Honest Summary Up til 10pm

I did my best to scribble what I could down nothing in there is intended to be misleading. 

At times it was very difficult to understand DC point so I used my interpretation and others sat around me. Others who were there may think I am well off the mark so apologies. 

I don't fancy a career in Journalism put it that way. 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I did my best to scribble what I could down nothing in there is intended to be misleading. 

At times it was very difficult to understand DC point so I used my interpretation and others sat around me. Others who were there may think I am well off the mark so apologies. 

I don't fancy a career in Journalism put it that way. 

Well whatever anyone else says I am definitely grateful for your efforts. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Given all the speculation that we are in real difficulties financially and that Jos wasn't being sacked and that there wasn't a plan all of which seemed to be confirmed,  was there anything that genuinely struck you as news? ie hadn't already been known or guessed.

Edited by Rev Owl

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Given all the speculation that we are in real difficulties financially and that Jos wasn't being sacked and that there wasn't a plan all of which seemed to be confirmed,  was there anything that genuinely struck you as news? ie hadn't already been known or guessed.

Difficult to say. I thought there was enough to rule out contractual issues stopping players being picked. Firmer suggestion that there are a few problem players definitely. 

I  think the fact we can't use savings from 9 players out of contract at end of year very much gives an answer to why we are trying to create a team from those left at the moment, the youth and the second rate in the main.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Difficult to say. I thought there was enough to rule out contractual issues stopping players being picked. Firmer suggestion that there are a few problem players definitely. 

I  think the fact we can't use savings from 9 players out of contract at end of year very much gives an answer to why we are trying to create a team from those left at the moment, the youth and the second rate in the main.

And so the $64000 question. 

As someone who was there and someone who regularly posts on Owlstalk, should he have held this forum,  was it worth the aggro?

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

And so the $64000 question. 

As someone who was there and someone who regularly posts on Owlstalk, should he have held this forum,  was it worth the aggro?

If I were him I would have used the opportunity and even this forum and social media to predict all the questions and answers demanded. I would have put a carefully worded factual statement together that showed strength but remained honest and in no way emotional. 

Chansiri came across as very vulnerable and out of his depth tonight. Had he released a statement with most of what the fans want to know, where he either legally can or it doesn't expose the club to risk he would have been better off. 

It was halfway between pointless and valuable, closer to pointless. He has stressed himself out and given very little closure to issues people have, in some cases because he quite simply doesn't have the language to articulate his point. 

He should in future go factual statement followed by Q and A on statement a week later. 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Thanks 5

If I were him I would have used the opportunity and even this forum and social media to predict all the questions and answers demanded. I would have put a carefully worded factual statement together that showed strength but remained honest and in no way emotional. 

Chansiri came across as very vulnerable and out of his depth tonight. Had he released a statement with most of what the fans want to know, where he either legally can or it doesn't expose the club to risk he would have been better off. 

It was halfway between pointless and valuable, closer to pointless. He has stressed himself out and given very little closer to issues, in some cases because he quite simply doesn't have the language to articulate his point. 

He should in future go factual statement followed by Q and A on statement a week later. 

OK thanks.  I didn't believe it would do any good really and I think your suggestions are on the money, certainly it's what I would have done. :biggrin:

Thanks again for your work. 

Off to bed, see you all on Saturday when we will trounce the hapless opposites. UTO

6 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Honestly, I’d be surprised if we ever hear from him again in anywhere near this level of details. Tonight felt a bit like the beginning of the end even before he announced we were back up for sale. 

I dont think he does a full disappearing act, but I think the club go dark from here on for quite a while - maybe until it’s sold.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Honestly, I’d be surprised if we ever hear from him again in anywhere near this level of details. Tonight felt a bit like the beginning of the end even before he announced we were back up for sale. 

I dont think he does a full disappearing act, but I think the club go dark from here on for quite a while - maybe until it’s sold.

I left before the club was put up for sale. Did that actually happen? No wonder Noone is really interested in my pre 10pm chat

Did I forget to mention that he decided to sell the club?

Kinnell, I sat for 3 hours without any groundbreaking news or beer and he sold the jeffin club on my way home. 

He also discredited Alan Nixon and told him to come and see him, for what it's worth. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Told fans not to believe all the negativity bout Doyen. He trusts them, he still has the same recruitment approach and he believes in it.

Can you clarify if this means Doyen are still around, or just that he's following a similar recruitment approach because he believes in it?

Cheers

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Can you clarify if this means Doyen are still around, or just that he's following a similar recruitment approach because he believes in it?

Cheers

I cannot clarify that but he said he has had the same approach since he started. 3rd party identify targets, coach says he wants them and DC has final say. 

Im guessing they are still involved. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I cannot clarify that but he said he has had the same approach since he started. 3rd party identify targets, coach says he wants them and DC has final say. 

Im guessing they are still involved. 

Does sound like they are still involved. Quite worrying. I genuinely believed at the turn of last year DC had realised what a cluster he'd gotten into thanks to their sage advice (which he somehow still believes in).

Do feel for the man. Absolutely clueless.

Just now, bobness said:

Does sound like they are still involved. Quite worrying. I genuinely believed at the turn of last year DC had realised what a cluster he'd gotten into thanks to their sage advice (which he somehow still believes in).

Do feel for the man. Absolutely clueless.

He didn't know any better and he had good intentions for us and himself but it was a much bigger challenge than he could manage.

Very thankful to him for efforts but I think this was always going to happen, it was coming. 

He didn't know any better and he had good intentions for us and himself but it was a much bigger challenge than he could manage.

True, but the writing was on the wall before we signed Jos. I imagined he'd realised something was wrong by then. Seems he's put our failures down to sheer bad luck.

30 minutes ago, bobness said:

True, but the writing was on the wall before we signed Jos. I imagined he'd realised something was wrong by then. Seems he's put our failures down to sheer bad luck.

As others have said on here. All he needed to do was employ an experienced DOF on the payroll to recruit and manage the head coach and all the recruitment. Then no Doyen necessary and no questions of 3rd party motives or influence.

That was his one major fail that has lead to this all going south.