DeeJayOne

Steve Bruce offered £2million to take over Sheffield Wednesday top job

25 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Snodgrass too

That would be amusing if only to listen to him trying to build bridges

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Might not work first time and he won’t be everyone’s first choice appointment but I would imagine Bruce will change a few of our policy’s for the better. This slap dash recruitment, freezing out of players will stop he will be a lot more involved than just being a yes man. A different type of manager and one who’s had success in this league on more than one occasion 

I think this will be a good appointment even if it’s feels like we do t see the benefit and the next manager after does 

we need to get behind this there’s been a massive doom and gloom this season and  this could set us up nicely lift the spirits get the lads playing again 

I think we will be too far off a play off push but a couple of wheels and deals even on loan to get freshen up the squad and a busy summer I’m guessing more outs than in and we could, could, and I say could be all right and challenging back in for those playoffs again next year 

I’ve hated Bruce since those late goals in the early nineties, but if he comes in he and the team have my support as have all previous managers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Smoke screen for Carlos. Welcome back to swfc Carlos.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sorry, but a bizarre way to run a club.

Are you selling or not  DC ? Are we skint or not ?

It's almost like you are making it up as you go along.

DC can do no right for some. You wanted Jos out - what does it matter if he would sell the club or not ?? Give the guy a break ! He stuck his neck out and by the looks of it is seriously looking for a manager in the pay bracket that may get what we want ?? At what point do we say well done DC, think you got this one right !

• Agree 3

but the answer is he will sell like any chairman for the right money !! No DC is not skint he loaded. As for making it up, its all reactionary at the mo. I hoping he looking to be proactive now.

I just hope we continue with the 'Plan' of replacing ageing and injury prone players with young, fit and hungry players, and not go down the well worn road of buying ageing, oops sorry, experienced players.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I just hope we continue with the 'Plan' of replacing ageing and injury prone players with young, fit and hungry players, and not go down the well worn road of buying ageing, oops sorry, experienced players.

As long as they are ready and good enough I hope so too.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

How can we afford 2 million with the FFP situation. 

Don't worry, it's not paid in actual cash, he's just going to get Hooper's executive box when that contract expires in the summer. Isn't that about the going rate these days?

:Chansiri:

Not sure about Bruce had better strikers at Villa than what we have and didn't utilise them properly so god knows what style of football he's gonna play but can't  be worse than Jos's.........can it.

Could Bruce look at his previous signinga for Villa? 

Henri Lansbury. 1 game this season. 8 minutes.

Scott Hogan. 5 gamea. 60 minutes

James Bree. 3 games. 127 mins

30 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

DC can do no right for some. You wanted Jos out - what does it matter if he would sell the club or not ?? Give the guy a break ! He stuck his neck out and by the looks of it is seriously looking for a manager in the pay bracket that may get what we want ?? At what point do we say well done DC, think you got this one right !

Er, when he gets it right ! 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

Er, when he gets it right ! 

so you think Jos should not have been sacked ??????? Errrr give us a clue what the hell should DC have done. It really dosnt matter because to many simpletons will find fault in any of his decisions even when they is no fault to be found !!! As proven by the above response.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

What an appointment this would be. A real proven championship manager who really knows how to work in the Championship market. I’ve given Chansiri some grief this week but this would be a fantastic move. 

• Agree 5

I don't blame DC if he wanted to sell up. We have far to many people who only interested in supporting the club when the going is good. When its not so good they become high and mighty voicing over social media about every decision thats been made in the past with the massive benefit of hindsight. We should be happy our chairman loaded and wants what most of us want (promotion) and is willing to spend. People wanting him out just because he has made honest mistakes which even he has admitted want to be very careful what they wish for. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Bruce seen, not at Whirlowdale looking for a home but seen on Ronaldo's abs.

Du9rr_QX4AEHgLs.jpg

Bizarre 

Assuming its Bruce I wonder what targets he has been given.

Promotion anytime soon looks very difficult with current constriants.

Steve Bruce, he’s got a big fat head, he’s got a big fat head....he’s also got the best win percentage Hillsborough will have seen in recent history

I think I'll keep my powder dry until he signs on the dotted.