Fans forum match day thread

Just now, owls maniac said:

How long we going to have to endure this though? Look at Blackpool, Coventry etc. This misery could roll on for years, and then we have to hope he flogs us on to someone who knows what they are doing. I’m totally disillusioned with it. 

Tbf weve been there before. 

8 minutes ago, steveger said:

Not going to end well for anyone all this, yeah he's out of his depth and clearly is too stubborn to admit it, he needs footballing people in before it's too late, don't get all the crap about the woman and her alleged past, always 2 sides to a story and she should be judged on what she does here for this club. He's gonna totally destroy whats left of the goodwill with the fans who go to matches due to his mistakes and continued stubbornness though. 

I'm really worried about the clubs future now.

Too many people seem to be strangely "enjoying" this for my liking, seriously..

Some of us ain't Stevey but if he won't listen what can we do jos is a liability we know that but even as Mr Chanciri defends him he the chucks him under a bus ,And if he needs help from the fans as stated he needs to listen to them in the first place ,He is right in the fact that he says we should work together but there has to be something that we can agree on in the first place ,my point would be ditch the hangers on or those who are leaching the club  get new reliable people in ,reduce prices on the boxes and utilize advertising space or naming rights even , then reduce the fees that the fans get charged , and look into hiring out the stadium , make the club pay for it's self , I'm no business man  nor claim to be but I do know that money can be made by opening up  to all avenues that that could add to the cashflow at swfc

Just now, Stoop said:

Can anyone confirm if he actually said anything about Abdi or is everyone just taking the p*ss

id like to know that too , if he has said that I don't think it would go down too well with the other players saying that regarding a fellow player even if its true and we all know that abdi has been in out top 2  worst signings ever. 

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

milan was a proper owner ,knew the football business as well as anyone , he would have a squad for a quarter of the money chansiri has wasted and be much better, not difficult that one, and we wont have 3 more years under the ffp umbrella what we are having now. 

Milan was a business man who knew football and the direction it was taking . He knew what it took to take a floundering club  from where it was to "good to go .....Premiership ready"   

He took a gamble probably losing 2-3 mil a year while he was here , paid off all the  cronies or had a deal with them regarding loans , tarted us up and eventually found a buyer .

He made no secret of this . 

said he would leave us in safe hands but when you are losing millions a year ...first with the dough gets it 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

after tonight I hope all these fans saying bruce, jokanovic as new manager will realise no way on earth that will ever happen. only an unknown or someone out of work and desperate will work under chansiri . 

Indeed.

I can't imagine any manager worth his salt wanting anything to do with DC.

We really are deep in No.2's

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

This Chairman is completely away with the fairies.

It’ll only end in tears.

Not like you all haven't been given the signs - for years.

£90:00 season Membership anyone?

The bloke is completely deluded.

Utterly.

But we still have a banner up ....... THANK YOU DELPHON CHANSIRI 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

DC: "I have thought about [Slavisa] Jokanovic, but he will not want to come back to the championship. He is now a Premier League manager"

Talking about hiring other managers, whilst publicly backing Jos

lol

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, g-owls said:

He's absolutely nothing like Milan Mandaric and you well know it.

Mandaric made it pretty clear from the outset that he purely liked saving football clubs, moving them forward and selling on for a profit.

He also knew when it was the right time to get rid of the manager.

i was making a point about the made up romantic nonsense that some of our posters fell for about his loving the club and would always do so and keep checking in etc......

ha ha f**king ha.......:biggrin:

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

milan was a proper owner ,knew the football business as well as anyone , he would have a squad for a quarter of the money chansiri has wasted and be much better, not difficult that one, and we wont have 3 more years under the ffp umbrella what we are having now. 

Give your head a shake pal....   MM was days away from selling us to Mammadov the fraudster

Spent the last 15 minutes trying to find the quote where Chansiri said something along the lines of - Jos picks the team and it's nothing to do with contracts - but can't for the life of me find it.

I think the real truth to this is Jos is given a weekly budget to spend on bonuses. He hasn't necessarily been told any particular individual can't play but the system leaves no room for those on higher bonuses like Westwood and Hutchinson to play. So technically Chansiri hasn't told him who he can't pick but at the same time has forced Jos' hand into effectively freezing certain players out. It also would explain the bizarre and frequently changing sides as if he decides to start X that means he has to remove Y to balance the numbers.

So it's not about new contracts being triggered, but about controlling how much the club spends on appearance, clean sheet and goal bonuses.