£2m for Bruce

If we ever want to get out of the Championship (up rather than down) then we need a Coach that is capable of doing the job. I'd rather we got him in now than assemble a fresh group of players 18 months from now & then start looking round for a Coach. If he does come in now, he's part of the rebuilding process which would benefit us all. 

51 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Bruce is not the answer in our current position. 

Difficult to know who is but wish the best of luck to them. 

On balance, temporary appointment like Megson. Only with a job to keep us up. 

If Bruce can't make villa and their squad good we could end his career

Bruce is not the answer.......... but you don’t know who is???

46 minutes ago, poite said:

I've heard there's also an appearance bonus in his contract. 

Honestly, remember I told you this when in 18months time we mysteriously have a manager who isn't actually able to manager the team lol only at Wednesday 

Yep we’ll remember.... just like all the other things you told us

bit of a gamble as he cant have much experience working for a club that cant buy players …...solid enough appointment though if chansiri can give him some decent brass to build a squad though how he does that with the FFP  problems isn't going to be straightforward .  

Love Megson but he hasn’t managed for a while, and will be completely out of touch with what is going on, who is avalable etc

Bruce is exactly the type of manager we need, he’ll have his finger on the pulse. I’d have preferred Holloway but I’m completely ok with Bruce.

He is also going to cost more than Wilder and half his squad, so that’s another reason I like the idea. Something else for Wilder to self combust over.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

As DC said in the fans Forum changing the manager will not affect FFP :Chansiri:

Never thought it would and have been telling people this for ages. Wouldn’t buy a car without putting money aside for tax, insurance, fuel and possible repair bills etc. Not that anyone ever listens

Edited by theowlsman

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Surprised Bruce is going to come with FFP effecting us.

I am certain Bruce will get us organised though and getting players to put a shift in.

If Bruce is in charge they will not have a choice they will put a shift in otherwise he will sit on them Then their career will be over

From SWFC Supporters Club Twitter account

Apparently Steve Bruce has been offered £40k a week to take over at Wednesday.

The info appears to have come from Chris Wilder #swfc

Got the calculator out and it kind of adds up apart from who's said it. Trying to work that one out. 

Edited by basegreenowl

I'm not saying Bruce is definitely the right person,  I think he probably is, at this time. 

However the principle of paying a good wage to get the right manager is sound. 

The manager has the biggest impact (if he's allowed to) on the success of the club, much more than any individual player. 

Therefore you should spend an amount proportionate to the impact. 

Edited by Rev Owl

11 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Look at the squad Bruce had at Villa and he couldn’t do it.

He got Hull 2013/13 and Birmingham up twice on relatively small budgets. Sometimes managers just don’t fit in at clubs - similar to players - let’s hope SB fits well at ours. 

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

bit of a gamble as he cant have much experience working for a club that cant buy players …...solid enough appointment though if chansiri can give him some decent brass to build a squad though how he does that with the FFP  problems isn't going to be straightforward .  

He managed ok at Birmingham on a shoestring budget. People forget his earlier managerial career. 

47 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

He managed ok at Birmingham on a shoestring budget. People forget his earlier managerial career. 

not really he spent big at brum ,even at Huddersfield he was accused by the chairman of wasting 3 million quid which a fair wedge back then ……..I doubt he's ever had to deal in just free transfers and loans to put a team together .