Alan Nixon

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Reckon we wouldn't be far of £14 million for Reach so far having our trousers down I think your wrong  

If you can sell to the PL, then yes.

They have money to burn.

We allegedly paid £6 million for Reach, and few would have paid that when we signed him.

In any case, I was thinking more of Rhodes.

40 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If you can sell to the PL, then yes.

They have money to burn.

We allegedly paid £6 million for Reach, and few would have paid that when we signed him.

In any case, I was thinking more of Rhodes.

But Rhodes didnt cost  £14million 

15 hours ago, richowl said:

Selling our ground to a 3rd party?

if there’s one thing going for us it’s the fact we own our ground.

a % of our fan base have been wanting us to relocate.

who would want the land the stadium is on?

we're one of the safer clubs in football, to sell and lease back the ground, it appears there's very little use for it otherwise.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Not sure what the plans are but if for some reason we are going to be bringing players in here’s must for santa 

right back - I’ll take that Lacey one that follows Bruce around 

hard as nails centre midfielder with presence - I’ll take the play off final winner guy 

another winger - I’ll take snotgrass 

Bit more presence and mix up in midfield 

we can start using Hutchinson as a defender too then as well as in midfield 

bit more quality out wide 

our spine is still solid and with FF winnal and hopeful lee coming back we will be contenders again

the question is will we find the run to do it this year?

now I’m being realistic sell bannan, reach, FF, westwood and bring in Glen whelan as captain 

I would discount lee, I do fear he may never return to be the player he was.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Maybe Chansiri has simply learnt that boasting about how much money you've got is foolish.

It's music to Gibson's ears at bonny 'Boro, for example.

He's had our trousers down for £14 million.

One moment he says that we're gonna be in big trouble, the next "don't worry about FFP".

It's possible that our great leader is sharper than we've given credit for.

Let's say you've got a manager whom you're not completely happy with.

Keeping a portion of your money aloof and telling him that there's no cash because of FFP means that he has to make do with what he's got.

Then when the man you want becomes available you can back him.

Nixon's right about one thing, Brucie wouldn't be coming here unless (a) he is well paid and (b) there's money in the kitty.

that's 2, but you are correct about all but the maths.

13 minutes ago, dnhc said:

a % of our fan base have been wanting us to relocate.

who would want the land the stadium is on?

we're one of the safer clubs in football, to sell and lease back the ground, it appears there's very little use for it otherwise.

Regardless if anyone wants it the ground is an asset.

asset stripping for a quick fix is bloody stupid to say the least.

15 hours ago, akbuk said:

Selling it to his family company?

yep I read that somewhere, whether on here or not I can't remember , but I do remember the words were he sells the ground /club back to tuf/tuna /family , and he retains the running of it ,maybe rubbish but I do remember reading it

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Reckon we wouldn't be far of £14 million for Reach so far having our trousers down I think your wrong  

To a Premier club that's about right. Let's not forget though that any instalments left on his fee to Boro will be immediately due. Plus if we sold him for £14m on a five year contract the fee I believe is amortised over the 5 years I believe. So it wouldn't show as £14m income for this year but £2.8m for each year of the contract. I'll gladly be corrected on that but that's the way I understand it.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

To a Premier club that's about right. Let's not forget though that any instalments left on his fee to Boro will be immediately due. Plus if we sold him for £14m on a five year contract the fee I believe is amortised over the 5 years I believe. So it wouldn't show as £14m income for this year but £2.8m for each year of the contract. I'll gladly be corrected on that but that's the way I understand it.

Unless a skilled negotiator agrees a bigger proportion to be paid up front from the cash rich premier teams??

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Unless a skilled negotiator agrees a bigger proportion to be paid up front from the cash rich premier teams??

Always a possibility, do we have a skilled negotiator at the club?

3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Like you I would also be gladly corrected. But I thought that was when you are buying a player not selling one.