Reflecting on last nights madness....

3 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

He desperately needs some advice from someone that knows what they are doing. He is so stubborn that he would never imo do this. He is going to kill this club. 

16 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Thanks for some useful insight Lee. 

Not sure why any Wednesday fan would choose to have a pop at someone who tried their best to help his football club.

Guess it’s the way of the world. 

Someting IS rotten in the state of Denmark. 

Irony alert

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Thanks for some useful insight Lee. 

Not sure why any Wednesday fan would choose to have a pop at someone who tried their best to help his football club.

Guess it’s the way of the world. 

Someting IS rotten in the state of Denmark. 

Tbf, they can try their absolute best, but if they're not doing a particularly good job, then people are going to "have a pop". 

I'm pretty sure that Chansiri has tried his best to make things successful and yet (judging by this thread and many, many others) people are more than happy to "have a pop". 

Welcome to the world of football. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

I'm pretty sure that Chansiri has tried his best to make things successful and yet (judging by this thread and many, many others) people are more than happy to "have a pop". 

He was still a god a few months back when many were putting their faith in 'Mr Chansiri',

Quite a few of us have posted 'be careful what you wish for' posts about what might happen when it all goes boobies up yet we got flamed at the time.

DC spent many millions of his own money and consdiderably more than that other great here Milan, yet somehow he is now the evil villain. Well he wasn't a god when he came and he's not the devil now, but some people can only see things in black and white.

If an owner spunks millions on players, he gets to call the shots. The realtively small extra contribution made by the fans doesn't give you a seat at the table and that was obvious from the outset.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ian_D said:

I don't think it's attacking as such. It's more an informed opinion of the state of the situation as he sees it and he does also offer his advice along with his observations. That's my opinion anyways. 

I don't read every post on here, but every LS post I read on here going back the last year or so seems to be a pop at Dejphon's running of the club, no other posts. Just jump in, post something negative, get a few back slaps from members here for what he tried to do when he was our chairmen then buggers off again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

No, I'm fairly sure Hirst moved to Doyen, maybe with his father. I'm not sure. 

Doyen has the job of looking after its clients i.e the footballers it represents. At least 4 years ago, I was told by David Hurst himself, in front of a table of 10 people and at Hillsborough on a match day, that, when asked WHEN  George  would be signing professional, said "He won't . Not if I have my way."

As for DC's statement that the supporters contribution is 'immaterial' or doesn't matter, or words similar,is quite right. It's only recently that a table was published showing 'All Championship teams made a loss before the addition of broadcasting rights'. Thus, fans' contributions, while large, are not so in the grand scheme of things.  

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

You do know who George Hirsts agents are right?

I do, but what is it your suggesting ? is it that DC’s doyen advisors advised DC to let them move Hirst to Belgium for peanuts ? 

6 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

For me DC can partly rescue the situation by doing two simple things;

1. Sack Jos and bring someone in who knows the championship and English football.

2. Bring in a director of football who knows the English game.

These two along with other coaches / scouts (Who report to the manager / DOF) should be his only advisors when making footballing decisions.

Looks like his stubbornness will not allow this to happen! 

Dare I say.. we could do with someone like... oh ... maybe.. Stuart Gray..

We need to reconsolidate.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

is it that DC’s doyen advisors advised DC to let them move Hirst to Belgium for peanuts ?

How could he stop them?...How could he stop him going for peanuts.

Suppose he could have made him an offer he couldn't refuse....just as FFP got their teeth into us.

DC made him a good offer

What do think his agent said...tell em to balllax, so he did

Because they 'advise' our chairman does not mean they have the clubs interest at heart, its how they operate and why they have such a poor reputation and why they change their name every 10 mins

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

How could he stop them?...How could he stop him going for peanuts.

Suppose he could have made him an offer he couldn't refuse....just as FFP got their teeth into us.

DC made him a good offer

What do think his agent said...tell em to balllax, so he did

Because they 'advise' our chairman does not mean they have the clubs interest at heart, its how they operate and why they have such a poor reputation and why they change their name every 10 mins

It wasn’t his agent that told him to turn it down 

9 hours ago, pingybop said:

Last night sounded scary from afar. Although we can all agree much does get lost/misinterpreted/inflated when being relayed - it’s obvious what the mood of the evening was.

I recieved a text this morning from a follow fan, the main element being ‘fans should be careful what they wish for’. I know what I wish for, and it ain’t the club being run as it is now - so IF DC has indeed had enough and is to sound out buyers, I won’t be upset. 

We’re a simple bunch really. All most of us want is to be valued and entertained - neither of which DC seems to grasp. So if somebody can come along at some point down the line and provide those two very basic elements - I’m all for it!!

On the Sunderland Netflix show the management have a pre season meeting with the players outlining what Sunderland fans expect as minimum. Wonder if we do the same? 

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It wasn’t his agent that told him to turn it down 

when you have advisers who are also agents representing the  players it's a total conflict of interests . They play  both ends against each other to get as much cash out of it as possible. How Chansiri couldn't see this beggars belief.

His advisers have pulled his pants down many times .

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

when you have advisers who are also agents representing the  players it's a total conflict of interests . They play  both ends against each other to get as much cash out of it as possible. How Chansiri couldn't see this beggars belief.

His advisers have pulled his pants down many times .

Your putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 

I think we all know full well who the major player was in George Hirst leaving this football club, some of us just don’t want to hear it

I’m quite amazed people have suggested LS get involved with running the club again, this isn’t an attack against lee but that was a total disaster last time around, we was a mess and got relegated!He’s not anymore of a football person than what dc is the only difference is he has substantially smaller pot to urinate in. I don’t know why there is a culture to look back with rose coloured glasses on?? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, itsonmyhead said:

I’m quite amazed people have suggested LS get involved with running the club again, this isn’t an attack against lee but that was a total disaster last time around, we was a mess and got relegated!He’s not anymore of a football person than what dc is the only difference is he has substantially smaller pot to urinate in. I don’t know why there is a culture to look back with rose coloured glasses on?? 

not saying he is the answer but would be a better bet than the clowns DC employed to help get us in this mess.