That's why Jos is still Manager!

The club is on the market, so no point in sacking the manager as potential new owners will want their own man. 

Negotiation probably going on behind scenes and that's why Jos keeps saying he doesn't know when pressed about such things. 

It seems a poisonous culture came about in the dressing room under Carlos reign when he kept playing the old guard, even when they were looking stale/tired. Then Jos arrived and has gone the polar opposite. 

I hope Jos has a change of heart over Christmas and decides those players have learned their lesson and will only get picked if they perform well. 

Uto

Wtid

Wawaw

Just now, SolihullOwl79 said:

The club is on the market, so no point in sacking the manager as potential new owners will want their own man. 

Negotiation probably going on behind scenes and that's why Jos keeps saying he doesn't know when pressed about such things. 

It seems a poisonous culture came about in the dressing room under Carlos reign when he kept playing the old guard, even when they were looking stale/tired. Then Jos arrived and has gone the polar opposite. 

I hope Jos has a change of heart over Christmas and decides those players have learned their lesson and will only get picked if they perform well. 

Uto

Wtid

Wawaw

Then everyone would say Chansiri was picking the team....can’t believe a word etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Jos hasn’t been sacked because DC was trying to sort FFP before January 

He will be gone by end of Jan 

That's plausible, he may just be waiting until after Christmas. Allow a few big names to go, release a couple of others and let a new manager spend a bit to buy 2-3 players that can add a spine to the team. 

1 minute ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

That's plausible, he may just be waiting until after Christmas. Allow a few big names to go, release a couple of others and let a new manager spend a bit to buy 2-3 players that can add a spine to the team. 

There ain’t gonna be no spending now fella 

Just now, Mycroft said:

He's gonna be a manager for a long time then, fans hoping for a takeover of the club are gonna be bitterly disappointed.  Would you buy a club whose fans are so against anything the club tries to do?

Some fans might be preening themselves thinking they have won this battle but who's gonna win the war?

Reyt post 

15 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Uto

Wtid

Wawaw

I understand he’s not playing them because they are out of contract soon, pointless playing them and then then leaving, we will only have this team then anyway because we can’t buy anybody, so better stick with now and let them get on with it as next year it’s all down to them anyway 

4 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Think we should let Jos go and have a guest manager each week.

A bit like when Angus Deaton left 'Have I got news for you'

Couldn't do an awful lot worse than Jos and seeing as Managers are like water melons, we can 'try before we buy'

If they do well they get paid and have the option of another week.

If they don't do so well we can make them eat witchety grubs and publicly flog them outside the megastore.

lol

I like that - a rolling weekly contract. Fans could assess the performance and the average mark would have to be over 7 to keep him in a job.

image.jpeg.85884174d694580dae04871c2cf8787e.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He's gonna be a manager for a long time then, fans hoping for a takeover of the club are gonna be bitterly disappointed.  Would you buy a club whose fans are so against anything the club tries to do?

Some fans might be preening themselves thinking they have won this battle but who's gonna win the war?

Chansiri never said Jos was unsackable and we'll stick with him whatever results over next few weeks. 

Just now, bradowl said:

Me too, also got a feeling Boyd, Westwood and Hutchinson might be in squad.

I hope so but would be very surprised. Perhaps DC has given Jos an ultimatum and been told to bring some of the frozen out players back. (Obviously apart from Abdi though!)

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

They could be the difference between being a Championship side next season and a league one side. 

But say they do keep us up, then we turn to the ones that remain and say well now you have to do it all yourselves with no one to help you this time, they keep us up this year and they kick on as a unit next year maybe that’s the way of thinking