Official - Club up for sale

8 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

This isn’t a 5 bedroom detached house in Dore he’s selling.

Who would want to buy us in our current financial state?

Like it or not he’s stuck with us unless he takes a huge loss on his investment.

Had a drive into Dore tonight to look at the Christmas lights. Bloody lovely it was.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

If he's said that then i dread to think what the fans who were left have said to him.

I left as the 20th Jos question was leaving some morons mouth as couldn't take it anymore.

Geniunley felt sorry for the bloke as he answered questions then people kept asking the same thing over and over again. 

F**king hell. 10, 20 times? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Nope - absolutely not.

But some fans think it is like playing FIFA or Football Manager and it is just a case of clicking your fingers and a transfer will happen or a new owner will shell out loadsa cash.

Reality check: that’s not how it works.

Ah sorry. I get you, and totally agree. Been here before haven’t we. 

16 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Well, I haven’t been since he took over.

At £40:00 a pop, POTG in 2015, no thanks.

Amongst  other things - so yes, I’m not a big fan. I won’t lie.

Should I be?

I potg and have never paid £40 are you sitting in a box? 

Wow.

Just when I thought his naivety as a businessman could not be any lower, he publicly announces the club is up for sale.

I mean..............

All we are going to have is a load of 2 bob millionaire tyre kickers, looking to knock the price of the club down because it's in such bad shape. 

Nobody, but nobody, will pay £40m+ for a team heading towards League One. 

His emotions clearly have got the better of him. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So why is Jon McClure spouting like Chansiri has turned down offers??

Do we honestly think that Jon McClure is in with some mega money men who have the necessary capital to buy a Championship football club?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

If he's said that then i dread to think what the fans who were left have said to him.

I left as the 20th Jos question was leaving some morons mouth as couldn't take it anymore.

Geniunley felt sorry for the bloke as he answered questions then people kept asking the same thing over and over again. 

You and a lot more, tram stop busy at about 10 pm some people have very short memories, at least he didn't call is " cretins" .......

Edited by OwlontheRock
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

Sounds a bit like he’s had a harder night than he expected, spat his dummy out and said he’ll go 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he backtracks in the next few months 

He’s a very emotional man. 

I think he’s trying and I sympathise with him. But he just seems so far out of his depth.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Good intentions mean nothing now. But an absolutely apalling ego, genuine lack of business sense, no plan going forward and a disastrous relationship with the fans are just a few of his continous traits. How can you genuinely back him? You actually buy the the fans are to blame? 

What I don’t ‘buy’ is that Chansiri genuinely blames the fans, so much stuff he’s said gets lost in translation and Mis interpreted 

Do I blame the fans for the club been up for sale ?  Yes , 100% 

I hope the grass is greener on whatever side we’re heading to, for all our sakes 

9 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

maybe hes telling the truth but the financial plight we are in (which is basically the cause of all the issues at the moment) is NOTHING at all to do with the fans

TBF, a lot of that is to do with the teams we are competing against. The Owners of the teams set the FFP Rules - it 100% incentivices Boom or Bust for all the teams not benefiting from Premier League parachute payments.

Fans constantly on the owners back to "SPEND SOME BLOODY MONEY!" without ever thinking where this money actually comes from...if you do and you don't get the promotion you are fizzed. Try to build a squad within FFP - you get 1.5 to 2 years and two transfer windows maximum before you get the sack.

OUT OF F  UCKING CONTROL.

Anyone saying differently is delusional.

2 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think he's a decent bloke. Badly advised and a little naive in football matters but still a decent bloke.

After all we've put up with in the last 40 years we finally get a chairman willing to put money in and a desire to see us great again and we drive him out. 

We will live to rue this.

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And for us.

I don't see as a fanbase how we have forced him out. I have little doubt that even the owners of perennially successful clubs get social media abuse from so called fans of their own clubs.

When we enter an embargo on the quiet after intimating a continued positive approach towards promotion, have little sign of a clear plan to avoid further financial problems, have our highest paid players and previous top performers rarely involved but still getting highly paid and 1 win in 10 then it is no surprise that he is being asked difficult questions. 

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Wow.

Just when I thought his naivety as a businessman could not be any lower, he publicly announces the club is up for sale.

I mean..............

All we are going to have is a load of 2 bob millionaire tyre kickers, looking to knock the price of the club down because it's in such bad shape. 

Say what you will... at least he understands “the Wednesday way”...