Raises more questions than answers

5 hours ago, supersiggi said:

On Wednesday DC firmly backed his manager, but received a massive vocal backlash for doing so.

48 hrs later he's gone.

How can he justify his change of heart.

The guy is continually showing he's weak and malleable. 

I'm glad Jos has gone but  it does not instil confidence in the owner.

F***me he just sacked jos like we all wanted and still find a negative out of it

I'm surprised that people actually believe that all this wasn't already in process . Wednesday (night) didn't change anything. Obviously there were reasons why DC had to lie. He's hardly going to tell his manager he's sacked by telling a fans forum first. 

The only thing I would say is that having announced it only 48 hours later he could have saved himself a lot of grief by just sacking him Wednesday morning. If initially all we were going to do was bullen in charge this weekend I don't see why he held back. BUT we don't know all the details. Possibly a promise from the new manager that they would make a decision on whether to take the job by Friday morning? I don't know.

Edited by poite

On Wednesday DC firmly backed his manager, but received a massive vocal backlash for doing so.

48 hrs later he's gone.

DC is an educated and cultured man with integrity, it would have been totally inappropriate, not to say most unbusiness like to openly discuss sacking Jos at the forum. There could arguably have been legal issues if he had done. How would you have felt if your boss had discussed sacking you in similar circumstances?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Course we should be.... we have a pitch and a scoreboard.... and many millions more in debt and FFP / Admin looming.

We should bow down and thank him, for acting on a manager that should have gone weeks ago and should never have been here in the first place.

Shame on you

be grateful, be humble, bow down. lol

However, let's hope that this is the turning point for the club

UP THE OWLS !!!!!

There’s enough to go on without making stuff up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thing is, by backing him and sacking him a couple of days later, to some fans, rightly or wrongly he’s going to look a bit silly.

You’d have thought he would have prepared for the question and being prepped.

Something as simple as ‘results are currently not good enough, I’ll have a sit down with Jos to see how we can improve things going forward’. Personally I would’t, but could even add ‘he has given me no reason to doubt his abolity’. Something complimentary. You’re not backing the manager and you’re not slagging him off, this leaves you open to all options without upsetting the fan base or looking a bit daft afterwards.

Guys a loose cannon, look at his dig at Abdi, and was about to hang Westwood out to dry before Katrien reeled him back in.

I'd have had more than a dig at Abdi if I'd been paying him £30000 a week for near on 3 years. 

DC will have spoken with Jos after the fans forum.  I can’t imagine Jos would have felt any great desire to continue, assuming DC highlighted the fans dissasitisafction.  Perhaps Jos’ leaving was no more complicated than two professional blokes reaching the conclusion that a change of manager was inevitable? 

I’d imagine Jos isn’t short of money so at his stage of the game I reckon he’s more than happy to walk away with a few bob and call it a day.

5 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

DC obviously had slept on it then changed his mind. 

Are you  joking?

Every iota of logic points to DC and/or someone else connected with the club talking to Bruce long before last Thursday. It is perfectly understandable that none of that would have been spoken about at the fans' forum. Indeed, the club may well have been waiting for acceptance of offer before finally parting with Jos. Furthermore, Jos has looked like a guy resigned to his fate for a few weeks and the interview after last Saturday's game showed that he knew what was coming.

6 hours ago, supersiggi said:

48 hrs later he's gone.

It’s almost as if the very public ‘vote of confidence’ he received was dreaded. If only that was a thing, maybe even so popular it was a football cliche? 

Guest The Horse

This obviously needs explaining in every thread.

No man of any integrity would announce in front of a load of fans that he was going to sack his manager.

Can you imagine if you were Jos / anybody else in the world of football and found out that's how he conducted himself?

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Are you  joking?

Every iota of logic points to DC and/or someone else connected with the club talking to Bruce long before last Thursday. It is perfectly understandable that none of that would have been spoken about at the fans' forum. Indeed, the club may well have been waiting for acceptance of offer before finally parting with Jos. Furthermore, Jos has looked like a guy resigned to his fate for a few weeks and the interview after last Saturday's game showed that he knew what was coming.

I agree, either he was deadman walking or in a meeting post Wednesdays forum with Jos (as Bullen eluded to in presser) DC made requests that made the position untenable and mutual parting agreed. 

I was there Wednesday night and he said (numerous times as the same question was asked constantly) he wouldn’t sack him as there wasn’t better out there...YET. I read between the lines and said to the other guys sat around me that I thought he was waiting for a green light from the next manager before pulling the trigger. I got the feeling from DC that Jos was on borrowed time. 

Hes now gone, rumours are (from the media) that Bruce is agreed but after Xmas with backroom staff in before that and DC (apparently) is selling up. The fans got what they wanted, (I don’t want DC gone) give it a rest and let’s stop picking holes in everything else. Concentrate on backing the team, it’s needed now more than ever WAWAW

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, supersiggi said:

48 hrs later he's gone.

Sounds like he wasn't sacked which suggests he hasn't had a change of heart...

It wouldn’t surprise me if DC didn’t realise just what a large amount of the fanbase wanted Jos out. Fair play to DC for actually getting rid because personally I didn’t think he would do. So important we get this next appointment right, we do not need another unknown, untried foreign manager. Would deff take Bruce, not the perfect appointment (to be fair who is) but compared to Jos for example I would snap your hand off for Bruce. 

Drink had been taken when I wrote my original post and in the cold light of day possibly the way I wrote it was a bit ....clumsy.

I suppose the sentiment I was trying to get across was that the timeline of the whole situation is strange.

As others have said, if this was planned all along he could have saved himself a lot of bother and sacked him on Wednesday or at least been a bit more balanced in his comments at the forum. 

The other option is that it wasn't planned and the feedback from the forum made his mind up. If this is the case I'm surprised he needed the forum to gauge fans thoughts as it's been very apparent for weeks that Jos was on a sticky wicket.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and we'll see where we go from here.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Respect what ? The bloke has caused all this himself by sheer incompetence, I’m stumped what we should be respectful / grateful for . 

Maybe the £70 million he's  pumped in leaving us still with a squad we'ed have creamed ourselves for before he came.

He could have opened the forum with the statement  That he was sacking Jos and spiked everyone's guns.