Almen Abdi

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So .....   Almen Abdi mugs the club off , DC decides to put it to the fans this is what’s gone on and basically gets called an idiot and a liar 

Fernando Forestieri mugs the club off in the worst way possible by refusing to pull on the shirt because he wanted a big move away ...   Fans outrage for DC to ‘sort’ it out and give him a new big bucks contract immediately 

fair ?

Well not necessarily fair or unfair. FF just had season of his career so could command a better contract as he was our best player. 

Abdi had barely made an appearance so deserved to be publicly shamed in my opinion. 

The bloke will go down as one of the worst signings this club has ever made. 

In saying that, I'm not sure throwing him under the bus was the best thing to do, particularly as the bloke is still employed/paid by the club. 

If you must air the dirty laundry, then do so after the bloke has gone through the exit door. 

By doing this Chansiri has merely served to throw further gasoline on what is already a pretty uncontrollable fire. 

Yet again, he has allowed his heart to overrule his head. 

Edited by SiJ

5 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

his career here has been a disaster but yet again our owner has hung another player out to dry on a very public stage. 

Another deflection thrown in to divert attention away from the major issues, we all know abdi is done here yet now everyone wants his blood.   Deflect deflect deflect 

WOW. Before the forum everyone wanted truth and transparency. When DC answers a straight question about Abdi with a straight answer he still gets pelters. Unbelievable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The bloke will go down as one of the worst signings this club has ever made. 

In saying that, I'm not sure throwing him under the bus was the best thing to do, particularly as the bloke is still employed/paid by the club. 

If you must air the dirty laundry, then do so after the bloke has gone through the exit door. 

By doing this Chansiri has merely served to throw further gasoline on what is already a pretty uncontrollable fire. 

Yet again, he has allowed his heart to overrule his head. 

Weren’t our fans demanding that the dirty laundry be aired before the forum? Damned if you do damned if you don’t 

Another fine bit of leadership by our owner.

Also probably worth noting that we've only heard one side of the story. Not that that stops the mindless idiots abusing Abdi straight away.

Abdi can't be happy and surely it can't be good for the dressing room to have players around in this kind of situation. So why have we not attempted to move him on the last 2.5 years? Even if someone only offered 20% of his wages for a loan, surely that would suit all parties?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Weren’t our fans demanding that the dirty laundry be aired before the forum? Damned if you do damned if you don’t 

What has this achieved exactly? 

Do you feel more reassured for knowing this about Abdi? Are all your fears about the future of the club allayed? 

Personally, I'd have liked some plan for the club going forward, but each to their own. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Even if he is right about Almen Abdi I think it was a bit unprofessional to say it in the forum.

Don’t disagree with you on a personal level. My point is that fans went to the forum wanting the club to be open and engage with the fans. DC was asked a direct question and gave a direct an honest answer. We can’t have it both ways

55 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So .....   Almen Abdi mugs the club off , DC decides to put it to the fans this is what’s gone on and basically gets called an idiot and a liar 

Fernando Forestieri mugs the club off in the worst way possible by refusing to pull on the shirt because he wanted a big move away ...   Fans outrage for DC to ‘sort’ it out and give him a new big bucks contract immediately 

fair ?

I have to say you’re putting up a spirited defence of DC across multiple threads, every time I open one there you are doggedly fighting your corner! 

Although I don’t agree with FF’s behaviour when he spat his dummy out about his contract, I can’t say I was mortally offended or that it was the ultimate show of disrespect to the club/fans. I’m much more concerned about the current state of the club, for which DC has to take a large portion of the blame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Don’t disagree with you on a personal level. My point is that fans went to the forum wanting the club to be open and engage with the fans. DC was asked a direct question and gave a direct an honest answer. We can’t have it both ways

Which was entirely my first point, which you got so irked by.

Sometimes it's best to keep things in house.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

What has this achieved exactly? 

Do you feel more reassured for knowing this about Abdi? Are all your fears about the future of the club allayed? 

Personally, I'd have liked some plan for the club going forward, but each to their own. 

Not the point. A supporter asked a question about Abdi not playing. Chairman answered that question. That’s what we were demand. Whilst insignificant in the bigger picture it’s interesting to have the clubs version of why a potentially very good player isn’t involved.

With regards to a plan I am with you 109%. I’m as worried as you that we seem to be treading water if not sinking. 

Seems like the plan is to sell up which doesn’t make me feel any better either until the correct buyer is founded

5 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

his career here has been a disaster but yet again our owner has hung another player out to dry on a very public stage. 

Another deflection thrown in to divert attention away from the major issues, we all know abdi is done here yet now everyone wants his blood.   Deflect deflect deflect 

If he’s being a twohat then DC has every right to out him, why protect him? 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If he’s being a twohat then DC has every right to out him, why protect him? 

Because it's massively unprofessional and reflects badly on the club. We have no idea how accurate the accusation is and only have one side of the story.

(Awaits someone with half a brain to feel the need to point out that Abdi has also acted unprofessionally)

20 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

I have to say you’re putting up a spirited defence of DC across multiple threads, every time I open one there you are doggedly fighting your corner! 

Although I don’t agree with FF’s behaviour when he spat his dummy out about his contract, I can’t say I was mortally offended or that it was the ultimate show of disrespect to the club/fans. I’m much more concerned about the current state of the club, for which DC has to take a large portion of the blame.

Just needs Mal in to back him up and DC's Legion Of Doom are in the ring!