Official - Club up for sale

2 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

When things haven't gone that well at a meeting you need to pull a rabbit out of the hat and this could be it. It will attract sympathy and less critism of him now. Mike Ashley officially first put Newcastle up for sale in 2009 would you believe.

This.  Ploy for sympathy, I fear.

I agree on the the success too quickly comment. When DC first came in he talked the long term project route. Perhaps that was never the case but it felt like a sea change. Milan had steadied the ship and it needed deeper pockets to go to the next stage.

Those deep pockets have unfortunately been emptied into the wrong places in order to get the pot of Premier League gold. It is that waste of money and how different it could have been with a focused plan in place.

But it is the small matter of being concerned about FFP but then shrugging shoulders as to why the likes of Hutchinson or Westwood don't feature. It's the lack of recognition that the two are linked

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

It doesn't cos you've obviously not a clue what you are talking about and would be vociferously posting about why we sold all our decent players in the summer had the embargo been made public, even the EFL advise clubs to keep it under wraps.

Careful kids the voice of reason is here. No actually it would be understandable and atleast he would showing some honesty. You might enjoy being taken in for a mug but some of us don't. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Just depends.

Will the new fella attempt to divide and conquer and charge extortionate POTG prices?

£90:00 Membership - tempting.

Bile, me?

It’s the grey pound fella - I’ve loads of money.

Might go to Hillsborough - or, go on a Caribbean Cruise.

Exciting times eh?

(not on the pitch obviously - £40:00 in August 2015 though?)

Its a tough choice.

Interesting if somewhat smarmy reply which really speaks volumes about the poster.

personally I prefer the Caribbean in the early spring, before the rainy season but that wasn’t the question was it?

As you’ve previously stated you haven’t been to watch the team under DC’s 4 year reign, will you start going again when he’s gone ?...... or is the limit of your Supporting ambition keyboard based?

Just caught up, I think. This statement about the club being for sale pretty much makes the rest of the evenings events academic.....

He continues to have faith in anyone but the average fan. I don’t get that.

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Not good news IMO, don't feel the amount of the criticism DC received is warranted.

Those who wanted him out have got their way, just hope there are buyers queuing up to buy an overpriced, loss making business.

There won't be...he will either have to take a low price or keep funding the losses. Whatever he does from now he isn't getting his money back and given his incompetence he doesn't deserve to get his money back.

7 hours ago, OwlontheRock said:

Amazing, he said earlier in the evening he wasn't going to sell as who would want to buy swfc

I was there and reading between the lines when people asked his 5year plan (way too long to ask) then someone asked what’s the plan next season he said “I don’t know what’s round corner” to some extent I said as I was leaving to a few others who agreed that he’s fed up and that showed he is looking for a buyer if he can’t answer next season plans ?? Unfortunately he didn’t seem open to suggestion last night we was all saying he’s done a decent job just wrongly advised with manager selection ie jos get rid of him listen to fans you then show your a listener a learner and a trier ? I got the mic drop ooops

Absolutely wonderful news! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:This guy has been killing the club. Sick of being the great tuna empire experiment. Never liked the bloke ever since he nearly knocked me over! See previous post. Arrogance personified that he tries to cover up with fake charm. New owner should get Chansiri ripped out of the North asap, were SWFC not CHANSIRI FC!!!!!!. Milan Mandaric, wonderful man & football man, must also be relieved. I'm sure he will have been horrified by the actions of Chansiri, Milan truly loved the club. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

Says he has turned down interest in the past. #SWFC #swfcforum

Thank God for that.

Sooner he goes and takes the cancer that is Doyen and Paxo out of our club, the better.

8 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Absolutely wonderful news! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:This guy has been killing the club. Sick of being the great tuna empire experiment. Never liked the bloke ever since he nearly knocked me over! See previous post. Arrogance personified that he tries to cover up with fake charm. New owner should get Chansiri ripped out of the North asap, were SWFC not CHANSIRI FC!!!!!!. Milan Mandaric, wonderful man & football man, must also be relieved. I'm sure he will have been horrified by the actions of Chansiri, Milan truly loved the club

90% spot on, however the highlighted section is a bit OTT, we were a good business deal, no more than that sadly.