Alan Nixon

10 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I’ve been watching Wednesday since 1979 and Eustace would be my choice as the worst ever manager.

Eustace had colin west up front the player what hit the roof of the kop instead on the net , jos by a million miles is the worst ever ,someone who banned 6-7 players from earning there wages . who drops the player of the month next game etc etc could go on but that be as boring as what jos was. 

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

Someone on twitter reporting that Nixon is saying we have money to spend in Jan, also says either we lied about ffp or we have investment coming, may explain the 2 million a year we have offered Bruce.

If the rumour my mate was peddling at the game yesterday it will be from Wolves and Reach going in the other direction. 

Guest wilyfox

Mr.Bruce will be offering his football management services for free, and employed as a taxi driver on a modest 2mil salary. Nothing tuna fishy about it at all. 

2 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

sorry if i am been stupid but thought the issue wasnt money but that we cant show the revenue to allow us to spend it

Same here. Spending well far in excess of revenue. So if we are not being penalised for falling foul with FFP, then why have  been told differently by the club. Some strange things happening at SWFC at present especially with the chairman. Suddenly dismissing JL whether it was by mutual consent or not straight after the fans forum, saying he was selling up, then possibly bringing in the most expensive manager in the championship. Something doesn't stack up.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Unless of course, we are preparing to break FFP rules, in the hope that Bruce can get us up. Even at the recent forum, DC was suggesting we could be in trouble IF we don’t go up You don’t employ someone like Bruce, on big money, if you aren’t going to give him the proper tools to do the job Would be odd if we hired him to just keep us up, and to build a new squad on a budget There’s no history of him being able to do that

I thought we may go for it but surely if we were so close toill embargo last time the league will be watching like a hawk and prevent transfers if needs be?

1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

Same here. Spending well far in excess of revenue. So if we are not being penalised for falling foul with FFP, then why have  been told differently by the club. Some strange things happening at SWFC at present especially with the chairman. Suddenly dismissing JL whether it was by mutual consent or not straight after the fans forum, saying he was selling up, then possibly bringing in the most expensive manager in the championship. Something doesn't stack up.

sorry my English is poop. I mean i thought that as we dint have the revenue he cant spend it. People saying he wont spend hes skint etc but thought that its not the fact he wont spend just cant i.e even if investment came in unless they buy every spare seat in house or rename stadium of stupid money how can it change the FFP stance. its a question not statement as no idea

12 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

sorry my English is poop. I mean i thought that as we dint have the revenue he cant spend it. People saying he wont spend hes skint etc but thought that its not the fact he wont spend just cant i.e even if investment came in unless they buy every spare seat in house or rename stadium of stupid money how can it change the FFP stance. its a question not statement as no idea

The one thing is though Mr chairman isn’t skint 

4 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

The one thing is though Mr chairman isn’t skint 

exactly thats the point i was (badly) trying make. You could have trillions in bank and willing spend it but if rules say you cant then we cant. Just puzzled how you wouldnot employ a loop hole whizz kid get round it as it seems like other have

23 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

I always believed his wealth wasn't an issue. He as far exceeded the acceptable amount set by the FA regarding revenue and spend, unless I'm reading it wrong. Also it appears the FA saw through the D Taxi thing as it never came off. I think that I have simplified too much. 

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I always believed his wealth wasn't an issue. He as far exceeded the acceptable amount set by the FA regarding revenue and spend, unless I'm reading it wrong. Also it appears the FA saw through the D Taxi thing as it never came off. I think that I have simplified too much. 

again i have prob got it completely wrong but thought/understood that the ffp work in a revenue to spend ration for example in very simple figures you bring in 1 million rev you can spend 3 million and as we only bring xyz in he cant spend anymore

1 hour ago, benitocarbonara said:

exactly thats the point i was (badly) trying make. You could have trillions in bank and willing spend it but if rules say you cant then we cant. Just puzzled how you wouldnot employ a loop hole whizz kid get round it as it seems like other have

Think we could presume or hope that was the reason DC was back in his homeland for a month , he did state he is very tired as he has been working continually on the problem