We’re F*cked

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Jan 2015 -     First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -     Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -     Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395.
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge changed. Fans not asked.
Jun 2016 -     Signed Steven Fletcher, Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox.
Jul 2016 -     Lewis McGugan frozen out.
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not asked.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck.
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced.
May 2017 -     Losses of £20m announced.
May 2017 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -     Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy.
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL.
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball.
Jan 2018 -     Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players.
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out
Jul 2018 -     Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Keiren Westwood frozen out
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad.
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that the transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with.
Sep 2018 -    Sam Hutchinson frozen out

Thanks for posting this - evidence of an abject failure all round the signings in particular have been ridiculously bad 

10 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Think he said '8 figure sum' suggesting £100m at least. 

8 figure sum bit I read was how much over FFP we were! 6 zero's in a million, to 10m min.

“The #EFL changed the regulations at the end of last season. We didn’t just break (FFP rules) a little we break alot - 8 figures. Don’t worry it won’t be as bad as it was before.”

11 hours ago, nickswfc said:

I agree Chansiri deserves a lot of criticism.

But to simply pick up on the negatives is unfair. 

11 hours ago, debram said:

Any positives please

New scoreboard

New pitch

Training ground improvements or am I wrong there?

Multi million pound signings (but even that had its pitfalls)

Jordan Rhodes for 8m

play off final at wembley

(anything else to add, can't think off top of my head)

there are indeed "positives" .. not success or achievements but POSITIVES from DC's current reign, however, like many have alluded to and pointed out, the negatives and f*ck ups are now beginning to far outweigh any positives of the past .. well in my opinion anyway

i think thats why fans are now becoming REALLY disgruntled (along with the other stuff thats happened and happeningl)

For all his cash, for all the money we suddenly came in to .. most of it has been squandered and flushed down the karzy thanks to a lack of preparation, future proofing and ensuring we had a plan B in case of failure. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail .. I can't believe that any astute, experienced business person does not forecast a worst case scenario plan and have a back up .. very much like fecking Carlos .. no plan B

flipping shambolic ...

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

New scoreboard

New pitch

Training ground improvements or am I wrong there?

Multi million pound signings (but even that had its pitfalls)

Jordan Rhodes for 8m

play off final at wembley

(anything else to add, can't think off top of my head)

there are indeed "positives" .. not success or achievements but POSITIVES from DC's current reign, however, like many have alluded to and pointed out, the negatives and f*ck ups are now beginning to far outweigh any positives of the past .. well in my opinion anyway

i think thats why fans are now becoming REALLY disgruntled (along with the other stuff thats happened and happeningl)

For all his cash, for all the money we suddenly came in to .. most of it has been squandered and flushed down the karzy thanks to a lack of preparation, future proofing and ensuring we had a plan B in case of failure. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail .. I can't believe that any astute, experienced business person does not forecast a worst case scenario plan and have a back up .. very much like fecking Carlos .. no plan B

flipping shambolic ...

I think there has been significant money spent on the training ground, dont get the JR signing imo it was a failure but not necessarily his fault, everything else spot on.

16 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is in massive trouble.

FFP is a huge problem and isn’t going away. Seems to bigger than any of us actually thought. Steps to resolve it are required immediately and won’t be alleviated by expiring contracts. 

Named and shamed Abdi as “disrespectful” to the club, to a facepalm by the CEO.

”I don’t know” when asked about the plan for the next 5 years.

Your money doesn’t cover anything, but he can’t put the prices down. 

The manager isn’t going anywhere, but at least he’s human. A point nicely clarified for us across multiple questions. 

Tired and alone. Values club at £100m. Says we should thank him. 

Multiple vague references to “won’t be as bad as before”. Outright states we won’t be going down.

Buckle your seat belts, folks. This rollercoaster is heading back down and fast. I think we’re as likely to be out of business as we are a Premier League side within the next 10 years. 

Oh, and that banner at the back of the Kop? Can we take it the f*ck down please? 

But apart from that, what do you think our chances are of getting a good deal are? 

• Haha 1

Has everyone forgotten the Elev8 kit debacle? Not seen it mentioned.

Running a football club is evidently challenging enough, to then opt to take on manufacturing your own kit, is biting off more than you can chew. 

To top it off, it didn't even result in making the kits more affordable, and instead saw fans paying more than they ever have in the past. 

12 minutes ago, bobness said:

Running a football club is evidently challenging enough, to then opt to take on manufacturing your own kit, is biting off more than you can chew. 

To top it off, it didn't even result in making the kits more affordable, and instead saw fans paying more than they ever have in the past. 

That wasn't the stated aim.

The stated aim was to maximize revenue for the club.  Whether we like it or not, SWFC's revenue from fans over the years has been pitiful.  Wouldn't be a problem if owners were allowed to invest in the way they could 15 or 20 years ago, but FFP fizzed that model right up.  

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

23 minutes ago, bobness said:

The Elev8 debacle as you call it was a way of him investing more into the club without contravening FFP / P&S.

15 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The Elev8 debacle as you call it was a way of him investing more into the club without contravening FFP / P&S.

Did the Elev8 sportswear brand pay a sponsorship fee? My understanding was that this was separate from the Chansiri, Elev8 Energy Drink, and D-Taxis sponshorships, all of which put money into the club.

If I recall correctly, the stated reasoning behind manufacturing the kit in-house was because DC did not like the look of the numbers from the conventional kit suppliers.

Either way, I'm not sure how delivering a home kit several months late isn't a debacle.

Edited by bobness

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Did the Elev8 sportswear brand pay a sponsorship fee? My understanding was that this was separate from the Chansiri, Elev8 Energy Drink, and D-Taxis sponshorships, all of which put money into the club.

If I recall correctly, the stated reasoning behind manufacturing the kit in-house was because DC did not like the look of the numbers from the conventional kit suppliers.

Either way, I'm not sure how delivering a home kit several months late isn't a debacle.

If you check you will find that Elev8 Energy Drink company was formed by Chansiri in August 2017.

Elev8 Clothing Ltd. was also formed by Chansiri in August 2017 .

Both companies are registered at the same address.

That would suggest they were both formed for the same reason wouldn't you think ?

37 minutes ago, Neal M said:

That wasn't the stated aim.

The stated aim was to maximize revenue for the club.  Whether we like it or not, SWFC's revenue from fans over the years has been pitiful.  Wouldn't be a problem if owners were allowed to invest in the way they could 15 or 20 years ago, but FFP fizzed that model right up.  

With a great deal of assistance from Chelski & The United Arab Emirates of Eastlands....

The stable doors are now firmly shut now them two stallions have bolted ...

lol

• Like 1