THANK YOU JOS

Terrible manager.

Terrible appointment.

im so pleased he’s gone - we are in free fall and desperately need a new manager.

if it is Steve Bruce it will be night and day to jos.

knows the league plenty of experience -

would be an excellent appointment.

27 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Obviously not a good choice but the way he’s been treated by knuckleheads on here and Twitter is shameful 

No doubt he’ll be heading home with a very negative view of England, Sheffield and Sheffield Wednesday 

If every manager who got the sack judged their opinion of a football club, a city and a country on the reaction of social media during a time of poor results then they would all have poor opinions of every place they have managed.

I am sure most managers are old enough and wise enough to take a more rounded view than that.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If every manager who got the sack judged their opinion of a football club, a city and a country on the reaction of social media during a time of poor results then they would all have poor opinions of every place they have managed.

I am sure most managers are old enough and wise enough to take a more rounded view than that.

Let's be reyt, most of them are too old/wise to really give a fizz what 'social media' even is. Hardly a profession bristling with young, internet-savvy PR experts, is it?

I'd say the whole social media thing is water off a duck's back to 90% of these fellas, but it's not even that - it's more like a shrill Daily Mail headline that they glimpse across the waiting room at a the barber's while getting a 1930s-style hot towel shave. Then off to the garden centre for some wicker trellis. Bit of Radio 2 on the way. Nice cuppa and a snooze back home. Etc. Dinosaur city!

Mind you, that does sound like a cracking Saturday.

:goalie:

(Muggins here will be at Hillsborough instead, obviously lol)

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

To be fair, when he was appointed everyone wondered who the hell this guy was, but he came across well in his first interview and everyone gave him the chance. But let's face it,  the football particularly this year, has been awful to watch and this should have happened long before it has.

On a personal note though I will fondly remember him as the man who was manager when my little girl decided she wanted to start attending games with me last season, something we've carried on this year aswell and it makes me very proud even though the results/performances haven't matched!!

Anyway Jos enjoy retirement or whatever your next venture is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

1. You've plagiarised Mcmigo in the Joss gone? thread. Your post is almost identical.

2. Your wrong.

3. Nuhui has never been or going to be a goal machine.

4. He's brought in youngsters as his knowledge of our best seasoned pro's who should have stayed in the squad was woeful.

5. Team was not in freefall when he came but he's put it in freefall now.

6. He's fleeced the club & has been sulking since his bubble burst in October when he started to realise the job was beyond him.  

Thanks for nothing Jos. Should have gone weeks ago . Enjoy your retirement sadly for you football has moved on.

Not many good memories from th Jos era,except the good run of results towatds end of last season.

Think the man as been shafted by chairman and certain players,and his time here as ended badly.

Hope he gets the chance to say his piece on all the things that we fans have been blindfolded from.

All the best to the man.

Now lets see who starts tomorrow and get behind the lads that are chosen.

Steve Bruce err no thanks,  boring ,overpaid ,never won anything as a manager.

Dont count promotions unless you sustain the progress.

He was dealt a very bad hand. But falling out with fan favourites and constantly changing the team was always going to attract negativity. Once he lost the fans that was that. Wish him well though! Some of the football he had them playing at the end of last season was brilliant shame the team regressed. 

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

I am disappointed it didnt work.

I don’t hate Jos and feel no ill-feeling towards him.

I believe he tried his best which sadly was below what was expected.

Enjoy your retirement Jos. Overall you can look back at your overall career with pride.

Yes, he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, no ill feelings here either.

Best wishes, Jos

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, standerino said:

> Came to the club under difficult circumstances with the team was in freefall. 

> Steadied the ship, turning Nuhui into a goal machine in the process. 

> Didn't have any money to spend other than 500k - a completely different reality to  Carlos’.

> Introduced youngsters into the first team - something we’re not used to seeing

Obviously things haven’t worked out, but some of the petty name-calling has been unfair e.g. ‘Jos the dross’.

All the best Jos. 

Thanks also Jos.      For leaving.   YES

I thought it would work out, we finished so well last season, seemed to turn Nuhiu into a goal machine, and we had a decentish start this season...

Matias and Forestieri getting injured seemed to absolutely ruin it for him, and wasn't able to get results back on track.

Wish him all the best...

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Right decision he had to go , makes me laugh all those now sticking up for him , where were you all when he was getting ripped to bits , 

Getting shot down by all the Jos haters. This site as turned toxic, but we aint done yet. Lets wait to see how this chairman deals with it and who he appoints next. Why didnt you mention the slating whilst JL was here, where was you . Or wait, you weren't gloating was you. Why don't you move on pal but be very careful who you wish for. We wouldn't want you gloating again, would we.