Reflecting on last nights madness....

7 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

I never said the pain inflicted on my family was from the fan base of Wednesdayites......apart from the odd couple of complete loons and a small group of people linked to the caskateers causing all of the said pain, I have never had any problem with the broader base of Wednesdayites.

&

I did not align myself with a football agent with an interesting business model and an interesting set of business practices, there is no comparison, my self-harm was trying to do something and what that visited on my family, DCs self-harm is getting involved alongside an agent who carried on trading as an agent alongside of helping [sic] to run our club.

Last night was best Chansiri PR ever putting us in play and on the market.

So, thanks Lee and others for making him confront cold facts at last.

A quick book value puts club at £18 million now, plus Chansiri also getting all his loans repaid (estimated £50 million).  

Of course, you have to add on footy inflation but even Hobson or Amanda 's clients may be able to do this.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

Cheers pal. Didn’t think you would. For what it’s worth I thought you made a good fist of it in ridiculous circumstances ( and that’s just from what I saw). If you do get the chance to advise the next owners please take the opportunity there was a lot of good stuff mixed in with the poo you ( and it seems anyone running this club) has to take. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prince said:

Isn't that the reason why you invest in anything to get a decent return on the investment? Let not think he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

Did you listen to anything last night at all?

He accepted the only way to make any profit is after maybe 5years in the Prem.

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Did you listen to anything last night at all?

He accepted the only way to make any profit is after maybe 5years in the Prem.

Yes and that's what he was aiming for before his incompetence and stubbornness let him down. 

How can a football club/team function properly without evolving in the right direction led by good, honest, upfront people without an agenda?

Without wheeling and dealing, selling on and buying players at the right time?  This has been a blueprint for as long as I remember.

Without knowing and assessing the monetry and market value of incoming and outgoing players?  At least a handfull every summer to keep things fresh,

We don't need agents advise or input.  We just need good, knowledgable and intelligent people with a sense of direction.

It's not as if the pitfalls and mistakes arn't widely known.  

It seems the desire for money from people leaching on football has negated all this and everthing we thought we knew about running a football club well comes in second.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

Some of us on here have been questioning the involvement of Paxo and Doyen for a long time , but the discussion/ thread is usually closed down . I personally believe Paxo and his cronies have a stronger hold over the club than what we are told.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

The loss of our ‘prized youth’ ?????     Please tell me your not referring to the kid who’s scored 2 goals in Belgium’s 7th tier and a midfielder who firmly looks like a average joe in the SPL ? 

The only thing Chansiri did wrong with George Hirst was not selling him to Leicester in first place

3 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Whats your agenda?

2 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Was with you right up til this bit. As the Chairman said - our contribution covers nowt. 

I assume d he meant that they are consequential to us. Chansiri definately doesn't seem to fully grasp that we don't have money to spend on football regardless of other commitments. 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The loss of our ‘prized youth’ ?????     Please tell me your not referring to the kid who’s scored 2 goals in Belgium’s 7th tier and a midfielder who firmly looks like a average joe in the SPL ? 

The only thing Chansiri did wrong with George Hirst was not selling him to Leicester in first place

While Hirst has not pulled any trees up since leaving, at the time he was a valued asset that a branch of Doyen worked with Leicester to facillitate a move away from us for peanuts and cut us out of any financial recompense. If he has turned out to be good or not is kinda not the point. 

56 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I can’t help but find some of what you say a touch disingenuous and hypocritical.

1) You state, almost as fact, as fact DC doesn’t value the contribution of Owls fans. Having met DC on several occasions I have a completely different opinion. If he’s saying the fans money doesn’t go far in the greater scheme of things, that’s fair comment isn’t it?

2) Dodgy signings. Didn’t you sanction the signings of Darren Purse and Tommy Miller? Both could be described as poor, couldn’t they? I also think the Purse signing indirectly led to our ‘prized youth’ at the time, Richard Wood becoming disgruntled? Hindsight is a great thing, but I’m sure neither you or DC intended to make poor signing?

It feels a bit like you are throwing stones from your glass house.

Cheers

Well...I (plus countless others) can remember getting labelled all sort of things by Mr Strafford during his time here. You know, like criticising the club and how it was been run. Business plans not based in reality and so on. 

Anyone who put forward criticism was labelled a FUDder, having affiliations with the old guard or a blade. 

Whilst I think Chansiri needs to go, I couldn't agree more with the stones in glass houses comment. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think he’s a bit deluded too, and I try and say that with a bit of respect. I’m going to refrain from being too harsh on the man, because strip it all down and he is human and maybe in the past I have been way too critical, and for that I apologise.

But last night he kept saying ‘I won’t damage the club’ or ‘leave it worse off than it was before’. It seems to me like he thinks he swooped in and saved us from the brink of existence. The cold truth is I’d take the Milan days over what we are seeing now every day of the week. He didn’t take a ‘gamble’ to keep us up. We finished comfortable mid table before he started spending. He’s either being dishonest or is quite deluded to say he spent to keep us in the division. It’s quite clear he gambled massively on promotion for two seasons with no back up or safety plan in place.

Very naive and reckless, but I can’t be too critical. I genuinely believe he did it with the right intentions, he wanted to make us happy. 

Its just so sad how it’s turned out for all parties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

While Hirst has not pulled any trees up since leaving, at the time he was a valued asset that a branch of Doyen worked with Leicester to facillitate a move away from us for peanuts and cut us out of any financial recompense. If he has turned out to be good or not is kinda not the point. 

A branch of Doyen ?   His agents and his dad ...       What did you want DC to do to stop that happening ?  Or are you suggesting his advisors advised him to let them pull the wool over his eyes 

For me DC can partly rescue the situation by doing two simple things;

1. Sack Jos and bring someone in who knows the championship and English football.

2. Bring in a director of football who knows the English game.

These two along with other coaches / scouts (Who report to the manager / DOF) should be his only advisors when making footballing decisions.

Looks like his stubbornness will not allow this to happen! 

3 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Please God no.

Can I just say that I’ve met Lee on a couple of occasions, one being at a boardroom dinner.

I’ve never met anyone who has spoken as passionately & at great length about the club that he obviously loves very much. 

He stepped in at a time when no one else would.

your comment is completely unfair.

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Former chairman attacking the current chairman/owner doesn't do anything to help anyone. Maybe it's just me but your comments always feel a little disingenuous.

I don't think it's attacking as such. It's more an informed opinion of the state of the situation as he sees it and he does also offer his advice along with his observations. That's my opinion anyways. 

3 hours ago, pingybop said:

We’re a simple bunch really. All most of us want is to be valued and entertained.

Exactly, look at Rotherham (as a club). Their fans by and large feel included and valued as part of the set up. The really tragic thing is that as a club, it costs very little to achieve this. As Ping says, show you care as much as we do and we will appreciate it.

21 minutes ago, Pacific said:

Can I just say that I’ve met Lee on a couple of occasions, one being at a boardroom dinner.

I’ve never met anyone who has spoken as passionately & at great length about the club that he obviously loves very much. 

He stepped in at a time when no one else would.

your comment is completely unfair.

I can speak passionately and at great length about the club, so can a lot of others ,  doesn’t mean I’m any good at running a football club