OFFICIAL Club statement. Jos gone. Bullen in charge for Preston

2 hours ago, Jos’s Tache said:

It’s official. Jos has gone. Next appointment vital. 

Big  big decision to make; what will my should my new username be!?

Really don't think you should ask that question on here mate! See you tomorrow 

:tango:

• Haha 1

Inevitable and overdue hope it’s a sign of a change of direction .rumours of Bruce would suggest an easing of financial constraints if so I would be amazed and intrigued how DC has managed it .if no financial wizadry has happened and we need a manager who can operate without huge funds i would go for megson 

Guest Theboylangers
3 hours ago, M Royds said:

Jos currently trending on twitter at No. 9

Probably the most popular he's been for about 6 months.lol

The 'easing of financial constraints' has nothing to do with Jos and his sacking. Any new manager will have the same constraints. These are not  of DC's making,except in spending overmuch in the past. Any new manager will have to follow FFP guidelines

And as for having a new manager standing by, who will want to join a club with constraints, an unhappy dressing room and a set of very rebellious, discontented fans? We are not exactly a jewel to be snatched. Who but a madman would wish to grasp what is a poison chalice..

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

The 'easing of financial constraints' has nothing to do with Jos and his sacking. Any new manager will have the same constraints. These are not  of DC's making,except in spending overmuch in the past. Any new manager will have to follow FFP guidelines

And as for having a new manager standing by, who will want to join a club with constraints, an unhappy dressing room and a set of very rebellious, discontented fans? We are not exactly a jewel to be snatched. Who but a madman would wish to grasp what is a poison chalice..

Do you not think that removing Jos will/would perhaps lighten the mood in the dressing room,afterall its been suggested they had stopped playing for him.

One facet of the discontented fans has been removed has it not.

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Letting Luhukay go hasn’t sorted anything out though.  That was the easiest decision that the club has ever had to make.

Can you provide any proof that the club have been speaking to other managers while Jos has remained in post?

Personally, I doubt it.  Two nights ago, the chairman was singing Luhukay’s praises.

It could have cost the club a fortune to pay Jos off and now we now don’t have a manager.  Like I’ve posted, Bullen’s last caretaker spell was an abomination.  Tomorrow could be a sobering experience against a bang-in-form Preston.

I’ll keep the champagne in the fridge for now.

Where did he sing his praises then ??? He backed him at the forum because he was still manager of this football club , did you expect him to come out and say yes I’m sacking Jos before he had a replacement lined up ? 

11 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Do you not think that removing Jos will/would perhaps lighten the mood in the dressing room,afterall its been suggested they had stopped playing for him.

One facet of the discontented fans has been removed has it not.

Were I a manager I would think very carefully about taking over a dressing room which could rebel and get a man sacked. Likewise a fan base so apparently abler to do likewise

Just now, Buxtongent said:

Were I a manager I would think very carefully about taking over a dressing room which could rebel and get a man sacked. Likewise a fan base so apparently abler to do likewise

Can't disagree fella,but i'm betting the mood is better from both players and fans for now.

Just now, Buxtongent said:

It really makes you wonder doesn’t it if any potential managers wouldn’t fancy this gig because of the fanbase ... 

I’m not trying to stir the pot ... but we do seem to be in the limelight at the minute for social media abuse, I believe it happens at every club but we seem to be getting singled out recently 

6 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

What am i,some kind of magician,you're the guy rippin the club a new @ss for not sounding the new guy out for about a month and a half.

So your speculation that the club has been "putting feelers out" for a new manger isn't based on anything then?

Whereas, my gut feeling that Bullen will be in charge for several important league fixtures is based on facts and experience.

8 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Never mind what was,this is now,suck it up.

The club has been mismanaged under this regime and the fans are as divided now as we've ever been.  We are in a relegation battle this season despite paying Champions League prices.  And your solution is to just suck it up?  Wow, what an inspiring battle cry that is.

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Where did he sing his praises then ??? He backed him at the forum because he was still manager of this football club , did you expect him to come out and say yes I’m sacking Jos before he had a replacement lined up ? 

He doesn't have a replacement lined up now IMO.

Would it be pushing the realms of reality to suggest the DC wasn’t going to sack JL until the very public slanging match on Wednesday night?

Had to go. Position was untenable after the forum despite DC defending him which he had to do. His time in charge here has been a disaster. After steadying the ship last season he failed to harness that momentum and this season has been a total write off. Not sad to see him go at all, yeah it's sad to see someone lose their job but he's been paid more money to do a dream job than any of us get for our jobs so I'll not lose any sleep over it. 

Credit where it’s due - he’s come back, assessed the situation, talked to the players and staff. Talked to the fans, got their damning verdict on him and then sacked him.

The only gripe I have is it should’ve happened weeks ago. Having said that, it’s becoming clear that the Bruce thing was set in motion weeks ago, so he obviously knew it needed to be done. It seems he wanted JL to limp on, in itself isn’t something I agree with. His dismissal has instantly lifted some of the mood of the fans. I’m actually looking forward to the game now. 

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

So your speculation that the club has been "putting feelers out" for a new manger isn't based on anything then?

Whereas, my gut feeling that Bullen will be in charge for several important league fixtures is based on facts and experience.

The club has been mismanaged under this regime and the fans are as divided now as we've ever been.  We are in a relegation battle this season despite paying Champions League prices.  And your solution is to just suck it up?  Wow, what an inspiring battle cry that is.

He doesn't have a replacement lined up now IMO.

Would it be pushing the realms of reality to suggest the DC wasn’t going to sack JL until the very public slanging match on Wednesday night?

My comment was to counter yours,which was just as speculative.

Your gut feeling,means nowt,because theres a club statement tellin all "Coach Lee Bullen will take caretaker charge of the team until a new permanent manager is appointed"

Yeh my solution is for you to suck it up,move on,go with the flow,or not,keep bleating on and on and on.

YOU don't think he has a replacement lined up,some do,we'll see soon enough.

Another Manager gone.  That's not news.  SWFC Managers rarely last past 2 years, even the best only last 4 or 5 years, for instance, Charlton, Wilkinson, Francis, and Laws.  Maybe it wasn't Jos who kept us in Division 2 last year, maybe it was the players, under a new Manager, hoping to get to play in position...and they did, when that scheme came up on the Jos Roster.  The ammunition is there, all we need is a "Forward Observer", ammunition will be provided by the Commander in Chief, D.C., when the "government" says he can spend x-amount of money.

And the season(s) goes on...it's just Football.  I'm still looking forward to the remaining matches, see what shakes out of it all.  Bullen in command again, hell, he's starting to be a regular in the position of Manager, he's in Year 2 now, let's see what he can do.