Can I get a Summary?

Sorry all, a serious request, I'm at work tonight in an A&E and won't be done for a long time. I've been trying to keep up on waz breaks etc, but emotions are clearly running high and I haven't really got it.

I'm just a cheap member, paying as we go, and currently struggling to keep the kids that fussed, so a long way off some proper fan woes. But asides from we're doomed is there something akin to a summary, bullet points to theme's or links to anyone summing up.

I'm Wednesday till I  die, and I know stuffs bad, but I've already seen a good deal of real life bad tonight, so could just do with an easy serve of tonight's headlines for my next break.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Anus
Thudn't spelli
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Anus said:

Sorry all, a serious request, I'm at work tonight in an A&E and won't be done for a long time. I've been trying to keep up on waz breaks etc, but emotions are clearly running high and I haven't really got it.

I'm just a cheap member, paying as we go, and currently struggling to keep the kids that fussed, so a long way off some proper fan woes. But asides from we're doomed is there something akin to a summary, bullet points to theme's or links to anyone summing up.

I'm Wednesday till I  die, and I know stuffs bad, but I've already seen a good deal of real life bad tonight, so could just do with an easy serve of tonight's headlines for my next break.

Thanks in advance.

read the posts from official twitter account.  https://twitter.com/swfc is best way. Ignore the lunatics on here who just want to create carnage, not that we arent in a car crash.

• Thanks 2

We were going around in circles, people asking same questions time after time. 

Only thing I learned thats new is Shop at Meadowhall is doing well and could stay open permanently, that bird from Charlton is nice with a wazzle pair of jugs and Almen Abdi is a cheeky monkey. 

We already knew these..... 

Jos stays for now but could be out anytime.

Chansiri would love to put more money in but is restricted by ffp. 

Westwood and Hutchinson arent playing because Jos doesn't rate em, nothing else. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Anus said:

Thanks in advance.

Quick summery

We have a clueless owner and a useless manager. 

I wasn’t there but tried to follow owlstalk and the twitter feeds of Dom Howson and Andy Giddings. I’ll have a go at a summary; those who were there can add anything I’ve missed or got wrong

·         He’s not going to sack Jos because ‘there has to be a reason’ and there’s ‘no guarantee the next manager will be any better’ to which the audience made it clear that ‘anyone would be better’. I don’t think he’ll be in any doubt that the fans want Jos out. Perhaps the only good thing to come out of the evening.

·         He confirmed that there were no financial or contractual reasons why Jos should not pick Westwood or Hutch etc. These were decisions made entirely by Jos.

·         He didn’t express dissatisfaction with his advisors. He wouldn’t say who they were but they were the same advisors who built the team that nearly reached the Premiership. ‘Even Man C and Man U don’t always recruit the right players’

·         He said last year we missed the FFP target by a long way (‘8 figures’ ie 10 million plus) but ‘don’t worry this year won’t be so bad’

·         He admitted we were constrained (by FFP) in what we can spend next month but he’ll ‘do what he can’ and ‘there’s still two months to go’

·         He sort of suggested that the FFP problems might be sorted by the end of this season without explaining how

·         He ‘couldn’t guarantee’ what incomings or outgoings there might be in January

·         Katrien said we had been under a temporary embargo but hadn’t broken the rules, unlike Birmingham who might get a points deduction

·         When asked about his 5-year plan he spoke of being ‘tired’ and feeling unwanted by the fans and said his life in Thailand was happy and profitable but he ‘loves this club’ and assured us he wouldn’t leave it ‘worse than before’

·         He told us not to worry because we wouldn’t get relegated

·         According to Owlstalk he said that Almen Abdi had ‘disrespected the club’ by saying pre-season that he was fit and ready to go but then turned up and said he couldn’t play

·         His meeting with the players was simply to ask them what had gone wrong, ask for their advice on what he could do to help and to encourage them to work for each other.

·         He said that even when watching on TV in Thailand he got the impression they didn’t trust each other. (Did he say ‘and the manager?)

·         Katrien said DC looks after the football side of the business; her job was to manage the day-to-day such as the facilities in the ground

·         When a fan said it’s our money that pays for this club he said it was his money and our contribution was ‘nothing’ (not sure that was his exact phrase)

·         When asked whether he might reduce the ticket prices given the standard of football he said no because the expenditure (contracts, fees etc) was just as high as when we were doing better

·         He said he hadn’t bought Jordan Rhodes due to fan pressure, just that the fans were happy when we bought him

Anything else?

My reading was that he had no plans to change anything and couldn’t see why he should.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, after a long night I feel rather subdued by it all, doesn't feel like life as a fan will improve for a wee while. The big problems remain and no change is in sight. I take the academy stuff as a positive for down the line.

Sad thing is I'll still be turning up if we end up in Division 3, I think I'm as broken as this chuffing club! If only I could work out what other people do instead...

UTO's

48 minutes ago, Anus said:

Thanks all, after a long night I feel rather subdued by it all, doesn't feel like life as a fan will improve for a wee while. The big problems remain and no change is in sight. I take the academy stuff as a positive for down the line.

Sad thing is I'll still be turning up if we end up in Division 3, I think I'm as broken as this chuffing club! If only I could work out what other people do instead...

UTO's

There's a link to Dom Howsons tweet things in the last few pages of the OMDT forum thread, hon. It seems that some scoundrel connected to this site was slightly rearranging what was said and posting those rearranged updates to get bites/traffic. Hope your shift wasn't too stressful.

• Thanks 1