Almen Abdi

11 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Who is to say DC version is correct one.?    You?   Yea ok smarty.

To be fair DC was asked a direct question and gave a straight answer. Straight answers to straight questions was what the fanbase demanded before the forum. If DC is lying then Abdi or his representatives should respond 

15 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Chansiris version of the truth is not necessarily the actual truth. 

Maybe not. But what other reason can you think of where a manager is paying £40k a week and not playing a player??? Surely the chairman is desperate for him to play!

What I don't get is the inaction. If he's guilty of misconduct or the like, he should have been fired by the club after summer. Let that be the public outing. Instead now, DC slated him publicly just like he had to apologise on JLs behalf for slating Onomah publicly.. mind numbing, ludicrous really..

2 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Maybe not. But what other reason can you think of where a manager is paying £40k a week and not playing a player??? Surely the chairman is desperate for him to play!

It’s not like it’s the first player frozen out, it started with Mcgugan then Hirst, Clair now Abdi that we know of and you’ll never convince me Westwood is thought of by anybody as  the 3rd best keeper at the club. 

You’ve got to ask what the common denominator is in all these situations.

Players talk, even if he hadn’t completely stuffed up the finances, why would any decent players join us when this is an emerging pattern on how we treat our players. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The bloke will go down as one of the worst signings this club has ever made. 

In saying that, I'm not sure throwing him under the bus was the best thing to do, particularly as the bloke is still employed/paid by the club. 

If you must air the dirty laundry, then do so after the bloke has gone through the exit door. 

By doing this Chansiri has merely served to throw further gasoline on what is already a pretty uncontrollable fire. 

Yet again, he has allowed his heart to overrule his head. 

I dont think he was a bad signing. He had a great track record and it looked a great signing on paper. Didn't turn out that way of course.

Jos Van Aken was a bad signing. £3m for a defender with no track record and seems one who cant turn.

28 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I have no sympathy for Abdi.

Fans have been seeking reasons for these players being missing and DC gave one.

Lets wait and see if the reason KM wasn’t happy was that she sees a law suit on the horizon .

Yep, she likely had her lawyers head on.

Do legal fees affect FFP :)

17 hours ago, OwlontheRock said:

Interesting as he had previously said he wouldn't criticise his staff/ players in public, only in private, then he came out with the Abdi stuff. Actually the room applauded him for confronting Abdi about his alleged attitude.

As DC has stated he intends to sell up, we might see a different side to him. Although I wouldn't know what or who to believe, which is the saddest part.

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He was trying to deflect blame. He was going to start on rhodes before Katrien apparently stopped him, open your eyes a bit. So many players and they are all wrong and he’s right.  Ok yeah Ofc 

As previous. He was asked a question. He answered. If it’s not true then Abdi or his advisors should respond. There would be a case for slander. He said that Jos is responsible for leaving players out. Again if Jos is not responsible he should put the record straight or resign on principle (he’s done it before). I believe that Jos is responsible for selection because DC gave that answer and no one within the club has challenged it. Therefore my issue with DC is that the manager’s selection is contributing to unacceptable results and DC is showing poor, indecisive leadership by not removing the manager.

I’m reading through this thread and still have zero idea what Abdu has allegedly done wrong. Can someone please just break it down.

All I’m reading is the chairman slagging him off. Potentially fit but not? Physics can advise, but only a player can know if their up to it.

Has he refused to play? Obviously I’m very unhappy how the signinrg has turned out, but contractually what has he done wrong for the chairman to be so angry and single him out? 

I’m not defending Abdi, but I’d love to hear his version (probably never will).

I just don’t get what he’s done. Fans are saying he’s bleeding us dry like it was deliberate. Can they elaborate on this as for a change it’s all gone over my head.

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’m reading through this thread and still have zero idea what Abdu has allegedly done wrong. Can someone please just break it down.

All I’m reading is the chairman slagging him off. Potentially fit but not? Physics can advise, but only a player can know if their up to it.

Has he refused to play? Obviously I’m very unhappy how the signinrg has turned out, but contractually what has he done wrong for the chairman to be so angry and single him out? 

I’m not defending Abdi, but I’d love to hear his version (probably never will).

I just don’t get what he’s done. Fans are saying he’s bleeding us dry like it was deliberate. Can they elaborate on this as for a change it’s all gone over my head.

DC says he has been telling fans he is fit, via social media, but then telling the club physios he is not fit to play.

ie speaking with forked tongue

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Maybe he might be a bad Apple. We don’t know we are taking his word for it, all I know is that we have had multiple players youth and experienced who have never had trouble before but over the past 3 years all have turned out the same and been exiled. 

Thats two managers not just jos. 

If you want to believe it then that’s your views.  Mine are that I do t believe in coincidences especially when there are so many. 

As as I stated before he could have told us about abdi at any point in the past two years but yet he brings it up whilst feeling the pressure and fans calling him out for mistakes. 

Thats sometimes th habits of people under pressure trying to deflect blame, that’s all I’m saying 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying Abdi is a bad apple. Nor am I in any way defending the clubs record on recruitment or selection. I’m not even defending the club because things are bad.

You say we are taking his word for it but no one has stood up and said his version is not correct. Why assume he is lying?

My point is that the cast majority of fans on Owlstalk went to the forum demanding answers, clarity, transparency etc. DC did not bring this up or volunteer this information for personal gain or “deflection”. He was answering a question he was asked. This is what we all said we wanted until we don’t line the answer then we finds some other wee wee tail and bull reason to attack the guy.