Official - Club up for sale

8 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Of course the next move by pig fans will go either:

1) Get DC to try and stay

2) Offload top players 

Maybe a combination of both. It makes me wonder why owls fans don’t attack the blunts on similar grounds with their chairman’s spat with the prince. Wednesday fans have to be a lot more streetwise 

You're obsessed with this pig fan theory friggin weird 

1 hour ago, Jeff King's dog said:

What 'foundations'?

All MM did was to cut a deal with the bank and make the Co-op take a haircut. You can't say that on here though as he is revered as our 'saviour'. 

MM did it to make money for MM. Just like at Portsmouth and Leicester.

He was never a big Wednesdayite although he may well have enjoyed his time here and the promotion obviously did his reputation no harm. He did not 'build for the future' and spent about the same as DC on the ground;- nothing!

Got to disagree about DC spending nothing on the ground. There are many reasons to criticise him but there’s no doubt that Hillsborough is in better shape than when he came in

9 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

I think DC should release a club statement to clarify comments last night and put it formally in writing that the club is up for sale and is ready to sell when the opportunity presents itself. 

I get the feeling that's gonna happen in the next 48 hours or so now that the national news picked up on the club for sale stuff.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, nilsson said:

You’re not factoring in the operating losses we have now and the future liabilities with the high earners we still have to pay for the next few years.

The closest comparison to where we are now would be when we were relegated from the premier league with Hinchcliffe, Jonk, De Bilde, O Donnell and Donnelly still on the wage bill.

I presume Mr Chansiri  is currently funding the operating losses from his own pocket. As i see it the club are currently in no debt to any banks so are on a sound financial footing. FFP and P&S are the problem of which DC had to take some responsibility. Cannot see any positives in hounding him out from the club at this moment in time. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I presume Mr Chansiri  is currently funding the operating losses from his own pocket. As i see it the club are currently in no debt to any banks so are on a sound financial footing. FFP and P&S are the problem of which DC had to take some responsibility. Cannot see any positives in hounding him out from the club at this moment in time. 

Not exactly an attractive proposition for a sale is it?

The next owner will have to fund operating losses, continue to pay excessive wages to a number of players and is unlikely to be able to sign any new players. And the squad itself looks nowhere near a promotion challenging squad.

I’d be surprised if DC sells, who’d buy us?

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Not exactly an attractive proposition for a sale is it?

The next owner will have to fund operating losses, continue to pay excessive wages to a number of players and is unlikely to be able to sign any new players. And the squad itself looks nowhere near a promotion challenging squad.

I’d be surprised if DC sells, who’d buy us?

Despite all his faults, with current situation regarding FFP. In my opinion  it's better the devil you know. At least we know he's not borrowing money from banks (putting us in debt) which would make it even more difficult to sell. 

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah MM put in fantastic shape to be taken over 

by an azerbaijan’ fraudster if he had his way 

What Mammadov up to ? Has he found any money down the back of the sofa to buy us yet ? 

I don't get his long term plan, other than what i thought from the start, which was to get promoted quickly by investing into the team and sell for a profit. This has failed, for now, and he says: "My plan is to give (club) to my kid - but surely he can't hand over a loss-making business to his son, because he's 'tired'.

So, how  long can his personal wealth; which is his kid's as well, ride these annual loses. We've established he's not a rich man; certainly not sufficiently rich to be the self-benefactor of a £10m-£20m/annum loss making company.

All this, 'why do you not thank and support me more' is just a nonsense. He's not here to support a loss-making club - he's panicking and wants out because he's realised the financial liability and consequences of owning a toxic business.

What are the fans finding hard to understand about DC putting the club up for sale ????     I’ve seen Don Howson getting accused of writing fake stories , fans all over social media saying it’s not true ? 

This club is for sale