Fans forum match day thread

Reading this, twitter and updates from my mates who attended, i can honestly say i have never felt so detached from the club in all my 30 years supporting them.

FFP is severely restricting the club, the £39m is dated and way too harsh in the current climate of ever increasing fees, wages and parachute payments, that has to be factored in, however, commercially, community and operationally wise we are a shambles. 

Just now, hawksmore said:

Reading this, twitter and updates from my mates who attended, i can honestly say i have never felt so detached from the club in all my 30 years supporting them.

FFP is severely restricting the club, the £39m is dated and way too harsh in the current climate of ever increasing fees, wages and parachute payments, that has to be factored in, however, commercially, community and operationally wise we are a shambles. 

Commercially, lets be honest, weve always been a shambles. So the fact there is no improvement. I certainly cant beat DC with a stick for that. At least we have a go at a few things. 

One statement from tonight’s meeting that proves to me DC is not all there is that he thinks he can sell the club for £100 million. What planet is he on?  Tonight was a waste of time but I’m sure most of us knew it was going to be. Jos is here for the long haul get used to it. DC will drag our club into the ground. 

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

The fervent demand for blood by those that sit at home with their thumbs up their arses makes me smile. 

Dc is too loyal. Far too loyal. He HAS done some odd things and made some poor judgement calls but the way the folk on here want to chuck him under the bus makes me sad to my core. Someone asking why someone hasn't questioned the cu.. 

It's a disgrace. I'm ashamed. I'll get negged to he'll and back for this but those being aggressive and spouting hatred and hole based on rumour and conjecture need to learn to control themselves. They don't represent our fans.

Exactly this! This thread bares little resemblance to the actual meeting I’ve been to but many on hear would hate to let truth get in the way of their bile filled bitterness 

9 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Sorry but tonight seems to be a waste of time, nothing productive 

As far as I’m concerned all DC has done is

Confirm his lack of football knowledge by not sacking Jos, it’s embarrassing to think DC will happily pay high wages to KW, Boyd, Hutch etc and just accept jos doesn’t think they are the better option 

prices wont be going down no matter what

Its coming across as the poor me show, 

Sad times

I have a feeling season ticket renewels will be though .

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Commercially, lets be honest, weve always been a shambles. So the fact there is no improvement. I certainly cant beat DC with a stick for that. At least we have a go at a few things. 

You agree no commercial progress has been made and yet you don't think that's an issue?

In 4 years, commercially, we should not be shambolic.

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Seen this a few times tonight.

Bob's calculator was out by 1.5m at a time when we lost just under 1m on two, although taken with good intentions, very poor decisions by the chairman at that time.

We were on the steps and facing admin for a few hundred grand and it was the CEO talking to the cameras.

We are in a very different arena with much bigger numbers and to some degree are protected as a club by the mechanism (FFP) which could also be argued as holding us back.

There has been a hell of a lot of water under the bridge since then but some folk seem to forget just how bad the situation really was back then, how close we came to admin and being asset stripped and finally that the "game" back then is very different to what we are playing now and oversimplifying it and making stuff up to suit helps nobody.

The truth isn't debatable or formed by opinion, it is forged in facts and circumstances.

Thank god it ended up on Diane Abbotts desk.

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So pretty much the chairman has been a disaster and you're frustrated that people are angry that he's been a disaster. Sorry for making it about you but its not really surprising is it. 

No. The discussion was about opinions being entrenched and minds already being made up which for some people is very obviously true.

There are people who held the "disaster" view you refer to but have discussed and picked out bits that came out instead of totally dismissing everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

You agree no commercial progress has been made and yet you don't think that's an issue?

In 4 years, commercially, we should not be shambolic.

There isnt alot you can do with that stadium and location (its old and a bit poo and the area isnt that accessible to and from.) 

So im comfortable that hes tried some bits as tbh anything is a miracle. 

It was rubbish before he got here, it still will be, while we fail to update or move from Hillsborough.