Official - Club up for sale

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Some times worth letting some of the better ones go too. 

Things can get stale 

That I agree with. Wheeling and dealing in the transfer market has to be an essential part of a successful club.

Chansiri wheeled but didn’t deal.

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

If I had the money, I'd offer him what he paid for it.

Other than the pitch and a scoreboard, there's been no other improvement

Who the hell wants to pay 100 mill for us.....

He's living in dreamland

Running a sweetshop really turns over the cash, and here's me thinking it was a Mom and Pop operation light years away from a billionaire family with interests around the world. Try adding up the value of the players if there's a fire sale, and the sale of Hillsborough for redevelopment and then moving the club shell that is left to someone who wants to launder lots of cash from 'interesting sources'. And ha s a  desire to have the club renamed to whoever will pay the most. "Sweetshop Supers" "Persil Panthers" "ChupaChups Wonderpups" Stripes? probably end up in spots. He has made some changes, spent a fortune on us and given us two glorious years in a sea of mediocrity. Wouldn't like to give you a Christmas present, probably end up in the bin. People should be careful of what they wish for. These might just be "Our Best Days"

5 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Running a sweetshop really turns over the cash, and here's me thinking it was a Mom and Pop operation light years away from a billionaire family with interests around the world. Try adding up the value of the players if there's a fire sale, and the sale of Hillsborough for redevelopment and then moving the club shell that is left to someone who wants to launder lots of cash from 'interesting sources'. And ha s a  desire to have the club renamed to whoever will pay the most. "Sweetshop Supers" "Persil Panthers" "ChupaChups Wonderpups" Stripes? probably end up in spots. He has made some changes, spent a fortune on us and given us two glorious years in a sea of mediocrity. Wouldn't like to give you a Christmas present, probably end up in the bin. People should be careful of what they wish for. These might just be "Our Best Days"

Think (our best days is pushing it a bit) get rid of Jos, install a proven manager and director of football, let them do their jobs and we may just turn this nightmare into better times.

Are we actually worth anything? We are a failing business.

Anyone that buys us would have to take on the losses and still have to honour the contracts of Fletcher, Rhodes, Hutchinson, Lees, van Aken etc for the next couple of years.

There’s plenty of failing football clubs that have been sold for £1 or some other nominal amount.

I don't believe any of this regards club is for sale. id say he deep down is very cunning and clever ,this will mean that he wont get any where near as much flak during the next few weeks and months. so clubs have been up for sale for a very long time ie hull ,didn't forest take 2 years before sale? no owner will come in until all the high earners are gone and a new owner has a good chance to move the club forward , for at least 2 years any new owner would be tied down by ffp, and chansiri aint a hope of getting 10 million if we go down once you factor in all the costs what it is costing to run the club at the minute ,the 29 million wage bill wont just drop to 20 million and then 15 million its not that simple. 

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think he may want to sell pretty quickly as relegation to league 1 will reduce the value by a few noughts.

….which is precisely why I doubt that a sale will happen pretty quickly.

Look at it from the perspective of a potential investor, whoever that might be - would you seriously want to buy a club under real threat of relegation and see the value of your investment plummet like the proverbial lead balloon come April / May time next year ?

I reckon we're probably stuck with DC until the end of the season at least.

Maybe though, just maybe he was putting the idea out there he was now more receptive to selling the club just not actively seeking a new buyer.

As beforehand he said he had turned down offers and was adamant he staying. But if he receives the right offer then he may sell.

Hopefully that's the case as we don't want him to sell to anyone, like Amanda Stavely for example.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Get ready for 12 months worth of tyre kickers, players sales, absent Chairman and claims from potential buyers that DC wants too much. The script is written. This will end up at places like Oldham and Morecambe with loan signings similar to the standard of Adam Bolder and Maurice Ross. 

Here we go. 

You may well be right...

After last night, I'd put a fair wage on us getting relegated this season. 

Chansiri moving on for the best, but to say the road to a new owner is covered in potholes would be an understatement.