THANK YOU JOS

Jos didn't apply for the job. Either DC or Doyen lured him out of retirement, no doubt throwing an attractive wedge of money at him. If someone offers you a big amount of dosh to do a job its only human reaction to not only consider it but take it. I don't blame Jos for taking the job although he plainly was not up to it and had no experience of the league wer'e in. All the blame lies with DC in employing him in the first place. He should have gone after the Norwich thrashing but again that delay was down to chairman.

I know you will not have the fondest of memories whilst being here Jos but I wish you the best in whatever you do next.

As one of the last to want him out, purely for being very sceptical about DC and the influence he may have had, the last 2 days could very much be a wipe the wipe the slate clean opportunity.

We don't need to rush into a new appointment because if Jos was the problem and we've got lots in the tank as most think, we should take our time now to get the right man.

Bruce for me is not the answer, he has struggled with a strong squad and money more than once. 

5 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

As one of the last to want him out, purely for being very sceptical about DC and the influence he may have had, the last 2 days could very much be a wipe the wipe the slate clean opportunity.

We don't need to rush into a new appointment because if Jos was the problem and we've got lots in the tank as most think, we should take our time now to get the right man.

Bruce for me is not the answer, he has struggled with a strong squad and money more than once. 

I wouldn't want bruce either but I don't think we are the type of club that could attract a manager who's only had success …...

Inherited a poor squad when he came in and continued it.

Wasn't right for the job and that's down to DC for appointing him. There was a reason why he was close to not managing again and it showed. Completely out of his depth.

If it's Steve Bruce coming in after Christmas than so be it. Knows the league and 4 promotions on his CV. Former blade or not, he's the best available who's out of work.

3 hours ago, standerino said:

> Came to the club under difficult circumstances with the team was in freefall. 

> Steadied the ship, turning Nuhui into a goal machine in the process. 

> Didn't have any money to spend other than 500k - a completely different reality to  Carlos’.

> Introduced youngsters into the first team - something we’re not used to seeing

Obviously things haven’t worked out, but some of the petty name-calling has been unfair e.g. ‘Jos the dross’.

All the best Jos. 

Yes, agree with all that, with a memorable end to last season, scoring goals for fun, and everyone smiling again - even Jos.  Best of the future to him.  Most managers find it's an ageing experience working at Hillsborough, which is a major reason why we are where we are.  Ludicrous expectations....so here we go again...

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

He was dealt a very bad hand. But falling out with fan favourites and constantly changing the team was always going to attract negativity. Once he lost the fans that was that. Wish him well though! Some of the football he had them playing at the end of last season was brilliant shame the team regressed. 

I can thank Jos for the superb end to last season. The victories and goalfest against Preston, Reading and Norwich got my 5 Yr old son absolutely hooked on the Owls. He's utterly obsessed with football and swfc. So Jos, I thank you sir and enjoy your retirement. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Thank you?

Dont worry Snowflake he will be fine.

What an arrogant, obtuse post this is.

Read my post. I'm delighted my 5 Yr old has fallen in love with the Owls. The reason? The excellent finish to last season. Snowflake indeed. As if any normal person uses that terminology. 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

His first few months were good, his last were awful. I supported the integration of young players whilst results and performances were steady, but to exile senior pros and watch us slide down the table as a consequence is plain wrong. Can't say and do the things he has recently. Had to go. 

1 hour ago, LiamK2292 said:

Inherited a poor squad when he came in and continued it.

Wasn't right for the job and that's down to DC for appointing him. There was a reason why he was close to not managing again and it showed. Completely out of his depth.

If it's Steve Bruce coming in after Christmas than so be it. Knows the league and 4 promotions on his CV. Former blade or not, he's the best available who's out of work.

Agreed. The fact Bruce managed at The Lane makes it more interesting. 

I'm relieved JL has gone. He'll have been well paid for his time here, there are people in a far worse position right now. If he'd have done a good job, he'd still be employed.

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

His first few months were good, his last were awful. I supported the integration of young players whilst results and performances were steady, but to exile senior pros and watch us slide down the table as a consequence is plain wrong. Can't say and do the things he has recently. Had to go. 

More like his first 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Getting shot down by all the Jos haters. This site as turned toxic, but we aint done yet. Lets wait to see how this chairman deals with it and who he appoints next. Why didnt you mention the slating whilst JL was here, where was you . Or wait, you weren't gloating was you. Why don't you move on pal but be very careful who you wish for. We wouldn't want you gloating again, would we. 

I’m not gloating all I know is what I see on the pitch and it was not anywhere near good enough , I’m glad we have made a change , we had to Jos was not right for us in my opinion .

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If every manager who got the sack judged their opinion of a football club, a city and a country on the reaction of social media during a time of poor results then they would all have poor opinions of every place they have managed.

I am sure most managers are old enough and wise enough to take a more rounded view than that.

He struck me as quite astute, so I believe he knew what he was getting in to. Fair play fot taking  on the challenge, but in 45 years of watching Wednesday, I can honestly say that under Jos, it's the first time I didn't look forward to going to a game / watching it on TV.  It was awful.

And from the home game v Leeds, it got worse. I include Reach's goals,  

It wax only a matter of time before his luck ran out, most managers would have been sacked sooner. He was kept in post due to the owner's ineptitude.

He did the job the way he knows best & that worked for him in the past,whilst trying to juggle all the various problems going on around him,the fact he couldnt spend hindered the guy his only option to freshen things up came from an inexperienced youth squad.

His insistance on constantly changing the squad,especially the defence,IMHO hindered any progress he made,but was possibly shaped by the horrendous injury list he inherited on his appointment,to his credit he staved off what some saw as possible relegation that season with a mid table finish and saw Adthe rejuvinated.

He worked with his hands tied to a large degree,but seemed content to alienate certain more experinced players for whatever reason.

I can only thank the guy for his efforts,he came up short,but gave his best under VERY trying circumstances.

Cheers pal,Vaarwel & best wishes

• Like 1