My take

Just now, Blue and white said:

Je also knows what this club means to its fans and won't come out with stupid comments like it's just another match when we play the unclean.

Yes, he also played against us in what were the magical early 90's (considering what the team has served up since) He will remember a rocking Hillsborough when we were at the top, might sound trivial but also has an affinity with his son having played for us. I think this is an appointment that will excite him. 

21 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I can a be a good bloke for 40k a week. This chairman is to say the least very unpredictable which is a worry. By the way I think Bruce would be terrible appointment especially with no funding. 

Chris Wilder will be apoplectic! Can just imagine the pre-match presser for the next derby game!

Turning your nose up at Bruce is practically looking a gift horse in the mouth given our current state.

Fair play to DC.

Would be great if Bruce could sort us out over the next couple of seasons.

If he does you can see DC staying and passing the reigns to his son as we soar up through the Premiership to win it in our 2nd season.

After 6 consecutive titles Bruce decides to stand down and Klopp, Potchetino & Guardiola are the first three applications to land on the Chairmanship desk.

Vodka anyone ?

32 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Turning your nose up at Bruce is practically looking a gift horse in the mouth given our current state.

Fair play to DC.

Would be great if Bruce could sort us out over the next couple of seasons.

If he does you can see DC staying and passing the reigns to his son as we soar up through the Premiership to win it in our 2nd season.

After 6 consecutive titles Bruce decides to stand down and Klopp, Potchetino & Guardiola are the first three applications to land on the Chairmanship desk.

Vodka anyone ?

I'm with you Rhubarb. I'm with you every step of the way. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiamK2292 said:

Best available who's out of work.

And I presume he'll bring in his own coaching staff - everyone from the previous 2 regimes have to go. We need a fresh approach.

Including Paxo.

Ride this season out and stay up and then start the rebuild with a man who knows what it takes, sure it's not going to happen over night but if DC listens to him and backs he wherever possible he will get this team promoted.