THANK YOU JOS

Just now, standerino said:

> Came to the club under difficult circumstances with the team was in freefall. 

> Steadied the ship, turning Nuhui into a goal machine in the process. 

> Didn't have any money to spend other than 500k - a completely different reality to  Carlos’.

> Introduced youngsters into the first team - something we’re not used to seeing

Obviously things haven’t worked out, but some of the petty name-calling has been unfair e.g. ‘Jos the dross’.

All the best Jos. 

Are you joking??.... worst manager ever ... and highly paid to o........totally out of his depth.....upset our better player and replaced them with youngsters who weren’t ready .... atmosphere at hillsborough was toxic ...fans fighting among themselves...............good riddance jos

I am disappointed it didnt work.

I don’t hate Jos and feel no ill-feeling towards him.

I believe he tried his best which sadly was below what was expected.

Enjoy your retirement Jos. Overall you can look back at your overall career with pride.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Are you joking??.... worst manager ever ... and highly paid to o........totally out of his depth.....upset our better player and replaced them with youngsters who weren’t ready .... atmosphere at hillsborough was toxic ...fans fighting among themselves...............good riddance jos

He's got to be a wind up merchant without original material. No fightback to comments. Topic needs closing. 

It’s hard as I don’t dislike the man,seems to be a nice quiet chap, if lacking a bit of personality. I respect what he’s done with youngsters and what he did last season, but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

the freezing out of players by him, if DC is to be believed, was what really peed me off. There was only one place he was taking us, league one.

This was probably inevitable after last weekends outburst.

While this was probably necessary, I feel really sorry for him. He came in at a difficult time, and quite honestly it got no better for him. Once or twice, we looked quite decent under him, but when confidence drains out of a side it's very difficult to turn things round. Having said that, some of the players need to take responsibility as well. I wish Jos success whatever he does next, and it would be nice if - assuming he has gone - people could lay off him for a bit.

His replacement, whoever that may be, has a tough job. If the rumours are true and it's Steve Bruce, we could do a lot worse.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters

24 minutes ago, standerino said:

> Came to the club under difficult circumstances with the team was in freefall. 

> Steadied the ship, turning Nuhui into a goal machine in the process. 

> Didn't have any money to spend other than 500k - a completely different reality to  Carlos’.

> Introduced youngsters into the first team - something we’re not used to seeing

Obviously things haven’t worked out, but some of the petty name-calling has been unfair e.g. ‘Jos the dross’.

All the best Jos. 

His football was dross! Im afraid

Just now, Ironman said:

It’s hard as I don’t dislike the man,seems to be a nice quiet chap, if lacking a bit of personality. I respect what he’s done with youngsters and what he did last season, but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

the freezing out of players by him, if DC is to be believed, was what really peed me off. There was only one place he was taking us, league one.

Same here. His constant messing about with tactics and players was obviously going to affect consistency.

He needed to go but i'm sorry for him that it ended like it did.Would have been better to let him go a few weeks ago.