We’re F*cked

16 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

Not to mention the shambles of our 150th anniversary - which is something he can never recover from.

You know Dan you are dead right ..

My Mrs said this at the time of the "Celibrations" ..

:-- " if you can't organise a decent knees up 

You ain't gonna be much good at organising anything" ...

Of course she's always right .....

WTF:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

If you check you will find that Elev8 Energy Drink company was formed by Chansiri in August 2017.

Elev8 Clothing Ltd. was also formed by Chansiri in August 2017 .

Both companies are registered at the same address.

That would suggest they were both formed for the same reason wouldn't you think ?

A core difference being that Elev8 has actual products. If the club's account show Elev8 Clothing Ltd made a sponsorship payment beyond what we'd expect from a conventional supplier I'll stand corrected. But I'm pretty sure DC publicly stated he brought kit manufacturing in-house because he thought he could do a better job with healthier margins.

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

A core difference being that Elev8 has actual products. If the club's account show Elev8 Clothing Ltd made a sponsorship payment beyond what we'd expect from a conventional supplier I'll stand corrected. But I'm pretty sure DC publicly stated he brought kit manufacturing in-house because he thought he could do a better job with healthier margins.

I wouldn't know what sponsorship money was paid by any individual company.

These monies are all lumped together in the published accounts.

I would presume the statement regarding healthier margins takes account of all this though.

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I wouldn't know what sponsorship money was paid by any individual company.

These monies are all lumped together in the published accounts.

I would presume the statement regarding healthier margins takes account of all this though.

I appreciate the sentiments, just think it was misguided to create this operational challenge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

He’s misguided, naive and probably quite stubborn. But its also glaringly obvious that he genuinely cares. That in itself gives me a little comfort, but he needs to make changes and fast. 

Stuff needs to change, he needs help from proper football folk. And personally I think he’d be better off letting KM get involved more - from Ive seen of her she’s come across really well. 

You talk more sense than some of the idiots on here!

What's totally baffling to me is how he can run a successful business ie frozen fish yet totally be clueless in a new business venture ie: SWFC

Is he that niaive to trust everyone that woffled to him as a potential advisor?

How often does he get feedback? I dont just mean results!

WTF is the CEO's role? WTF is Doyen's role?

Where are these people taking this once proud club?

A clean sweep is needed from top to bottom, everything barring the laundry staff (sad attempt at humour)

It hurts to admit it but SWFC is a complete shambles right now

Its never been easy to be an owls fan (speaking from 60 years experience) but it really is difficult right now.

Merry Christmas all Owls and hopefully we get something sorted quickly or we going back to the doldrum days of yesteryear.

IWTID - wawaw -UTO

On 19/12/2018 at 22:26, KivoOwl said:

Jan 2015 -     First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -     Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -     Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395.
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge changed. Fans not asked.
Jun 2016 -     Signed Steven Fletcher, Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox.
Jul 2016 -     Lewis McGugan frozen out.
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not asked.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck.
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced.
May 2017 -     Losses of £20m announced.
May 2017 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -     Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy.
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL.
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball.
Jan 2018 -     Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players.
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out
Jul 2018 -     Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Keiren Westwood frozen out
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad.
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that the transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with.
Sep 2018 -    Sam Hutchinson frozen out

Apologies for being late to this and despite agreeing with you I do feel it slightly unfair to list only the negative points. Not read read the full thread so if this is corrected later, again I'm sorry. Uto

On 20/12/2018 at 11:32, The Dukeries Owl said:

Were not the signings of Bus, Vermijl and Melo sanctioned by our "turns out not to be real" benefactor from the Land of fire? 

Not sure if anyone answered you. No, they were just before DC’s purchase went through but funded by him.

Edited by Morepork

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:22, sheffield_dave said:

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is in massive trouble.

FFP is a huge problem and isn’t going away. Seems to bigger than any of us actually thought. Steps to resolve it are required immediately and won’t be alleviated by expiring contracts. 

Named and shamed Abdi as “disrespectful” to the club, to a facepalm by the CEO.

”I don’t know” when asked about the plan for the next 5 years.

Your money doesn’t cover anything, but he can’t put the prices down. 

The manager isn’t going anywhere, but at least he’s human. A point nicely clarified for us across multiple questions. 

Tired and alone. Values club at £100m. Says we should thank him. 

Multiple vague references to “won’t be as bad as before”. Outright states we won’t be going down.

Buckle your seat belts, folks. This rollercoaster is heading back down and fast. I think we’re as likely to be out of business as we are a Premier League side within the next 10 years. 

Oh, and that banner at the back of the Kop? Can we take it the f*ck down please? 

I think this was blatantly obvious at the start of the season. So nothing new here. We can tie all these threads up by simply saying;

1. The chairman is not a football man and doesn't listen to reason

2. Jos is not the manager for the club

3. We cannot buy any more players due to FFP.

4. We are going backwards at an alarming rate

5. We are advised by parasites.

or I forgot,

6.  the chairman is raping us in relation to ticket prices which will not change.

I think this sums the club at the present and for the foreseeable future.