“I tell you now, your money doesn’t cover anything”

Yea, don't spin lies off misquoted stuff... we don't need more drama than we already got.

We've probably got around 6-7M from gates tops, judging by the reported finances of "peer" clubs? Plus we've added to wage costs, probably more than that so between STs/gate receipts etc and media/EFL money which is probably around another 4-5M and then player sales etc... we'd probably need an injection from elsewhere to cover operational costs... 

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Youre putting in the work for DC on here tonight. 

No, but focus on a smaller set of issues to criticise... factual and correct, rather than bullshit quotes that do nothing more than stir anger and cause even more division.

I'm more sceptical of a chairman with lack of motivation, feeling tired, no 5-year plan, telling us not to worry, we won't go down and won't be in a worse state than before... THAT worries me, not that whatever fans chip in doesn't cover all the costs...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The £90:00 Membership fee made all the difference though.

He didn’t tell you that though did he?

* When I lived in Reading, me and the kids used to have memberships. Carbone, Di Canio - London, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Upton Park.

£90:00 - priority for Brentford, is a bloody bargain comparatively.

• Thanks 1

Just now, N0rtherner said:

No, but focus on a smaller set of issues to criticise... factual and correct, rather than bullshit quotes that do nothing more than stir anger and cause even more division.

I'm more sceptical of a chairman with lack of motivation, feeling tired, no 5-year plan, telling us not to worry, we won't go down and won't be in a worse state than before... THAT worries me, not that whatever fans chip in doesn't cover all the costs...

Even if you allow room for quotes to be misinterpreted, twisted, bent out of shape.. whatever..

Do you think telling fans their financial contributions are a minuscule factor in financing the club is a good idea?

We pay the most expensive tickets in the division and more than many in the division above. People already feel stretched and short changed. At a very basic level, surely you understand that making fans feel like their efforts to stump up every year is a waste of time is dreadful management of a situation.. 

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Even if you allow room for quotes to be misinterpreted, twisted, bent out of shape.. whatever..

Do you think telling fans their financial contributions are a minuscule factor in financing the club is a good idea?

We pay the most expensive tickets in the division and more than many in the division above. People already feel stretched and short changed. At a very basic level, surely you understand that making fans feel like their efforts to stump up every year is a waste of time is dreadful management of a situation.. 

It's an absolutely ridiculous comment to make, whatever his intentions were or whether lost in translation, to say that to fans who are paying premiership prices to watch a team grind a draw with Rotherham Utd, loaded up with U23's who you could watch for free at Middlewood Road, he's not exactly showering himself in glory, but apparently we should be thanking him for all this.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

The £90:00 Membership fee made all the difference though.

He didn’t tell you that though did he?

* When I lived in Reading, me and the kids used to have memberships. Carbone, Di Canio - London, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Upton Park.

£90:00 - priority for Brentford, is a bloody bargain comparatively.

Yet he changed it.

He has tried numerous things (admittedly most not good for the average fan).

But again...

The more he could get off the fans, the more he could put in.

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Youre putting in the work for DC on here tonight. 

You must have REALLY enjoyed that day out at Wembley..

So shoot me , I think the man deserves a little bit of respect, he’s made mistakes yeah ... but we can’t unite as a fanbase and try to support him the best we can and move forward together , no ... we’re too interested in tearing each other’s heads off

its pathetic 

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

It's an absolutely ridiculous comment to make, whatever his intentions were or whether lost in translation, to say that to fans who are paying premiership prices to watch a team grind a draw with Rotherham Utd, loaded up with U23's who you could watch for free at Middlewood Road, he's not exactly showering himself in glory, but apparently we should be thanking him for all this.

Are you surprised?

Honestly?

As an egalitatarian - it’s worrying that this bloke has so much power.

How he has so much effect is bizarre - it’s like following the bloody pied piper.

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

But they are.

Everybody wanted openness, they wanted their questions answered, they got it, but now they don't like the answers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Of course he doesn't and didn't suggest he thought it was. He's simply pointing out there's far bigger things to worry about than an ill advised comment.

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

Yet he changed it.

He has tried numerous things (admittedly most not good for the average fan).

But again...

The more he could get off the fans, the more he could put in.

Sorry Mal - I’ve always thought you were a great poster, but I don’t know where you’re going with this.

The bloke is a shambles and the Club is a disaster.

Its going one way under this bloke.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So shoot me , I think the man deserves a little bit of respect, he’s made mistakes yeah ... but we can’t unite as a fanbase and try to support him the best we can and move forward together , no ... we’re too interested in tearing each other’s heads off

its pathetic 

DC has had respect from the moment he walked through the door.

His actions have brought us to a point where people are questioning him. People see what they see. The club has regressed massively in almost every facet and people want answers.

At a certain point, “respect” and “support” is nothing more than burying your head in the sand. The time to blindly tow Chansiri’s line has been and gone.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Are you surprised?

Honestly?

As an egalitatarian - it’s worrying that this bloke has so much power.

How he has so much effect is bizarre - it’s like following the bloody pied piper.

Do you know what Reading,  nothing surprises me anymore with this club. It was like tonight,  I think 99.9% of us knew this forum wasnt going to anything remotely positive and would probably cause more stir by the end of play. What does surprise me is the amount of so called fans who still stick by the man, the same man who blamed them for things going wrong, and try to justify his ways and means.

• Thanks 3

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

DC has had respect from the moment he walked through the door.

His actions have brought us to a point where people are questioning him. People see what they see. The club has regressed massively in almost every facet and people want answers.

At a certain point, “respect” and “support” is nothing more than burying your head in the sand. The time to blindly tow Chansiri’s line has been and gone.

But they don’t just question him ..... they throw mud , pick up any stick possible to beat the club with , abuse everything and everyone on social media because we’re football fans and we can get away with it 

Am sorry .... but it’s not for me, there’s got to be a better way