Official - Club up for sale

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Sounds a bit like he’s had a harder night than he expected, spat his dummy out and said he’ll go 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he backtracks in the next few months 

I hope he does.

If he learns from his mistakes then we already have a great chairman.

If he doesn't/hasn't we are fizzed either way.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just astounding for me that we’ll hound out a bloke who’s got good intentions and spent millions of pounds at the club,  let’s just hope the grass is greener on the other side eh 

There was barely any hounding out. Some idiots on social media maybe. Really it was minimal tonight with a few pressing questions. All of which he tried and more often than not was unable to answer or delegate to one of 4 people sat either side of him.

The response of I'm tired and I can't think of a plan let alone 5 years or even next season. What kind of leader doesn't have a strategy? You need more than money and good intentions. 

• Thanks 1

It must be very traumatic for DC at this moment in time. He has been, and I am sure will continue to be a successful businessman, and to admit failure so publicly must leave him feeling very down.

In business as in life in general however, sometimes you give things a go and despite your best intentions, things just do not work out.

I firmly believe that he tried to do the best for the club, but he fell short in a number of areas that over the months have compounded the problems.

I am sure there are a number of fans who will be delighted to hear the club is up for sale, pinning their hopes on a new owner coming in and immediately sweeping through the club correcting all that is wrong. Life does not work like that.

I do believe that SWFC are a good brand and that there is a lot of potential at the club, but we are at a definite crossroads in our history, and I fear things will get far worse than now, before they get better.

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Hutch, Fletcher who else after season?

Thankfully most will be off in the foreseeable (after they’ve collected the last of their huge wage packets)

we never seem to have a turnaround of playing personnel. 

Buy a player....sell him on for profit  Other clubs do this with success & definitely helps with ffp.

the amount of money we’ve spunked away on fees & wages over the last 3 years is scary.

Suppose it may change in a few weeks if Reach goes

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I hope he does.

If he learns from his mistakes then we already have a great chairman.

If he doesn't/hasn't we are fizzed either way.

He hasn't shown any signs he is learning or even willing to learn though, he's been here nearly 4 years. He's very stubborn. I'd rather he sell up and go personally. 

I know some people will say we could get a worse owner, but for me we already have one who hasn't got a clue and is only taking us in one direction. 

13 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

It must be very traumatic for DC at this moment in time. He has been, and I am sure will continue to be a successful businessman, and to admit failure so publicly must leave him feeling very down.

In business as in life in general however, sometimes you give things a go and despite your best intentions, things just do not work out.

I firmly believe that he tried to do the best for the club, but he fell short in a number of areas that over the months have compounded the problems.

I am sure there are a number of fans who will be delighted to hear the club is up for sale, pinning their hopes on a new owner coming in and immediately sweeping through the club correcting all that is wrong. Life does not work like that.

I do believe that SWFC are a good brand and that there is a lot of potential at the club, but we are at a definite crossroads in our history, and I fear things will get far worse than now, before they get better.

Agree with most of that but his money hasn't come from being a successful businessman. It is family cash. 

• Thanks 2

Prudent growth ownership is required next. Not some bloke with more inherited money than sense. Milan struck Gold with this bloke and headed off into the sunset counting his fortunes.

Alarm bells should have sounded when he had 3 advisors in 3 weeks.

You’d have to thing for the long term future of the club it’s beneficial.

Whether he does find a buyer and he’s prepared to sell at a reasonable price is a different story. Hopefully tonight isn’t just an emotional response from Chansiri and his intention is to sell up. The longer it takes though the more we will struggle on and off the pitch. Player sales will happen with limited reinvestment (understandable).

9 minutes ago, Prince said:

Prudent growth ownership is required next. Not some bloke with more inherited money than sense. Milan struck Gold with this bloke and headed off into the sunset counting his fortunes.

Alarm bells should have sounded when he had 3 advisors in 3 weeks.

And that probably explains why MM didn't hang around as an adviser.

He doubtless had an inkling of what was to come.

I didn't want him gone i am still grateful for what he did especially at the start,I just wanted him to change certain things we all know what they are, I realised after the forum the damage has been done, I genuinely feel for him, but how things have got to this stage I do not know, I think certain people around DC need to be held accountable just as much as him, maybe he could look into some form of legal action although I doubt it would wash.

At least we have the debts wiped ,despite everything thats happening we will still be an attractive proposition for someone with the money and knowledge.

Edited by keepitsteel89

He has made mistakes no two ways about it but in general our fanbase have expected too much too soon. The playoff seasons raised expectations and if you don't get promoted it is considered failiure. I feel for him as I do think he wants us to do well. He has made poor decisions and hasn't reacted when needed. Giving players in their 30's 4 year contracts like Fletcher, and refusing to sell players and refresh an ageing squad

It scares me to think who will buy us. Let's be honest he isn't really going to care as long as he gets his money back

8 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

He has made mistakes no two ways about it but in general our fanbase have expected too much too soon. The playoff seasons raised expectations and if you don't get promoted it is considered failiure. I feel for him as I do think he wants us to do well. He has made poor decisions and hasn't reacted when needed. Giving players in their 30's 4 year contracts like Fletcher, and refusing to sell players and refresh an ageing squad

It scares me to think who will buy us. Let's be honest he isn't really going to care as long as he gets his money back

The pricing was justifiable to increase turnover.

I'm not as critical of the signings as many on here.

The players signed were appointed to get us into the PL within 2-3 years, so longevity I guess wasn't an issue.

And in any case, to stay up we'd have had to make a lot of signings anyway because most of our lot wouldn't have been good enough for the PL.

It's the managerial appointments which have been the problem, and the reluctance to fire them when they clearly are failing.

Chansiri has never grasped that the players hold the power, and that once they decide a manager isn't right then a replacement must be found.

It was obvious in the pre-season friendly against Rangers that the players' hearts were no longer in it with Carlos in charge.

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling
  • Like 1