Steve Bruce offered £2million to take over Sheffield Wednesday top job

58 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Just thinking does a manager have to be paid by the club, could he not be paid a small amount then another company pays him for "consultancy" as a way round ffp and wages.

If it is Bruce , it seems the penny has finally dropped with DC , and he has realised appointing out of work , obscure foreign managers with no experience of English football isnt working. 

Lets be honest , Bruce is a complete change of policy from DC . 

Might not work first time and he won’t be everyone’s first choice appointment but I would imagine Bruce will change a few of our policy’s for the better. This slap dash recruitment, freezing out of players will stop he will be a lot more involved than just being a yes man. A different type of manager and one who’s had success in this league on more than one occasion 

I think this will be a good appointment even if it’s feels like we do t see the benefit and the next manager after does 

we need to get behind this there’s been a massive doom and gloom this season and  this could set us up nicely lift the spirits get the lads playing again 

I think we will be too far off a play off push but a couple of wheels and deals even on loan to get freshen up the squad and a busy summer I’m guessing more outs than in and we could, could, and I say could be all right and challenging back in for those playoffs again next year 

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. Why not?

He's been offered more than he got paid at Villa. He certainly won't be short of a bob or two.

£1 million a year now or £2 million if you defer it?

Or upon promotion to the Premier League with a big fat bonus.

Edited by lanzaroteowl

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Might not work first time and he won’t be everyone’s first choice appointment but I would imagine Bruce will change a few of our policy’s for the better. This slap dash recruitment, freezing out of players will stop he will be a lot more involved than just being a yes man. A different type of manager and one who’s had success in this league on more than one occasion 

I think this will be a good appointment even if it’s feels like we do t see the benefit and the next manager after does 

we need to get behind this there’s been a massive doom and gloom this season and  this could set us up nicely lift the spirits get the lads playing again 

I think we will be too far off a play off push but a couple of wheels and deals even on loan to get freshen up the squad and a busy summer I’m guessing more outs than in and we could, could, and I say could be all right and challenging back in for those playoffs again next year 

I’ve hated Bruce since those late goals in the early nineties, but if he comes in he and the team have my support as have all previous managers. 

• Like 1