“I tell you now, your money doesn’t cover anything”

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Simple fact being.

If gate receipts and tv etc covered anything like the costs

We wouldn't have lost £39 million over the last 3 years.

Pretty simple concept. 

We were making a loss before price hikes, before player sales or big wages... obviously gate receipts contributions are less than running costs. 

16 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

The £90:00 Membership fee made all the difference though.

He didn’t tell you that though did he?

* When I lived in Reading, me and the kids used to have memberships. Carbone, Di Canio - London, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Upton Park.

£90:00 - priority for Brentford, is a bloody bargain comparatively.

£90 membership wouldn't have got you a ticket for Brentford ……..

2017 accounts

We spent £36m

Wages etc were £29m

Matchday income and associated income £16.8m

Commercial Income around £6m

Chansiri put in a £20m loan which probably includes transfers not yet shown in accounts

Matchday income isn't nothing, its absolutely vital,  but it doesn't cover any of the main costs on its own and it needs Chansiri's wedge to make us sustainable.

He shouldn't have gone near this issue, nor should he have spoken so vaguely as its an emotive issue but he does have a point.

2 hours ago, pioowl said:

I understand that perfectly.Why are there so many dimwits on here?

Well okay he was misquoted and didn’t actually say that the money fans put in doesn’t cover anything, but my point remains that gate receipts are clearly not insignificant. If they were he wouldn’t have to charge as much as he does, causing the undeniable disconnect between club and fans. Answering the question in the way he did was bound to rankle with  fans who see other similar sizes clubs in the Championship charging much less, but out performing us on the pitch, out performing us commercially, have balanced squads, don’t have 3-4 highly paid experienced pros frozen out, haven’t been under a transfer embargo, etc, etc.........  

19 hours ago, Royal_D said:

So shoot me , I think the man deserves a little bit of respect, he’s made mistakes yeah ... but we can’t unite as a fanbase and try to support him the best we can and move forward together , no ... we’re too interested in tearing each other’s heads off

its pathetic 

When will people get this right 

It’s nothing to do with wanting to start arguments, the common denominator is the football club, that’s all we care about 

It’s not about ‘uniting’, forget that, it’s about doing what’s best for the football club, which is new leadership and direction 

I can’t support his ways anymore

Even if misquoted, it’s shocking PR

I don’t think he’s ever understood that Sheffield is not a wealthy city. He asked people to dig deep because he was investing a lot, but I don’t think he understands what that entails for an average family - he’s a wealthy man.

Its all a bit “We are all in this together”

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MAL said:

Thanks for the praise pal, you too.

But it looks like we have hit an impasse on this one (we will get over it :biggrin:)

I think he is a genuine bloke.

There are so many posters, just trying to find any little bit of a problem (and yes i admit there are a lot).

Call me deluded, but i think he genuinely does want what is best for the club, obviously himself as well.

I just hope he can get his head around it, and bring someone in who knows something about running a club, and a manager who knows something about football.

Take care pal.

You put your point across well , and are a decent poster . But you are deluded 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Royal_D said:

He said the money doesn’t cover the costs,  but yeah you beleive that if you  wanna 

Latest accounts are for year ending May 2017 show income of £23M v expenditure of £36M. Previous year ending May 2016 shows income of £22M v expenditure of £26M.  I recall us losing around £5M pa under MM so the play off final year was quite impressive when you consider the progression on and off the pitch.  If only it hadn’t gone crazy thereafter.

The 2017 accounts were revealed March 2018 so perhaps we’ll see the latest accounts for 2018 in a few months time?  In all honesty I think the game has become virtually uninvestable, so Im surprised by DC’s bullish remarks about flogging the club.

The most painful aspect about this whole debacle is the fact that 2016 was a season of sensible investment. I believe we showed vast improvement as a club plus reducing our annual losses. If only the club had remained both patient and sensible I reckon we’d have made further progress.  Alas crazy signings on crazy wages unsettled the existing playing squad and all the goodwill and club morale was swept away in a tidal wave of greed.