Reflecting on last nights madness....

9 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

We're you present Lee?

Nope - I am in Cyprus making my arthritic knees and back happy, my thoughts were mainly based off of the Dom Howson live blog and the clubs twitter feed which I reviewed the following morning. Its also telling how little was covered by the clubs own twitter feed, that is a sure sign that most of what went down was uncomfortable for the club to have out there. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Nope - I am in Cyprus making my arthritic knees and back happy, my thoughts were mainly based off of the Dom Howson live blog and the clubs twitter feed which I reviewed the following morning. Its also telling how little was covered by the clubs own twitter feed, that is a sure sign that most of what went down was uncomfortable for the club to have out there. 

I think it's fair to say it took off on a "Trumpesque" tangent. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when KM got home.....I reckon her other halves ears are still ringing now. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, katie melua said:

Advice from the person that had us at the high court?

Advice from the person that played a part in us nearly not having a football club to support at all???

Yep definitely cracking logic!!!

Foolish missinformed post....but not surprising as it comes from someone who belives the Parliamentary vote should be lowered to 13 year olds. (on reflection, maybe the poster is 13 years old)       WTF:

There’s no logic to running a football club, the likes of Alan Sugar couldn’t make head nor tail of it, Dave Allen tried twice and failed. Say what you like about McCabe, he has made a small fortune out of the blunts, whilst looking down at our lowly position. There’s no qualification for running a football club, you find out the hard way, however I reckon that extroverts do better than introverts, my fear is that DC will just sell to the highest bidder irrespective of their capabilities, and I don’t expect a quick sale.

Opposite to my usual optimism I hold fears that the club is in for a torrid time, what we really need is a Man City type of takeover, and there aren’t many of them around, everything crossed that I am wrong.

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

I think it's fair to say it took off on a "Trumpesque" tangent. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when KM got home.....I reckon her other halves ears are still ringing now. 

Chansiri reduced Abdi's value by £2 million with that phrase.

No wonder KM was desperate as she may have had a mug buyer lined up.  

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2018 at 08:43, Lee Strafford said:

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

Lee, I think you should step in and run the club again.

Weekly podcasts, photos of you on the website, treading the boardroom carpet in your stocking feet, on pitch requests to buy season tickets, etc..., It would be like to good old days.

I for one am looking forward to the Owlstalk boardroom section becoming busier than the matchday section. We need a pied piper to harness the support of teenagers and to oust the ‘fudders’

I am certainly going to start a consortium to buy the club. Maybe DC will sell it in instalments in the same way he bought it. £10 a week would be my proposal.

who is backing me?

40 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Chansiri reduced Abdi's value by £2 million with that phrase.

No wonder KM was desperate as she may have had a mug buyer lined up.  

He has no value ....... he is fookked 

I was going to say retirement next but he retired 3 years ago 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Still think he's a bit overpriced.

:duntmatter:

I fully expect him to take legal action for defamation of character so he may get more expensive yet.....  

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It'd be a massive shame if such a club legend were to take such action against the club.

It would really tarnish his legacy.

To be fair, I think he'd have a job proving his employment.

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2018 at 08:43, Lee Strafford said:

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

I wasn't at the meeting so, like you,  I can only comment on what others report but 3 things stand out

1. Dodgy Signings - we made some poor signings, spent alot of money, increased the squad without improving the quality, fair enough. But when you look at the pedgree of Jones, Boyd, Abdi and to a certain extent Rhodes - you can be forgiven at the time in thinking that they had enough to just push us over the line because of the strength in depth of the squad. Sadly not.

2. Apparently he said Abdi was disrespecting the club - you can't really slant that to mean he was disrespecting him personally. Having said that if Mr C, who no doubt is funding Abdi's wages, feels he is ripping him off and taking the p*ss, then you can understand his anger.

3. Hoping the FFP rules change and then getting us promoted - well the only way he can do this is by writing off his losses and throwing another bundle of cash at it.  Personally, I can't see that happening.

I don't know where we go from here.

We're not exactly  an attractive buy -

Aging squad that needs paying off,

As much as a love the place we have an aging ground that needs money spending on it

And every year that goes by we fall further and further behind the Prem.

The only thing we do have is a pretty good fan base - I reckon gates of 30 / 35,000 plus if we were in the Prem.

On 20/12/2018 at 08:54, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

I get why you wouldnt want to be involved. We have too many idiots that think its acceptable to be rude and obnoxious.

Hope your autistic son is doing well, Lee also.

17 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I get why you wouldnt want to be involved. We have too many idiots that think its acceptable to be rude and obnoxious.

Hope your autistic son is doing well, Lee also.

He's been doing great this past couple of years thanks - took him a couple of years to get over the negativity he faced in primary school in 2009 / 2010.....

6 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Opposite to my usual optimism I hold fears that the club is in for a torrid time, what we really need is a Man City type of takeover, and there aren’t many of them around, everything crossed that I am wrong.

I'm sure every club hopes to have a man city type takeover.