My take

Jos should have gone 3 months ago, but he’s gone now, so let’s move on. 

The Bruce appointment would be an excellent one for 2 reasons.

Firstly his track record at this level. He knows the league, and someone like Bruce should have followed Carlos. It was crying out for it. 

Secondly, Bruce is no mug, and doesn’t need a crap job at this stage if his career. He must have looked at this and seen a plan, and/or given assurances that he has a chance to succeed. He wouldn’t have come otherwise. For me, that’s the most important part of this appointment. It’s indicates to me that things may be changing upstairs. 

Bruce is a good bloke. I remember his class in the run up, and after the playoff final. He’s a bit like Ghia X version of Brian Laws, and he just has the gravitas and credibility to manage Sheffield Wednesday.

Great fit and well done DC. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely. Said similar things in another thread.

Right type of manager for Sheffield Wednesday, the type who can manage big clubs, and big expectations and the type of manager I pleaded for when Carlos moved on. Great football knowledge, proven track record, many excellent contacts in the game, and very importantly, the type of manager players will come to Hillsborough to play for. Has a personality and charm we’ll be able to embrace.

Now want any slating of Mr C to stop. He’s listened. Let’s give him his chance to put things right.

Getting good vibes if Bruce is confirmed

• Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, vulva said:

Jos should have gone 3 months ago, but he’s gone now, so let’s move on. 

The Bruce appointment would be an excellent one for 2 reasons.

Firstly his track record at this level. He knows the league, and someone like Bruce should have followed Carlos. It was crying out for it. 

Secondly, Bruce is no mug, and doesn’t need a crap job at this stage if his career. He must have looked at this and seen a plan, and/or given assurances that he has a chance to succeed. He wouldn’t have come otherwise. For me, that’s the most important part of this appointment. It’s indicates to me that things may be changing upstairs. 

Bruce is a good bloke. I remember his class in the run up, and after the playoff final. He’s a bit like Ghia X version of Brian Laws, and he just has the gravitas and credibility to manage Sheffield Wednesday.

Great fit and well done DC. 

DC could have saved himself a lot of grief at Wednesday's forum if he had sacked Jos earlier. Maybe he wouldn't have put club up for sale. Bruce would be a great appointment in my opinion for all the reasons you state. Lets wait and see

Exactly the appointment we need as it will tell us two things.

Firstly DC has decided to go down the tried and tested route and get a manager with a proven track record at this level.

Secondly, in appointing a manager such as Bruce you are effectively rendering Paxo surplus to requirements as Bruce will want full control over who comes in and how things are done.

If this happens I would be very very happy and will see it as DC has gone some way to making things right.

• Thanks 1

Must be a different Steve Bruce we took 3 points off a couple of months back whilst fans threw stuff at him and screamed for him to be sacked. Maybe a different Steve Bruce who, once sacked, has seen his old team transformed from rubbish to excellent under dean smith.

shocking choice of manager I only hope it’s a smokescreen for someone else.

• Thanks 1

PI won’t lie. And, I’ll put it on record.

With Bruce, I worry that we’re are going to get another overpaid journeyman. On a comfortable wage, seeing his last days out at the Club.

Joining the rest.

Especially if he has no budget.

If he wants to come, fine - but there is no need to “bribe” him or twist his arm - as the Newspaper reports suggest.

He should come for the right reasons - money shouldn’t be important at his stage in life.

Wish him well - but not a good fit for me.

* Agree with above post - mcmigo.

Edited by ReadingOwl

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I won’t lie. And, I’ll put it on record.

With Bruce, I worry that we’re are going to get another overpaid journeyman. On a comfortable wage, seeing his last days out at the Club.

Joining the rest.

Especially if he has no budget.

If he wants to come, fine - but there is no need to “bribe” him or twis5 his arm - as the Newsoaper reports suggest.

He should come for the right reasons - money shouldn’t be important at his stage in life.

Wish him well - but not a good fit for me.

I know you wanted Holloway but he tells me he’ll bide his time. He and Wednesday are destined for each other he says.

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Must be a different Steve Bruce we took 3 points off a couple of months back whilst fans threw stuff at him and screamed for him to be sacked. Maybe a different Steve Bruce who, once sacked, has seen his old team transformed from rubbish to excellent under dean smith.

shocking choice of manager I only hope it’s a smokescreen for someone else.

It's the same Steve Bruce who has 4 promotion from this league and that will do for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I know you wanted Holloway but he tells me he’ll bide his time. He and Wednesday are destined for each other he says.

Id rather have Holloway if I’m honest.

Especially If we don’t have to “bribe” him and wait until he’s come off holiday.

If it is to be Bruce, he ticks far more boxes for me than another Jos clone (my biggest fear). I reckon he could solidify us this season to mid table security. Then give us a chance to build from there. I am not at all against this appointment. Far better than I expected.