“I tell you now, your money doesn’t cover anything”

11 minutes ago, MAL said:

But they are.

Everybody wanted openness, they wanted their questions answered, they got it, but now they don't like the answers.

People have to make tough decisions on what else they sacrifice in order to fund going to Hillsborough, supporting the team and lining the clubs coffers. £550 season tickets.. £40 POTG.. £90 memberships.. £70 shirts.. it’s a lot of money. To some, it’s a huge ask every year. It’s the most financial outlay any fan base in the division makes. It’s a bigger financial outlay than many make to watch top flight football. It can be cheaper to watch Pep Guardiola’s Champions of England than Sheffield Wednesday. 

For those people, I think “why the f*ck am I being asked to pay this” when the Chairman stands up and says it barely covers anything, is a fair question.

People have talked about the club holding fans in contempt since everything first kicked off with the ticket prices. Does DC’s tone tonight help?

My personal thoughts are that people should stop. Send a message. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Sorry Mal - I’ve always thought you were a great poster, but I don’t know where you’re going with this.

The bloke is a shambles and the Club is a disaster.

Its going one way under this bloke.

Thanks for the praise pal, you too.

But it looks like we have hit an impasse on this one (we will get over it :biggrin:)

I think he is a genuine bloke.

There are so many posters, just trying to find any little bit of a problem (and yes i admit there are a lot).

Call me deluded, but i think he genuinely does want what is best for the club, obviously himself as well.

I just hope he can get his head around it, and bring someone in who knows something about running a club, and a manager who knows something about football.

Take care pal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

People have to make tough decisions on what else they sacrifice in order to fund going to Hillsborough, supporting the team and lining the clubs coffers. £550 season tickets.. £40 POTG.. £90 memberships.. £70 shirts.. it’s a lot of money. To some, it’s a huge ask every year. It’s the most financial outlay any fan base in the division makes. It’s a bigger financial outlay than many make to watch top flight football. It can be cheaper to watch Pep Guardiola’s Champions of England than Sheffield Wednesday. 

For those people, I think “why the f*ck am I being asked to pay this” when the Chairman stands up and says it barely covers anything, is a fair question.

People have talked about the club holding fans in contempt since everything first kicked off with the ticket prices. Does DC’s tone tonight help?

My personal thoughts are that people should stop. Send a message. 

But again, yes all the people that go on about the prices, have a very valid point.

But, to put it in to figures (made up figures i must add).

If the fans buy tickets at £200 for a season ticket, DC can invest £30m.

If the fans buy tickets at £500 for a season ticket, DC can invest £90m.

What should he do?

48 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Even if you allow room for quotes to be misinterpreted, twisted, bent out of shape.. whatever..

Do you think telling fans their financial contributions are a minuscule factor in financing the club is a good idea?

We pay the most expensive tickets in the division and more than many in the division above. People already feel stretched and short changed. At a very basic level, surely you understand that making fans feel like their efforts to stump up every year is a waste of time is dreadful management of a situation.. 

Remember when he said he’d tell the truth and fans might not like it?

I personally believe he has used the wrong word here due to his language difference and that is all.

The original quote of 'your money does not cover anything' in some ways is quite a nonsense if you think about it.

We as fans know that it does - as minimal as it might be.

However if you substitute the word everything then it makes a lot more sense.

YOUR MONEY DOES NOT COVER EVERYTHING.

• Haha 1

He’s right which is why someone needed to ask how losses are funded going forward. 

Sod that though, let’s ask the same question over the managers future time after time 

FFS

10 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

So if gate receipts are so insignificant why are the prices  we are asked to pay so high compared to other clubs. I genuinely don’t understand why our prices are so high. Someone please explain !

To increase revenue streams and thus allow him to invest more

15 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

DC has had respect from the moment he walked through the door.

His actions have brought us to a point where people are questioning him. People see what they see. The club has regressed massively in almost every facet and people want answers.

At a certain point, “respect” and “support” is nothing more than burying your head in the sand. The time to blindly tow Chansiri’s line has been and gone.

Sheffield Dave - without a doubt THE most sensible poster IMO on this site 

Of all the things discussed (or not discussed) yesterday, this is such a nothing point to dwell on.

From the updates yesterday (I wasn't there), this remark seemed to be made in response to somebody criticising  DC along the lines of "it's the fans money".

I think at that point DC is entitled to point out that that it's not just the fans money, a big chunk of it is HIS money.

Sounds like DC was actually misquoted, but clearly he meant that the fans money doesn't cover everything - which is undeniably correct.