Reflecting on last nights madness....

1 minute ago, Lee Strafford said:

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

That thought has been nagging at me for a while - that DC can't make certain decisions as they are not solely his to make. 

Guest Hirst1867
7 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds

Was with you right up til this bit. As the Chairman said - our contribution covers nowt. 

Last night sounded scary from afar. Although we can all agree much does get lost/misinterpreted/inflated when being relayed - it’s obvious what the mood of the evening was.

I recieved a text this morning from a follow fan, the main element being ‘fans should be careful what they wish for’. I know what I wish for, and it ain’t the club being run as it is now - so IF DC has indeed had enough and is to sound out buyers, I won’t be upset. 

We’re a simple bunch really. All most of us want is to be valued and entertained - neither of which DC seems to grasp. So if somebody can come along at some point down the line and provide those two very basic elements - I’m all for it!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

Sadly that is unlikely to happen, I suspect he will dig in even deeper now, he will not be proven wrong even at the expense of the club and his pocket.

16 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Notwithstanding lots of examples where language/meaning may have been a challenge last night, there is no ignoring many of the messages that came out.

Dejphon does not value the contribution of Wednesdayites, he only wants praise, spend and positive support from us.

Dejphon thinks that the Forestieri and Bannan (I would also throw in Reach) signings should offset the dozen or so other signings and renewals which we should never have made, which collectively have put us in financial trouble while agents have made or fortune off of that expenditure. Not to mention the loss of our prized youth to Paixao and friends.

Dejphon does not grasp the fact that when you fill a squad with dodgy signings then the good players and staff are undermined by this, making it impossible to build a strong team spirit.

Dejphon is either incapable of admitting his key mistake of entrusting Amadeu Paixao with all of his family and our (not inconsequential) funds and or he is actually jointly invested in our club with Paixao and associates, either way, its clear that this is what has been and continues to undermine our club, and Dejphon is in denial about it. 

Dejphon is clearly the one who has clashed with folks on and off the pitch wherever there has been pushback from players and staff on either the lunacy of his relationship with Paixao and associates and or DCs dictator complex, this is all you can conclude when DC says 'Jos picks the team' and Jos says 'he picks from the players which are available to him' after DC labelled Westwood a trouble causer at the prior fans forum and last night lashed out at Abdi for disrespecting him (I believe that is what DC meant when he said Abdi was disrespecting the club).

Looks like Dejphon is hoping we stay up and the FFP / P&S rules are changed this summer and then he can get us promoted and then sell the club.

With a corrupted culture within a football club it's more likely that his and our losses will just increase.

I didn't read as this at all, to me he said the money from fans does not contribute to the day to day running of the club, quite different really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Was with you right up til this bit. As the Chairman said - our contribution covers nowt. 

What does that have to do with anything?  They are still incredibly consequential for the ordinary people being asked to pay them. 

It's not the fans fault that global investment and TV money has ruined football finances. 

• Like 1

Guest Hirst1867
4 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

What does that have to do with anything?  They are still incredibly consequential for the ordinary people being asked to pay them. 

It's not the fans fault that global investment and TV money has ruined football finances. 

Im sorry. I was being sarcastic

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I didn't read as this at all, to me he said the money from fans does not contribute to the day to day running of the club, quite different really.

Do agree with this point mate. Was mentioned at the previous meeting without the uproar it seemed to cause last night - sounds like many were looking and waiting to pick him up on certain things. But the ‘valued’ element is key I suppose.

if you are really honest, do you feel valued as a fan right now? I sure as hell don’t. To feel valued and entertained - that’s all I ask for. I honestly don’t believe it takes chucking gazillions at it to achieve this either.

I know we’re talking different leagues here, but I’ve started to visit premier league matches this season.

Ethihad - the fan experience is unreal (although the atmosphere pants)

Goodison - a proper fans club. Stadium shoddy, but again the experience is all geared up to the fans

King Power - visited 2 weeks before the tragic accident. But want really impressed me was the engagement with fans before and during. Just simple things like shooting T-Shirts into all sides of the crowd at half time. Doesn’t cost the earth, but gets the kids engaged and excited!

just feel like so much more can be done.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pingybop said:

Do agree with this point mate. Was mentioned at the previous meeting without the uproar it seemed to cause last night - sounds like many were looking and waiting to pick him up on certain things. But the ‘valued’ element is key I suppose.

if you are really honest, do you feel valued as a fan right now? I sure as hell don’t. To feel valued and entertained - that’s all I ask for. I honestly don’t believe it takes chucking gazillions at it to achieve this either.

I know we’re talking different leagues here, but I’ve started to visit premier league matches this season.

Ethihad - the fan experience is unreal (although the atmosphere pants)

Goodison - a proper fans club. Stadium shoddy, but again the experience is all geared up to the fans

King Power - visited 2 weeks before the tragic accident. But want really impressed me was the engagement with fans before and during. Just simple things like shooting T-Shirts into all sides of the crowd at half time. Doesn’t cost the earth, but gets the kids engaged and excited!

just feel like so much more can be done.

Yes I agree with that mate but why people want to take words out of context to make a poor situation worse is beyond me.

40 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Sadly no, my last effort brought too much pain to my family, plus I am fully committed to my current project.

I would happily advise any well-intentioned party, including Dejphon if he were to swallow his pride and face up to his mistakes.

This is why we are in the mess we are in sadly.

No one can fault the money he has put in, BUT without surrounding himself with football people of an adequate standard he is just digging a huge hole for himself and the club.

The bigger worry is that his business sense seems to be worse than his football knowledge  

Guest Hirst1867
9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I mean, if you choose to take out the positive messages from what’s said then of course you’re left with a wholly negative sentiment...

Agreed

The most positive message of the night for me was the news that we won't be relegated. 

Image result for phew gif

37 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Can anyone explain to me who this paixo person is. 

I have seen the name mentioned on here a couple of times recently. Prior to that I’d never heard anything. 

Apologies if this is a daft question.  It’s a serious one. 

Be careful, there was a thread o here about him but it got deleted.

He runs a sports consultancy business, check it out on Companies House.

52 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Plonk

Yes, with your rip roaring experience of success of the last time.

You had you chance, now move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1