Shine a light protest

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Can't tell if the original post is sarcasm or not lol

I can tell you it wasn't... and that's straight from the grOWLers mouth.

The 60th minute comment was a bit tongue in cheek (although not that far from the truth) but the proposal is a serious one.

However, it seems I've misjudged the mood on this board, not surprising given its demographics. I'll take it to the cool kids on tweeter as I think they'll be up for it. #WednesdayLightShow

We need to make a stand against what's happening at our great club and a Hillsborough light show always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It would be a beautiful sight and send a message to the powers that be. Sky sports would be all over it.

25 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Could someone turn up with one of those super torches (power of a million candles) and shine it at the sky - hopefully Batman or Superman turns up to raise us out of this absolute shitstorm

Barry Batman

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
11 minutes ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

I can tell you it wasn't... and that's straight from the grOWLers mouth.

The 60th minute comment was a bit tongue in cheek (although not that far from the truth) but the proposal is a serious one.

However, it seems I've misjudged the mood on this board, not surprising given its demographics. I'll take it to the cool kids on tweeter as I think they'll be up for it. #WednesdayLightShow

We need to make a stand against what's happening at our great club and a Hillsborough light show always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It would be a beautiful sight and send a message to the powers that be. Sky sports would be all over it.

I'm really not sure what message it would send, it does not seem much of a protest.

Well the protests have worked well so far.  They have failed to remove Jos from his position, but have pushed the Chairman to say he will put the club up for sale.  I would hazard a guess that there will not be many takers at the Chairman's valuation of our club, and would also guess that he will cease pumping good money into it, so look forward to a long period of stagnation, no investment, no new manager, no new players.  Well done all.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

I will be turning on the torch on my iPhone in the 60th minute this Saturday.

Boycotting games doesn't work. Vocal chants don't work. Visual banners don't work.

However, a glorious lightshow will be seen around the world as our message of disapproval to Chansiri.

Why the 60th minute? Well, I couldn't think of a symbolic number and that's when people start to leave nowadays so why not.

Who's with me? 

Let's get it trending #WednesdayLightShow

That sounds Wánk lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

Boycotting games doesn't work. Vocal chants don't work. Visual banners don't work.

However, a glorious lightshow will be seen around the world as our message of disapproval to Chansiri.

Why the 60th minute? Well, I couldn't think of a symbolic number and that's when people start to leave nowadays so why not.

Who's with me? 

I would join in but I need a new phone and using the torch would drain my battery. I'll look out for you tho. :biggrin:

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

That's what I'm saying. Don't boycott like some have said. Turn up and support but you can still send a message.

As for your 4th division comment, that's exactly where it looks like were heading.

And to be fair if you were there back then you might be better bringing an actual torch because I reckon your Nokia 3310 won't have a light.

you are a plonker little boy

2 hours ago, grOWLerInAThermos said:

Who's with me? 

If this lunatic idea was to take off, surely you could do it on the 18th and 67th minute.   :luhukay:

• Haha 1