Alan Nixon

1 hour ago, whatevertrevor said:

Now he's saying that he thinks Bruce will be able to bring players in in January, rather than having to wait until the summer.

Again, that could just be Nixon surmising that if we have the funds to spend on Bruce then we must, somehow, have funds available/be able to spend. 

It would be unlikely that Bruce would take a job with no transfer funds. He could easily wait till end of the season and still be a wanted man. So I suspect Nixon’s assumption is right that we have managed to get money to spend in January 

On 22/12/2018 at 02:48, slightlybruisedman said:

Empirically and demonstrably thrilled that he’ll never be near our dugout again

Our groundsman is furious though, heard he's been telling his mates that he has one particular section of turf that is far superior to anywhere else in the country

17 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I suspect we are getting a cash injection. Said on here previously I had heard a suggestion of DC selling the ground to an associate and leasing it back.

I sincerely hope not, it sounds like very dangerous territory to me. What happens if DC & his associate have a fall out? What happens if DC does decide he's had enough & wants to sell up? Any prospective buyer will also have to negotiate with the owner of the stadium.

Edited by mogbad

Just now, mogbad said:

I sincerely hope not, it sounds like very dangerous territory to me. What happens if DC & is associate have a fall out? What happens if DC does decide he's had enough & wants to sell up? Any prospective buyer will also have to negotiate with the owner of the stadium.

Unless his business associate is D-Taxi's or Elev8, like McCabe did with the lane in selling it to Scarborough Holdings

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I suspect we are getting a cash injection. Said on here previously I had heard a suggestion of DC selling the ground to an associate and leasing it back.

Selling it to his family company?

‘He took Villa from relegation to play off’s and left the squad in a much healthier position with a net spend of next to nothing’ (paraphrasing Alex Bruce on Twitter) 

With this in mind he might not need an influx of cash, merely outgoings and incomings. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

13 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Same as when they couldn’t bring Rhodes  in because of not having that kind of money to spend then a week later we sign him hmm

To be fair we didn’t have that kind of money, that’s why we’ve been fizzed for two and a half years. 

Not sure what the plans are but if for some reason we are going to be bringing players in here’s must for santa 

right back - I’ll take that Lacey one that follows Bruce around 

hard as nails centre midfielder with presence - I’ll take the play off final winner guy 

another winger - I’ll take snotgrass 

Bit more presence and mix up in midfield 

we can start using Hutchinson as a defender too then as well as in midfield 

bit more quality out wide 

our spine is still solid and with FF winnal and hopeful lee coming back we will be contenders again

the question is will we find the run to do it this year?

now I’m being realistic sell bannan, reach, FF, westwood and bring in Glen whelan as captain 

Maybe Chansiri has simply learnt that boasting about how much money you've got is foolish.

It's music to Gibson's ears at bonny 'Boro, for example.

He's had our trousers down for £14 million.

One moment he says that we're gonna be in big trouble, the next "don't worry about FFP".

It's possible that our great leader is sharper than we've given credit for.

Let's say you've got a manager whom you're not completely happy with.

Keeping a portion of your money aloof and telling him that there's no cash because of FFP means that he has to make do with what he's got.

Then when the man you want becomes available you can back him.

Nixon's right about one thing, Brucie wouldn't be coming here unless (a) he is well paid and (b) there's money in the kitty.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Maybe Chansiri has simply learnt that boasting about how much money you've got is foolish.

It's music to Gibson's ears at bonny 'Boro, for example.

He's had our trousers down for £14 million.

One moment he says that we're gonna be in big trouble, the next "don't worry about FFP".

It's possible that our great leader is sharper than we've given credit for.

Let's say you've got a manager whom you're not completely happy with.

Keeping a portion of your money aloof and telling him that there's no cash because of FFP means that he has to make do with what he's got.

Then when the man you want becomes available you can back him.

Nixon's right about one thing, Brucie wouldn't be coming here unless (a) he is well paid and (b) there's money in the kitty.

Or Mr Chansiri is a nutter.

• Haha 1