So, in January

If Mr Chansiri is serious about selling the club I cannot see him putting more money into the club, so we would have to wheel and deal in the transfer market.

I just hope we do not go back to bringing in 'Experienced' players in front of the younger players, I hope we keep playing Thorniley and Penny, they are the future.

We need PACE in the forward line and defence and POWER in midfield, and please, no more time bandits.

55 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Now it looks as if we’ll have the managerial change most of us felt was needed, what do we feel will, realistically happen in January? Of course we don’t yet know who the new manager will be, or when he may be in place. Assuming possible future investment, or even a sale, may have to wait until the summer, it’s unlikely we’ll see wholesale changes. That suits me, if we believe Jos didn’t make the most of what he had, hence he needed to go, then there should be enough at any new manager’s disposal, to get us climbing the table.

I’m guessing recruitment will again be down to the recruitment team, whoever they are. Again this makes sense, as in theory, they should know what’s needed. If it’s to be Bruce at the helm, he might not be in position until early January, and won’t really have had time to assess the squad. One of the positive things, if it is to be Bruce, he will have plenty of contacts, and a good knowledge of players at this level. Although he wasn’t happy about it, and wasn’t short on letting people know, he was able to work for a while under financial restraints at Villa  

Another unknown, is whether we’ll have to sell off some of the family silver. To be honest, I think that will be left until the summer, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see one big departure. This will probably be a bit contentious, but I’d consider offers for Adam Reach. He would potentially realise the most money, and could be replaced. A Reach sale, and a loan deal for Hourihane, would be a bit of good business

Even with the FFP restrictions I'm sure the club can extend to offering iFollow to Bruce to review the season so far.

It's clear centre mid and the defence are the problem areas. I'm sure even Jos saw that when he brought in Onomah and Hector on Loan.

21 minutes ago, debram said:

a ray of light now and again but he needs to toughen up, but then in his defence he needs managing and playing in a consistent position

Yeah agree he could add a bit of fight to his game, but he’s consistently been one of our better players, had added goals to his game and I get a feeling that In a better team he’d be very good 

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:52, Ozymandias Owl said:

Even with the FFP restrictions I'm sure the club can extend to offering iFollow to Bruce to review the season so far.

It's clear centre mid and the defence are the problem areas. I'm sure even Jos saw that when he brought in Onomah and Hector on Loan.

And scoring goals.

If you score goals it takes the pressure off the defence.

We have a Butter soft midfield since Stuart Gray left, and in all honesty, I cannot see Onomah being the answer to that.

What Bruce will need is time...and I mean more time than Jos had, probably more time than Carlos had.

It turned out that Jos didn't help himself, all the rumours about Westwood, Hutch..he goes, they play...Jos was more or less outed for what he was...despite the strange line ups...He obviously held grudges that  he would rather keep than see the team do better...its not acceptable...

So here we go again, the club will preach patience to fans who's patience has been stretched to the limit for 20 years...Its a fine balancing act.

If the FFP predictions are true, we probably have to sell, and we will have to sell someone we won't want to go to make a dent in it.

We, as fans will have to remember, when that happens..its not Bruces fault

On 21/12/2018 at 20:52, pazowl55 said:

If the rumours are to be believed then Chansiri wants 200 million for the club. 

He will want at least 10 million for Reach probably more if that is the case.

didn't he want 6 million for Westwood in the summer.

Reach is going nowhere.

Also wanted 20 mil for FF,when he was good

Edited by stocksyuto

On 21/12/2018 at 20:39, adelphi1867 said:

If Mr Chansiri is serious about selling the club I cannot see him putting more money into the club, so we would have to wheel and deal in the transfer market.

I just hope we do not go back to bringing in 'Experienced' players in front of the younger players, I hope we keep playing Thorniley and Penny, they are the future.

We need PACE in the forward line and defence and POWER in midfield, and please, no more time bandits.

I think the sell comment was a knee jerk reaction.I believe he wants to make it work and it wouldn't harm putting the sell bit out there and by some miracles some billionaire was sat twiddling his thumbs and thought yeah i could do with a little hobby.Winner winner for DC in that unlikely event