THANK YOU JOS

Some people are missing the point of this thread.

Jos failed at Wednesday, but let’s not pretend he was operating in easy circumstances.

I’m not defending him, but some of the comments are un-called for and if you feel genuine anger towards him then following Wednesday isn’t good for your heart. 

I'll remember him as a manager who couldn't beat some fairly towering odds. No shame in that whatsoever, as far as I can see.

I honestly don't think it would've mattered much who came in after Carlos. It was like a work experience kid being given a one-sided pamphlet and a thumbs up, then being sent out to deprogramme a bunch of cult survivors.

Jos was more or less doomed to fail IMO, and - up until the very last death throes, at least - he approached the challenge with quiet (too quiet, arguably) dignity.

For that I'll always respect him, as grimly hysterical a spectacle as it's been everywhere but in the dugout.

Loads of managers would've proper thrown toys. Seen it as their reputation on the line, rather than primarily a club problem.

Jos spared us that much. It was never about him.

In a parellel universe, who knows? But in this one, it's for the best.

Thank you though, Jos, and all the best. Sincerely.

Also, it shouldn't go without saying - well done DC for sniffing the air and calling it, as rough a ride as it's proving at present.

You've done the right thing, and despite the bulk of evidence, I do remain optimistic that there's more of the same to come.

Which is why I'm Wednesday 'till I die. Mild insanity, basically.

UTO, let's get ourselves up into the boring places now, and worry about future bridges to cross from there.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, standerino said:

Some people are missing the point of this thread.

Jos failed at Wednesday, but let’s not pretend he was operating in easy circumstances.

I’m not defending him, but some of the comments are un-called for and if you feel genuine anger towards him then following Wednesday isn’t good for your heart. 

Not your thread mate. It's Mcminos & your still wrong.

Just now, Colinwestzicoest said:

No just can't stand all this politically correct thank you rubbish when there's nothing to thank him for. I don't get thanked at work when I don't meet targets & I don't get paid thousands a week not meeting targets.

It’s not politically correct - it just being humble and respectful to a bloke who’s just lost his job at Christmas. 

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Colinwestzicoest said:

No just can't stand all this politically correct thank you rubbish when there's nothing to thank him for. I don't get thanked at work when I don't meet targets & I don't get paid thousands a week not meeting targets.

And yet you’re still in a job for not meeting targets, Jos isn't. He tried and failed like majority of managers do. Time to move on 

When Jos took over we were up poo creek without a paddle. But he managed to steer us to clearer waters and mid table. He deserved time to progress this season. Unfortunately, some of his decisions since September are akin to him sh1tting in the creek himself as we drift back down towards the turd division.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, standerino said:

> Came to the club under difficult circumstances with the team was in freefall. 

> Steadied the ship, turning Nuhui into a goal machine in the process. 

> Didn't have any money to spend other than 500k - a completely different reality to  Carlos’.

> Introduced youngsters into the first team - something we’re not used to seeing

Obviously things haven’t worked out, but some of the petty name-calling has been unfair e.g. ‘Jos the dross’.

All the best Jos. 

Dont wish him any evil and hope he has a restful family Christmas but the fact is he should have gone weeks ago.

He had a decent squad to work with and would/should have known coming into the job that money to spend would not be an option.

Some of the young players he has introduced have briefly looked the part but only Thorniley has really performed at the required level on a consistent basis yet still got rotated by Jos this season. Others like Dawson and Penney have done ok but Dawson has been put in a difficult situation and has struggled at times while Penney is another who has been shuffled into different positions and has struggled as a result.

The squad as a whole has not been unified under him which is part of his job and his constant changing of formations and players has produced the worst defensive record in the division.