Reflecting on last nights madness....

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

Is there any talk of the P&S / FFP rules being relaxed in the summer? 

"we wont go down" was a very worrying comment. We are in a relegation battle and it is shocking that he can not see that. 

3 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Is there any talk of the P&S / FFP rules being relaxed in the summer? 

"we wont go down" was a very worrying comment. We are in a relegation battle and it is shocking that he can not see that. 

Chansiri pinning his hopes on rule changes to get us out of a mess doesn't sound a very good plan to me.

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

That's it go for the humiliation tactic ,that will help.

Edited by akbuk

This was behind my hissy fit outburst “I’m done” post earlier in the week.

We are royally fooked. I know Lee S is holding back for various reasons, but it’s going to get a whole lot worse. There’s dark vampiric forces at work at S6, and they truly saw DC coming. We can all agree on that.

No way DC will get a buyer without taking a substantial hit. 

4 minutes ago, pussface said:

We are royally fooked. I know Lee S is holding back for various reasons, but it’s going to get a whole lot worse. There’s dark vampiric forces at work at S6, and they truly saw DC coming. We can all agree on that.

I know its not my money but think Chansiri should sell up and take a hit.

He has failed to run the club properly and should not be rewarded for that. If we won at Wembley in 2016 he would have trebled his money overnight so dont feel sorry for him at all if he take a big loss. That's the risk he took.

11 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Former chairman attacking the current chairman/owner doesn't do anything to help anyone. Maybe it's just me but your comments always feel a little disingenuous.

Lee is just a fan like me and you.

He is entitled to his opinion too.

Some people just need to let go.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Its a mess a big one.

Lets just hope we can stay up but next season could be a shocker.

Very worrying.

Lets put this into perspective. Its DC's mess (financially) not ours. He will never make money out of this club which I think that is plainly obvious even to the inexperienced.The worse what will happen as a Wednesday supporter, and I say a supporter for those who actually attend games, is that it may be in a lower league. Financially the means sod all to us supporters just a different level of football, it might also be more enjoyable. Its DC who as all the headaches. Football is highs and lows, part of the experience in supporting football teams. Who would want it any other way. Each club as its own problems, the sty with the Prince and McCabe, Man Ure with Mourino, Chesterfield out of the football league etc etc. Its a sodding game which most gain enjoyment from watching. Nothing more nothing less.

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

Without wanting to fall out but you admit to leaving because this very same fan base affected your family so why cant Chansiri be down about this aswell?

If you had Chansiri money do I think you would have done a better job possibly but you don't have and to have a go at a man who doesn't feel appreciated is like rolling back the years and criticizing yourself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pussface said:

Genuinely. 

Welcome back. :biggrin:

However I should warn you it's no less bonkers on here than when you left. 

Edited by Rev Owl

11 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Without wanting to fall out but you admit to leaving because this very same fan base affected your family so why cant Chansiri be down about this aswell?

If you had Chansiri money do I think you would have done a better job possibly but you don't have and to have a go at a man who doesn't feel appreciated is like rolling back the years and criticizing yourself.

I never said the pain inflicted on my family was from the fan base of Wednesdayites......apart from the odd couple of complete loons and a small group of people linked to the caskateers causing all of the said pain, I have never had any problem with the broader base of Wednesdayites.

&

I did not align myself with a football agent with an interesting business model and an interesting set of business practices, there is no comparison, my self-harm was trying to do something and what that visited on my family, DCs self-harm is getting involved alongside an agent who carried on trading as an agent alongside of helping [sic] to run our club.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

I never said the pain inflicted on my family was from the fan base of Wednesdayites......apart from the odd couple of complete loons and a small group of people linked to the caskateers causing all of the said pain, I have never had any problem with the broader base of Wednesdayites.

&

I did not align myself with a football agent with an interesting business model and an interesting set of business practices, there is no comparison, my self-harm was trying to do something and what that visited on my family, DCs self-harm is getting involved alongside an agent who carried on trading as an agent alongside of helping [sic] to run our club.

Do you not feel that the group of loons has grown at a ridiculous level though due to the increase in social media and being able to hide behind a username?

If I'd thrown millions at us I'd be a bit pissed off that all i seem to get is criticism. 

• Like 2

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Do you not feel that the group of loons has grown at a ridiculous level though due to the increase in social media and being able to hide behind a username?

If I'd thrown millions at us I'd be a bit pissed off that all i seem to get is criticism. 

I wouldn't if I was expecting x3 the return on the investment at the end of 5 years.

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

I can’t help but find some of what you say a touch disingenuous and hypocritical.

1) You state, almost as fact, as fact DC doesn’t value the contribution of Owls fans. Having met DC on several occasions I have a completely different opinion. If he’s saying the fans money doesn’t go far in the greater scheme of things, that’s fair comment isn’t it?

2) Dodgy signings. Didn’t you sanction the signings of Darren Purse and Tommy Miller? Both could be described as poor, couldn’t they? I also think the Purse signing indirectly led to our ‘prized youth’ at the time, Richard Wood becoming disgruntled? Hindsight is a great thing, but I’m sure neither you or DC intended to make poor signing?

It feels a bit like you are throwing stones from your glass house.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2