OFFICIAL Club statement. Jos gone. Bullen in charge for Preston

12 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Had decided to go tomorrow until I saw who'd been put in charge.

ive never heard of sacking a manager fri night and a new manager sat in dugout Saturday afternoon who has never even spoken to the players ,watched them or trained them . who else did you expect to be in charge 2moro? 

• Like 1

Just now, handworth52 said:

ive never heard of sacking a manager fri night and a new manager sat in dugout Saturday afternoon who has never even spoken to the players ,watched them or trained them . who else did you expect to be in charge 2moro? 

Maybe he swore at him too, loves the F word does Jos...:biggrin:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Not happy in the slightest that we’ve got another episode of Bullen-ball tomorrow.  The bloke should have been sacked after the Burton Albion debacle last season.

Why haven’t we got a replacement manager already lined-up to come straight in and start straight away?  Clueless.

I'm guessing the decision was only made some time after the fans forum so expecting a replacement so soon is a bit optimistic. Who would you expect other than Bullen?

37 minutes ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Steve Bruce would be ok till the end of the season no more, if he turns it around fine give him a permanent role I'd me more than happy to be proved wrong, otherwise no thanks from me. No one has mentioned Big Sam??

You are aware that Allerdyce earns about £6m a season aren't you ?

Just now, clud17 said:

I'm guessing the decision was only made some time after the fans forum so expecting a replacement so soon is a bit optimistic. Who would you expect other than Bullen?

I would be expecting Steve Bruce, Martin O’Neill, Mick McCarthy, David Moyes, or whoever the club appoints as the new permanent manager, to be in charge of the team.

Why has it taken the shenanigans of the fans forum to force the club’s hand?  We’ve taken 5 points from the last 10 games.

Chansiri should have been sorting out Luhukay’s replacement for the last month and a half.

By waiting until Friday evening of 21st December to relieve Luhukay of his duties, I would have expected the club to be ready to announce the new manager straight away.

The last thing we can afford right now is spend another few weeks in limbo, while the club search for a new manager, with hapless Bullen in charge against Preston, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Birmingham - we’ll be bottom of the league by the time we’ve played that lot and god only knows what our Goal Difference will look like!

33 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Honestly didn’t expect this so soon. Right move though. 

What I’m fascinated by is whether the dropped players will return.  

Well I thought it would'ave been announced on Football Heaven, so bit late for me.

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I would be expecting Steve Bruce, Martin O’Neill, Mick McCarthy, David Moyes, or whoever the club appoints as the new permanent manager, to be in charge of the team.

Why has it taken the shenanigans of the fans forum to force the club’s hand?  We’ve taken 5 points from the last 10 games.

Chansiri should have been sorting out Luhukay’s replacement for the last month and a half.

By waiting until Friday evening of 21st December to relieve Luhukay of his duties, I would have expected the club to be ready to announce the new manager straight away.

The last thing we can afford right now is spend another few weeks in limbo, while the club search for a new manager, with hapless Bullen in charge against Preston, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Birmingham - we’ll be bottom of the league by the time we’ve played that lot and god only knows what our Goal Difference will look like!

How do you know he wasn't askin/sortin out for about a month and a half ?

I'll bet ya we aren't bottom of the league after those games.

All those thinking he'll bring back all the frozen out players forget they've not played competitive football for months and who knows wether they've even been training even.

Westwood played 45 at Lincoln pre-season and 45 in an U23 game.

Hutch hasn't played since Brentford away in September was it?

Abdi, can't remember when he last played but sure it was last season

Winnall, Hooper and Lee and Forrestierri are all still injured 

All in all can't see that many changes tomorrow, maybe Boyd might play some part as he's had a couple of U23 games recently I think.

Best people can hope for if wanting some of above players back is to maybe be in squad and on subs bench.

55 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

He said he will be honest with fans.

He said he won't sack Jos because next manager will have same problems.

48 hours later...

Nowts changed, the next manager, whoever he is, still has the problems.

An over aged, overpaid and injury prone squad, lacking pace and power.

Hopefully those will be taken care of in January with loan players.