Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence to be caretaker managers until Steve Bruce is ready

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Bizarre way to run a club.

The thing is, people have slated Chansiri for being obstinate.  He now listens and acts, yet some still find fault.  

Maybe if we'd not been considerate, or just waited, Bruce could have been snapped up elsewhere...then I'm sure this site would be full of fans being outraged about us not being decisive enough to get him!

5 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Actually, if this is true, I don't think it's that strange at all.

First thing- if DC wants Bruce then hes handling the situation superbly in letting him have the time he feels he needs. Bringing in a competent backroom team with a fresh pair of eyes (or two( is way better than just leaving it to Bullen and Nicky Weaver.

Secondly, the supposed sale. We're no more for sale now than we were before the forum. You don't just decide to sell up during a fans forum when you've invested £100m. Even DC is not that unconventional.

If this is true it's way above my expectations.

handling anything superbly doesn't ring true- I still expect some doyen coach from Cypriot 3rd division

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Have you watched villa recently? Hutton is putting in some top performances.

That's cos he's a top player is Hutton. And shows how much some of our fans know about football. When we were by all accounts set to sign him a couple of years ago a certain section of posters on here were an embarrassment with their views of him.

Edited by s29wfc

52 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

That's cos he's a top player is Hutton. And shows how much some of our fans know about football. When we were by all accounts set to sign him a couple of years ago a certain section of posters on here were an embarrassment with their views of him.

Fulham were playing on him in last years play off final, they knew he was the weak link. Hutton was a good player, lost his pace now.

18 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Not a fan of Brucie,nor do I think its a good fit,but a change was needed,and the guy has a good history in this division,the defence needs a good sort out,hopefully he can address that problem and move us foreward if hes the one we appoint

Yes but many have complained about the style of football, even when we finished 4th. What do you think it will like under Bruce.

Edited by Wakefield owl