£2m for Bruce

I know he would be a good appointment but, if the reports are true, £2m seems a lot of money, especially considering the FFP situation. It is 4 times the amount Eddie Howe was paid last season. It might be just me that thinks this, but comparatively to other managers in the Championship it is also very high.

Bruce is not the answer in our current position. 

Difficult to know who is but wish the best of luck to them. 

On balance, temporary appointment like Megson. Only with a job to keep us up. 

If Bruce can't make villa and their squad good we could end his career

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I know he would be a good appointment but, if the reports are true, £2m seems a lot of money, especially considering the FFP situation. It is 4 times the amount Eddie Howe was paid last season. It might be just me that thinks this, but comparatively to other managers in the Championship it is also very high.

I think Eddie Howe needs to get a new agent.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

It's peanuts really, FF is was on that....:wacko:

13 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Hey up Tone, didnt you see the other 2m thread on Brucie. I suppose another wont hurt. 

8 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Bruce is not the answer in our current position. 

Difficult to know who is but wish the best of luck to them. 

On balance, temporary appointment like Megson. Only with a job to keep us up. 

If Bruce can't make villa and their squad good we could end his career

FFS, a good manager is a good manager, do people say these things so they can come back to it if it doesn't work.

There is no way you know what will work.

21 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

FFS, a good manager is a good manager, do people say these things so they can come back to it if it doesn't work.

There is no way you know what will work.

To be fair I never said what would work. I said what I thought might work and on balance. Most managers that exist have done well at some point. Calm down pal

11 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Having seen How Villa have performed this season I am not sure Bruce has the desire and drive any more.

Villa didn't look motivated to me and have had a real turnaround since bringing Smith in.

Would rather see someone younger on the way up with something to prove.

Agree.

Villa fans wanted him gone because his lack of organisation of the players at his disposal was atrocious.

Look at the tune Dean Smith is getting out of the same squad at the moment.

I would rather take a younger manager with a fresh approach to the game. Heckingbottom did well before taking the poisoned chalice at Leeds, I'd also look at Paul Hurst.

• Haha 1

If it’s £2million a year that what our highest paid players are rumoured to be paid.

He’s been around long enough to know a manager shouldn’t work for less than his players.

Its all guesswork and conjecture though. It could be a £2 million deal for an 18 month contract. Nobody but those closely involved know the truth and certainly not the newspaper hacks

15 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Having seen How Villa have performed this season I am not sure Bruce has the desire and drive any more.

Villa didn't look motivated to me and have had a real turnaround since bringing Smith in.

Would rather see someone younger on the way up with something to prove.

99% of the time I'd completely agree with the statement around someone younger and something to prove, but given the issues we seem to have in the background, and the player base, I actually think someone like Bruce would be a very wise move. Old experienced head to get things settled

5 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

99% of the time I'd completely agree with the statement around someone younger and something to prove, but given the issues we seem to have in the background, and the player base, I actually think someone like Bruce would be a very wise move. Old experienced head to get things settled

That's true.

Except for the fact he didn't hang around when all the stuff with the Allam's kicked off at Hull.

• Haha 1