Shine a light protest

12 hours ago, The Claw said:

TURN UP AND SUPPORT THE CLUB - who was at the last match when it looked like we were going into the fourth division - ME - were you? turn up support or don't bother and when their successful don't come back and pinch my seat!

Anyone who has followed Wednesday for even longer than that will remember the Yo-Yo years, and has seen quite a lot of the crap we are seeing today, before. We are not, and have not in my 70+ years of watching Wed ,been the truly 'great' club  we like to see ourselves as. This is not to excuse today's football, but to emphasise that things could be worse.And unfortunately, a saying posted on a mate's office wall is quite true -

THEY SAID TO ME , SMILE, FOR THINGS COULD GET WORSE.

SO I SMILED, AND LO! THINGS DID GET WORSE.

It will not stop me from going on Sat and suffering again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

I will be turning on the torch on my iPhone in the 60th minute this Saturday.

Boycotting games doesn't work. Vocal chants don't work. Visual banners don't work.

However, a glorious lightshow will be seen around the world as our message of disapproval to Chansiri.

Why the 60th minute? Well, I couldn't think of a symbolic number and that's when people start to leave nowadays so why not.

Who's with me? 

Let's get it trending #WednesdayLightShow

Do You See The Light GIF - DoYouSeeTheLight GIFs

• Haha 1

Puts me in mind of: The two chimps from Madagascar, “Of course we’re going to throw poo at them!”

Might be a better idea than shining a light...or we could Spoonerise it...’lining a shight!

That shounds a bit Schteve  MacLaren...( beats rapid retreat to coat rack):ph34r:

13 hours ago, The Claw said:

TURN UP AND SUPPORT THE CLUB - who was at the last match when it looked like we were going into the fourth division - ME - were you? turn up support or don't bother and when their successful don't come back and pinch my seat!

Couldn't agree more. I was there as well mate. a nervous 2-1 win over Southend. Big Mick Prendergast snatched the winner. And it felt like we'd won the cup. Many on here now have no idea about how low we have been in the past.

13 hours ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

That's what I'm saying. Don't boycott like some have said. Turn up and support but you can still send a message.

As for your 4th division comment, that's exactly where it looks like were heading.

And to be fair if you were there back then you might be better bringing an actual torch because I reckon your Nokia 3310 won't have a light.

You have got a learn young man. Not been following the Owls for long enough I reckon. I was there that day, and yes, mobiles had not even been invented, but we supported the team to the brink of Division 4.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

A glorious light show ... whilst it’s still light

Sunset time on Saturday is 15:49 so at 60 mins of the match it will be roughly 16:15 and be reasonably dark. 

Having said that I'm not joining in. 

22 hours ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

Boycotting games doesn't work. Vocal chants don't work. Visual banners don't work.

However, a glorious lightshow will be seen around the world as our message of disapproval to Chansiri.

Why the 60th minute? Well, I couldn't think of a symbolic number and that's when people start to leave nowadays so why not.

Who's with me? 

why?

52 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Light show-be like some 1980’s soft rock concert. Kids, please be careful with your fag lighters around fellow fan’s mullets. No one wants an Michael Jackson or Tom Jones before Christmas. This could be quiet apt music before the match:

Back in the day, one of the bands you could guarantee to put on a great performance - if only the Owls could do that now.

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2018 at 08:48, grOWLerInAThermos said:

Who's with me? 

mmmm! to neg or laugh at, decisions, decisions.