Jos Gone ?

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Also he was a centre half..and a good one...so I reckon such as Van aken, Lees etc will get some good advice...and he took pens for Man utd...

I'm rolling all the positives out here....

Listen it’s not a science - lots of positives for Bruce and negatives.

Just worried about us chucking money at it. 

And, Bruce, surely will want funds?

I suspect he’ll get his mates jobs on a promise - then tell us to get stuffed.

lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

If true, it's the best we can hope for. I know his spell at Villa went a bit boobies up, but the bloke has four promotions to his name.

Compared to the last couple he is over qualified.

And surely he is a much better option than another unknown by care of advisers.

Assuming they haven't had a say in this.... My hope is he said, err Mr Adviser...STFU...I ain't listening anymore

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Listen it’s not a science - lots of positives for Bruce and negatives.

Just worried about us chucking money at it. 

And, Bruce, surely will want funds?

I suspect he’ll get his mates jobs on a promise - then tell us to get stuffed.

lol

Unless of course he wats to prove Villa wrong, sorta..Look at me I can do it on a shoestring...

Its a bit of a worry where the 2 mill is coming from though...does it affect FFP?...does it depend on how its paid..Can you actually pay it in cheesecake etc

If it's Bruce I think it's as good as we could hope for. Strong character, excellent player in his day, knows the division, and will have contacts. We need settling down, stability, and some straight forward talking.  Be interesting to see who is now available for selection.

Just now, mcmigo said:

Bruce would be a wretched choice, but I don’t think it will happen. Bruce signs old timers for big money and plays painful football with little style or creativity.  He will be no better than Jos.

Who’s your choice ?   Jokanovic aside ... because he won’t come here , and was asked 

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Bruce would be a wretched choice, but I don’t think it will happen. Bruce signs old timers for big money and plays painful football with little style or creativity.  He will be no better than Jos.

I disagree. He would command respect, he would settle things down and he would lift the dark clouds.

Long term, not too sure, but for now. Yes please.

3 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I’d be surprised if he hasn’t gone after Wednesday night. Hoping not to see him in the dugout tomorrow. If he’s in tech area windmilling I’ll be gutted.

I would like to know how they prized him of the bench lol 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who’s your choice ?   Jokanovic aside ... because he won’t come here , and was asked 

Dennis Bergkamp with Loovens as assistant.

Loovens knows the club, massively respected in dressing room and not in sunderland team.

we would be a great first job for Bergkamp now he has left Ajax. Would be incredible for players.