So, in January

Now it looks as if we’ll have the managerial change most of us felt was needed, what do we feel will, realistically happen in January? Of course we don’t yet know who the new manager will be, or when he may be in place. Assuming possible future investment, or even a sale, may have to wait until the summer, it’s unlikely we’ll see wholesale changes. That suits me, if we believe Jos didn’t make the most of what he had, hence he needed to go, then there should be enough at any new manager’s disposal, to get us climbing the table.

I’m guessing recruitment will again be down to the recruitment team, whoever they are. Again this makes sense, as in theory, they should know what’s needed. If it’s to be Bruce at the helm, he might not be in position until early January, and won’t really have had time to assess the squad. One of the positive things, if it is to be Bruce, he will have plenty of contacts, and a good knowledge of players at this level. Although he wasn’t happy about it, and wasn’t short on letting people know, he was able to work for a while under financial restraints at Villa  

Another unknown, is whether we’ll have to sell off some of the family silver. To be honest, I think that will be left until the summer, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see one big departure. This will probably be a bit contentious, but I’d consider offers for Adam Reach. He would potentially realise the most money, and could be replaced. A Reach sale, and a loan deal for Hourihane, would be a bit of good business

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Now it looks as if we’ll have the managerial change most of us felt was needed, what do we feel will, realistically happen in January? Of course we don’t yet know who the new manager will be, or when he may be in place. Assuming possible future investment, or even a sale, may have to wait until the summer, it’s unlikely we’ll see wholesale changes. That suits me, if we believe Jos didn’t make the most of what he had, hence he needed to go, then there should be enough at any new manager’s disposal, to get us climbing the table.

I’m guessing recruitment will again be down to the recruitment team, whoever they are. Again this makes sense, as in theory, they should know what’s needed. If it’s to be Bruce at the helm, he might not be in position until early January, and won’t really have had time to assess the squad. One of the positive things, if it is to be Bruce, he will have plenty of contacts, and a good knowledge of players at this level. Although he wasn’t happy about it, and wasn’t short on letting people know, he was able to work for a while under financial restraints at Villa  

Another unknown, is whether we’ll have to sell off some of the family silver. To be honest, I think that will be left until the summer, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see one big departure. This will probably be a bit contentious, but I’d consider offers for Adam Reach. He would potentially realise the most money, and could be replaced. A Reach sale, and a loan deal for Hourihane, would be a bit of good business

we wont get back what we paid for reach

• Haha 6

Yes the good news about Bruce and his team is you have more confidence they will be reviewing the English leagues for talent. Unlike our last manager who hadn’t watched a game in England in his life. 

And Bruce has better contacts in this country too 

If it is Bruce, the guy should have the gravitas to attract a few decent loan signings and that will probably be enough to see us through to mid table safety this season. Hopefully we can get a couple of full backs and a creative wide player with a bit of pace.

If it is Bruce, he will be watching tomorrow’s game on his iPad by the pool in Barbados . By five pm he will have a good idea of what needs to be done, whereas Jo’s has been here a year and still hadnt got a clue!

Bruce will probably spend sunday at the bar contacting his mates to see who has two full backs a centre back and a couple of midfielders available. 

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

A young English player with his potential will be worth £15-20m to a premier league side. Three will never be a better time to sell him

no chance of that kind of money, he has scored some great goals which no one can deny but his overall game is way below par re premiership standard, he needs to be more consistent and stop shirking tackles/50/50s

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Yet he consistently played nearly every game last season and was usually the only ray of light to be seen 

ok then 

a ray of light now and again but he needs to toughen up, but then in his defence he needs managing and playing in a consistent position