Jos skips press conference

11 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Just think he has been dealt a bad hand, not been able to bring his own players in and should be given that opportunity, even though I don't think he will do until this summer when a lot of big earners leave. Also, I am not sure a new manager would help us. Maybe in the short term due to a new manager, but they will still have the same squad and come March/April time we could be on a similar run to what we are on now. We have an easy run on paper coming up after the festive period and if we are in the same position as we are in after this run, say mid to late February, then he should go and attempt the get this run of games a new manager usually gives you to prevent the threat of going down. Maybe if this bad run continues I may think he should go (I was starting to think this against Rotherham and may even change my mind tomorrow), but for now I think we just need to ride out this season, hiope we don't get dragged too near the bottom 3 and see what Jos can do bringing in his own players. I am not saying he will be great next season though, but he should be given a chance. Wagner is a good example to compare against.. Huddersfield didn't really do much when he first came in. He brought in his own players over the summer and they got in the playoffs with a team sheet quite different to the year before. Even look at his best mate Klopp, who has changed most of his team since he first came in.

I'm not sure I'd trust a manager to buy players when after almost a year in the job he still doesn't know his best team or even formation from the players he already has at his disposal, and stubbornly freezes out experienced players who'd improve a struggling squad as well as one of the three players he brought in.  We've had an "easy" run on paper for at least half of the 10 games he's just got 5 points from.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

Obvious why he has not been sacked.

No point sacking a manager whose contract is up on January 8.

Let him see out the contract and then say thanks, but bye-bye.

Costs the club nothing.

If his contract does end on 8th Jan, he can just be put on paid "gardening leave" until then at no extra cost

• Haha 1

Just now, alanharper said:

He always looks and sounds like he's just had bad personal news.

I'm not surprised!! Being told your shat everyday is enough to make people suicidal but for some reason lots of people find that acceptable! This pitch fork attitude is awful. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

I'm not surprised!! Being told your shat everyday is enough to make people suicidal but for some reason lots of people find that acceptable! This pitch fork attitude is awful. 

Fortunately that's Owlstalk, not necessarily the fanbase attitude.

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'm not sure I'd trust a manager to buy players when after almost a year in the job he still doesn't know his best team or even formation from the players he already has at his disposal, and stubbornly freezes out experienced players who'd improve a struggling squad as well as one of the three players he brought in.  We've had an "easy" run on paper for at least half of the 10 games he's just got 5 points from.

Fully understand everyone's concerns. Just giving my take on it. Plus noone really needs to convince me to get a big majority wanting him out. If he's out now, so be it. I'm not calling for his head just yet.

However don't agree that we've had an easy run the last 10 games. 4 of the top 6, 3 of them being at home. Only 2 of the bottom 11 we have played in that time. Yes we should be doing better, even with the teams we have played, but easy on paper it hasn't been.

22 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Reading your posts, past & present, I believe that you are the type of person who is only happy when you have something to moan about.

Hey! fella. You should be over the moon now that Mr Chansiri is on the way out.

I am, I am absolutely delighted Chansiri is going and hopefully we will get taken over by someone who can actually run a football club, take a look at Leeds fortunes since that mad Italian left for a perfect example.

As for reading my posts ...Cant say I notice any of yours if im honest :Pelupessy:

4 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Fortunately that's Owlstalk, not necessarily the fanbase attitude.

Really? So we must all be imagining the calls for jos out during games, at the fans forum and across the whole of social media. 

It's just the people of owlstalk.

Have a word with yourself 

37 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I think this will be a club decision, the vultures are out and it's better to send Bullen out to meet the press. 

Jos needs to get his players to do the talking on the pitch tomorrow and I couldn't care less if someone else answers the questions in the press conference. We never learn anything telling from them anyway. 

There are plenty of sticks to beat the club with already and we don't need another one. 

He’s got to face us tomorrow

He is a cowardly dwarf who you wouldn’t want as your gaffer

give him hell till he walks or is pushed

we deserve better than that turgid football we are getting for no little expense