Official - Club up for sale

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Had a drive into Dore tonight to look at the Christmas lights. Bloody lovely it was.

Cheers

Dore is nice.

I remember when every City had proper Christmas lights. A bit like a mini Blackpool.

In the sixties we used to drive through Sheffield to actually see the lights (when my Dad could finally afford a car). I can actually remember the first day he actually got a car. Quite rare back in the day.

Going out “for a run” on Sundays is long past.

Bring back car rugs, driving gloves and car coats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

What I don’t ‘buy’ is that Chansiri genuinely blames the fans, so much stuff he’s said gets lost in translation and Mis interpreted 

Do I blame the fans for the club been up for sale ?  Yes , 100% 

I hope the grass is greener on whatever side we’re heading to, for all our sakes 

End of the day if you honestly think he's doing a good job then I think you're in the minority. But fair enough. 

I think most of our fans will give people time (we are 4 years into this project now). 

The best thing is it's clear we won't put up with absolute shambles from the top down. Maybe you don't agree but this revolt might be for the better. Or we could let him control us all the way to league one. That's where we are heading. Or do you genuinely think we are in good shape and look like a promotion team? 

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just astounding for me that we’ll hound out a bloke who’s got good intentions and spent millions of pounds at the club,  let’s just hope the grass is greener on the other side eh 

Good intentions,  o yeah a bit like when he happily took peoples hard earned cash for season tickets and chose to keep quiet about FFP and the embargo. 

I’m not sure how the fan base have forced his hand.  Record numbers of season tickets.  I’ve never heard chants about him.  The current cries for Jos’s head are no different to chants of ‘Milan sort it out’ towards the end of Jones’s reign.  He puts far too much weight on what is spouted on social media, which of a man of his age he should just consider bull anyway.  

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

End of the day if you honestly think he's doing a good job then I think you're in the minority. But fair enough. 

I think most of our fans will give people time (we are 4 years into this project now). 

The best thing is it's clear we won't put up with absolute shambles from the top down. Maybe you don't agree but this revolt might be for the better. Or we could let him control us all the way to league one. That's where we are heading. Or do you genuinely think we are in good shape and look like a promotion team? 

Yeh fairs fair... everyone has there opinions and I’ve got mine as much as you’ve got yours 

Promotion ? Absolutely not , I think with a bit of luck reference wheeling and dealing in January we would’ve finished mid table ish,  going for the rest of the season now with this squad ?  We’re going down let’s be honest 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We're back at same place before he took over so not success or the disaster some like to make out.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Dore is nice.

I remember when every City had proper Christmas lights. A bit like a mini Blackpool.

In the sixties we used to drive through Sheffield to actually see the lights (when my Dad could finally afford a car). I can actually remember the first day he actually got a car. Quite rare back in the day.

Going out “for a run” on Sundays is long past.

Bring back car rugs, driving gloves and car coats.

There's one particular road we go to look at each year, almost every house puts up loads of lights outside their homes and on all the trees, it looks fantastic.

http://tripswithatot.com/christmas/abbeydale-park-rise-lights-sheffield/

I'm a little sceptical (even though he did say it) isn't every club "on the market" if an interested buyer comes sniffing? He spoke about trying to solve FFP and that things would be better next season, I think it was more of a "if people think I've failed I'm willing to sell" statement than a "fk you lot I'm off" type thing - could be wrong but thats my reading.

Yeh fairs fair... everyone has there opinions and I’ve got mine as much as you’ve got yours 

Promotion ? Absolutely not , I think with a bit of luck reference wheeling and dealing in January we would’ve finished mid table ish,  going for the rest of the season now with this squad ?  We’re going down let’s be honest 

He said he will look after the club while ever he is still in charge and we will not go down so why do you expect him not to try to do anything in January? It is hardly in his best interest in terms of a sale price to let us drift towards League One. Surely he has to take some responsibility for the squad as it is?

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Say what you will... at least he understands “the Wednesday way”...

Doesn't he just.

I genuinely feel for the guy in a lot of respects, if his personal life and health suffer from the job then it's time to step away and pass the baton on. 

Football is a very destructive business in the modern age.

Mr Chansiri.. an emotional guy with all the right intentions but badly advised and taken for a ride and wrongly takes it out on the fans.

Feel sorry for him.. we so nearly made it under him.. but the money pit has run dry and we are now suffering.

Let's hope he can sell to a decent buyer not some chancer who will use us like a play toy until they get bored and not drag us further into the ground.

Sad days again 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He said he will look after the club while ever he is still in charge and we will not go down so why do you expect him not to try to do anything in January? It is hardly in his best interest in terms of a sale price to let us drift towards League One. Surely he has to take some responsibility for the squad as it is?

Because unless he solves the FFP issue we can’t do anything in January anyway

Because unless he solves the FFP issue we can’t do anything in January anyway

So his responsibility then for the fact we can't do anything? 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Good intentions,  o yeah a bit like when he happily took peoples hard earned cash for season tickets and chose to keep quiet about FFP and the embargo. 

I'm really not buying this at all, would you rather him at the beginning of the transfer window told the football world that we are under embargo and allowed other teams to cherry pick the few decent assets we have for a pittance, we'd be in a far, far worse situation than we are now, a season ticket is a gamble whenever you buy one could I have my money back from the Premiership relegation season??? 

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

There's one particular road we go to look at each year, almost every house puts up loads of lights outside their homes and on all the trees, it looks fantastic.

http://tripswithatot.com/christmas/abbeydale-park-rise-lights-sheffield/

Yes, that people feel so good about life, rubs off.

When I lived in Berkshire we used to take my Mother in Law to see a house at Buckleberry - the village where Kate Middleton came from. It was sensational. And, she really enjoyed it.

Quite life affirming really.

Considering I’m miserable - I quite like Christmas. The child like wonder has never left me.

* Starting to worry.

• Like 1