Official - Club up for sale

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just astounding for me that we’ll hound out a bloke who’s got good intentions and spent millions of pounds at the club,  let’s just hope the grass is greener on the other side eh 

I've not wanted to hound him out and will remember how close he got to his aim in his first 2 seasons.

However, as many are saying, the main thing to come out of tonight is that we don't seem to have a definitive plan to sort the financial mess out and the owner is still supporting an inept manager who he has confirmed is not picking players who have performed for us prior to his appointment and are costing us a fortune for doing nothing.

I don't doubt his good intentions but his decisions and plans are what he will be judged on and it is not looking good on that front unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just astounding for me that we’ll hound out a bloke who’s got good intentions and spent millions of pounds at the club,  let’s just hope the grass is greener on the other side eh 

The guy sounds like a huffy child. He wants everyone to love him and is upset that the fans don’t because the club is a shambles. A lot of ‘poor me’ type answers tonight based on reports of what was said. He doesn’t seem to grasp that the fans won’t feel the same as they would if we were winning all the time. Bizarre! 

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

Jon McClure’s comments on TV earlier make a bit more sense now..

We getting bought out by Reverend and the Makers then? 

Can come out to "Could have been a contender" on matchdays. 

Can't wait. 

• Haha 1

Just now, casbahowl said:

So you’ll start going again once he’s gone instead of just spouting bile on here?

Just depends.

Will the new fella attempt to divide and conquer and charge extortionate POTG prices?

£90:00 Membership - tempting.

Bile, me?

It’s the grey pound fella - I’ve loads of money.

Might go to Hillsborough - or, go on a Caribbean Cruise.

Exciting times eh?

(not on the pitch obviously - £40:00 in August 2015 though?)

Its a tough choice.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've not wanted to hound him out and will remember how close he got to his aim in his first 2 seasons.

However, as many are saying, the main thing to come out of tonight is that we don't seem to have a definitive plan to sort the financial mess out and the owner is still supporting an inept manager who he has confirmed is not picking players who have performed for us prior to his appointment and are costing us a fortune for doing nothing.

I don't doubt his good intentions but his decisions and plans are what he will be judged on and it is not looking good on that front unfortunately. 

Pretty much this. 

I don't think he's the devil incarnate as some like to portray him...but he's way, way out of his depth here. 

We are falling apart at the seams and yet he has no idea how to turn things around and instead seems to want to try and fight the world, whilst being in complete denial as to the glaringly obvious problems in front of him - namely the useless manager. 

Sheffield Wednesday: where it's painful to watch both on and off the pitch. 

I think he's a decent bloke. Badly advised and a little naive in football matters but still a decent bloke.

After all we've put up with in the last 40 years we finally get a chairman willing to put money in and a desire to see us great again and we drive him out. 

We will live to rue this.

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

Says he has turned down interest in the past. #SWFC #swfcforum

Well, to be brutally honest: I don't think he's good enough.

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He didn’t say there was, did he?  Or have I missed it, 

Nope - absolutely not.

But some fans think it is like playing FIFA or Football Manager and it is just a case of clicking your fingers and a transfer will happen or a new owner will shell out loadsa cash.

Reality check: that’s not how it works.

• Thanks 1

Man, this is sad news. I actually thought he was a top bloke - not as clued into football as I'd like but had an enthusiasm that made me believe in 10 years time he'd have the gained the experience needed to properly take the club places. I always worry what sort of buyer we will get... some saudi prince? 

It's true. Some of our fans are really stupid. 

Some of them think 'putting the club on the market' means chansiri is off, leaving us with no owner, no money and a return to liquidation. 

Erm no...it means he'll try and sell us for a ridiculous price and anyone who can afford that price will be.....yep, you guessed it, pretty well off. 

What's the problem exactly?

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Nope - absolutely not.

But some fans think it is like playing FIFA or Football Manager and it is just a case of clicking your fingers and a transfer will happen or a new owner will shell out loadsa cash.

Reality check: that’s not how it works.

Nope...but having someone in charge of the club who has some sort of plan would be a good start.