Alan Nixon

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

Would a better idea be that at the beginning of each season the owners of each club put a set amount into an account and that's all they can spend ? They have to prove that it's money of their own and it's not gained from loans against the club's and such, the three teams who dropped from the premier league can only spend the parachute payments 

Think anything’s got to be better than whatever it is there trying to peddle our currently ,  you need a Maths degree to have any chance of working it out , sounds a decent suggestion to me fella 

3 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Yes read those but nixon only floating a theory not saying he believes it to be the case.

Can't grab the tweets for some reason but he said - 

There must be money. About to spend that on a boss. What happens next will be interesting.

Bruce wages alone a lot of money. So that’s a big difference to previous strategy. So either FFP was a convenient excuse. Or there’s a new chunk of cash coming into play. All very strange.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Would a better idea be that at the beginning of each season the owners of each club put a set amount into an account and that's all they can spend ? They have to prove that it's money of their own and it's not gained from loans against the club's and such, the three teams who dropped from the premier league can only spend the parachute payments 

Stop spouting common sense! This is football and common sense doesn't belong here!

• Like 1

Unless of course, we are preparing to break FFP rules, in the hope that Bruce can get us up. Even at the recent forum, DC was suggesting we could be in trouble IF we don’t go up You don’t employ someone like Bruce, on big money, if you aren’t going to give him the proper tools to do the job Would be odd if we hired him to just keep us up, and to build a new squad on a budget There’s no history of him being able to do that

Just now, gurujuan said:

Unless of course, we are preparing to break FFP rules, in the hope that Bruce can get us up. Even at the recent forum, DC was suggesting we could be in trouble IF we don’t go up You don’t employ someone like Bruce, on big money, if you aren’t going to give him the proper tools to do the job Would be odd if we hired him to just keep us up, and to build a new squad on a budget There’s no history of him being able to do that

Balls deep all out in January to try and get promoted ?  

Scary thought if it goes wrong, but you don’t know what the consequences are ... we could be so far over FFP that it might make no difference if we spend a bit more 

Chansiri could be lining up 1/2 sales and then allow Bruce room to manoeuvre 

Nixon doesn’t know jack about our FFP situation. He knows about transfers and managers. He knows nowt about investment etc. People ask him about stuff he doesn’t know and he offers an opinion, probably less informed than most people on here regarding this particular topic.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Nixon doesn’t know jack about our FFP situation. He knows about transfers and managers. He knows nowt about investment etc. People ask him about stuff he doesn’t know and he offers an opinion, probably less informed than most people on here regarding this particular topic.

He outright dismissed the idea of us coming out of the embargo back in August when that Sky commentator mentioned it. 

24 hours later...we were out of the embargo.

Like most people when it comes to FFP; it's all guess work and speculation. Whole thing is as clear as mud. 

Edited by SiJ

On 22/12/2018 at 02:01, slightlybruisedman said:

Oh, and tarra Jos, you were the worst appointment in the history of this club

enjoy your pay off and don’t come back 

I take it you arnt old enough to remember Steve Burtenshaw. 

24 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

Can't grab the tweets for some reason but he said - 

There must be money. About to spend that on a boss. What happens next will be interesting.

Bruce wages alone a lot of money. So that’s a big difference to previous strategy. So either FFP was a convenient excuse. Or there’s a new chunk of cash coming into play. All very strange.

It was me who asked Nixon about transfer money. The impression I got is that he is speculating that if we can suddenly come up with £2M for Bruce then that’s a significant departure from the previous strategy of cutting out all spending whatsoever. Don’t think he knows there is new money incoming, he’s just putting 2 & 2 together!

1 minute ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

It was me who asked Nixon about transfer money. The impression I got is that he is speculating that if we can suddenly come up with £2M for Bruce then that’s a significant departure from the previous strategy of cutting out all spending whatsoever. Don’t think he knows there is new money incoming, he’s just putting 2 & 2 together!

We have no extra money is my guess.

I would  suggest we will be selling in Jan and any surplus funds will be for the manager to spend. Its up to the manager to do some wheeler, dealing.

Guess Bruce is very apt at that bit like our old Big Ron.

14 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

We have no extra money is my guess.

I would  suggest we will be selling in Jan and any surplus funds will be for the manager to spend. Its up to the manager to do some wheeler, dealing.

Guess Bruce is very apt at that bit like our old Big Ron.

Sorry but don’t think Bruce would come here on them terms, and nor would I want him to

If that’s the job remit id seriously consider Paul Heckingbottom, did cracking job at Barnsley 

37 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He outright dismissed the idea of us coming out of the embargo back in August when that Sky commentator mentioned it. 

24 hours later...we were out of the embargo.

Like most people when it comes to FFP; it's all guess work and speculation. Whole thing is as clear as mud. 

Yeah but apart from all the times he is wrong, he is always right. :ghoulguy:

24 minutes ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

Yeah that's my take too mate. Was just trying to help @Triple O find the tweets that @jack whitham had mentioned.