Official - Club up for sale

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Sound financial footing, really?? We were operating at a loss and heading for massive problems.

Yes, we had losses. Albeit relatively small ones by the standard of this league. I'm going to have to push you to elaborate on the "heading for massive problems" part of that statement though?

Would you be happy for Chansiri to stay if...

In January, we sell some of the jewels and recoup some cash, get rid of Jos for a new man and reduced the ticket prices, start to rebuild in the summer... or

Would you rather Chansiri try and sell and let him move on?.. bearing in mind when he goes we are pretty much in the same situation..

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Would you be happy for Chansiri to stay if...

In January, we sell some of the jewels and recoup some cash, get rid of Jos for a new man and reduced the ticket prices, start to rebuild in the summer... or

Would you rather Chansiri try and sell and let him move on?.. bearing in mind when he goes we are pretty much in the same situation..

Some people are never going to be happy, no matter what

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Yes, we had losses. Albeit relatively small ones by the standard of this league. I'm going to have to push you to elaborate on the "heading for massive problems" part of that statement though?

We were losing (estimated) between £5 and £10m a year, the ground was falling apart, the pitch was like a ploughed field I we had to play a dull style of football (four home wins all season) - a situation that would have only got worse.

If you got rid of all the clubs operating at a loss there would not be enough left to form a league. The ability to service debt is what counts. How many of the posters on here don't have huge credit card, mortgage or personal debt? It's a red herring to bang on and on as if we were an island of a badly run club in the midst a sea of paragons of virtue for whom thrift and sustainability are a lifelong creed. We are in a slump. the bottom of a cycle that at some stage will turn upwards and we will be good to watch and challenging for promotion. No club is entitled to success, Chansiri has made us a better club and pumped a fortune in and given us two great years, no one should forget that. Does anyone want us to be asset stripped? That's a real danger if the man who believed in us gets so pissed off he sells to whichever shady character has some hot money to unload. Again, be careful of what you wish for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

The only money we really owe now is to the chairman, hardly the same.

So in that case... if you were in his shoes and he is genuinely wanting to sell. You would sell your best players for as much as possible to get back what you can, keep the manager to avoid a pay off and then try and sell to whoever offers the highest price. Let's face it unless he's tied up with other complications via borrowing money from other investors he's just got to get back what he can because ultimately he's going to lose money.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 01:00, richowl said:

Will the buying clubs be paying DC into his personal account?

No not directly but if he has a good accountant he will have classified any money he has invested in the club as loans. If the club sells a player he can then make sure the club pays back some of those loans. DC owns the club, he is the top man, he can to a large extent do what he wants and there is very little any one can do to stop him.

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We were losing (estimated) between £5 and £10m a year, the ground was falling apart, the pitch was like a ploughed field I we had to play a dull style of football (four home wins all season) - a situation that would have only got worse.

Our losses are well documented and even from memory, I believe they averaged just under 5m a year during MM's time. Plenty of teams have/had a worse stadium and pitch, whilst neither were ideal they simply do not justify your "heading for massive problems" statement. It's simply not the case.  

12 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

So in that case... if you were in his shoes and he is genuinely wanting to sell. You would sell your best players for as much as possible to get back what you can, keep the manager to avoid a pay off and then try and sell to whoever offers the highest price. Let's face it unless he's tied up with other complications via borrowing money from other investors he's just got to get back what he can because ultimately he's going to lose money.

I didn't get the impression that he wants to sell so not an issue yet.

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Our losses are well documented and even from memory, I believe they averaged just under 5m a year during MM's time. Plenty of teams have/had a worse stadium and pitch, whilst neither were ideal they simply do not justify your "heading for massive problems" statement. It's simply not the case.  

The only other pitch worse than ours was Blackpools, it was horrendous, funny how some have selective memories.

39 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I don't know what situation I'm finding worse.... brexit or chexit......

Yep definitely chexit.

Brexit or Chexit - yes, I like it.

Unfortunately, at this moment in time, I can't see either coming to a satisfactory conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Funny is saying the club was heading for massive problems because of mud and grass.....

The football was dreadful, there was no chance of significant signings, the ground was looking worse than ever, long time ST holders were saying it would be their last season etc etc MM sold at the right time.