Be careful what you wish for!

By all means DC should be challenged on events over the past 18 months.  But before some people start exploding with their own indignance tonight, take a breath and remember a couple of points to temper that frustration:

1.  DC has ploughed millions of his own cash into the club.  As such it’s HIS club until sold.  He alone has the power to sort this out.  

2.  Can any of us seriously believe that he is personally remotely happy or satisfied with the current situation and that he doesn’t want to see the club succeed.  Of course not so let’s keep him onside.

3.  This season is now about surviving to partially reset FFP and go again next.  DC must know that so let’s hope he had a plan for a more competent manager to bed in to do that.

4.  Finally and perhaps most importantly - a fall out between fans and owner is not a good path to take.  Look at Blackpool and Hull to see examples of owners in dispute with fans.  

Be be careful what you wish for

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

By all means DC should be challenged on events over the past 18 months.  But before some people start exploding with their own indignance tonight, take a breath and remember a couple of points to temper that frustration:

1.  DC has ploughed millions of his own cash into the club.  As such it’s HIS club until sold.  He alone has the power to sort this out.  

2.  Can any of us seriously believe that he is personally remotely happy or satisfied with the current situation and that he doesn’t want to see the club succeed.  Of course not so let’s keep him onside.

3.  This season is now about surviving to partially reset FFP and go again next.  DC must know that so let’s hope he had a plan for a more competent manager to bed in to do that.

4.  Finally and perhaps most importantly - a fall out between fans and owner is not a good path to take.  Look at Blackpool and Hull to see examples of owners in dispute with fans.  

Good post. 

Agree with all 4 points. 

I do laugh when I see people saying ‘Chansiri Out’. Like someone can sack him or there’s a long queue of rich businessmen waiting for the chance to buy us. 

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Good post. 

Agree with all 4 points. 

I do laugh when I see people saying ‘Chansiri Out’. Like someone can sack him or there’s a long queue of rich businessmen waiting for the chance to buy us. 

Spot on. Anyone got £40 million they don't need ? ...........................................................................Thought not.

We need to keep Mr C interested. If he walks, writes off his losses, where does that leave us ?

We came close to folding a few years ago, literally hours, and if you don't think it can happen you're in dreamland.

I think a lot of us would finally have the respect he desires if he stood up tonight and said look, I've done X Y and Z wrong and I'm sorry - and this is why we're in this situation and I've done A,B and C to rectify it or will be doing over the next 6 months. 

That's all we want - acknowledge and adjust. Don't fire back. 

Every time I read be careful what you wish for as a Wednesday fan my immediate response is to it a big f*ck off.

We’ve been pretty crap fir the best part of two decades. Other clubs don’t settle for mediocrity and the fact they were crap so it’s all alright now. Why should we.

On to your points.

1. He hasn’t done this out the goodness of his heart. He’s done it to get a huge ROI, or feed his ego. Whatever the reasons I don’t have a problem with, however he ballsed it up though.

2. He won’t be happy, but he is damn ignorant to the situation.

3. Has any of his past decisions and track record give you faith he has a plan on a new manager yet alone how to salvage this mess?

4. He’s created the fall out, continues to make it worse and divide fans, heirechy and club. It’s only now fans may finally be speaking out in numbers. We are supposed to just sit and quietly accept the mess?

Last point, f*ck you and anyone else that tells me to ge careful what I wish for. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Spot on. Anyone got £40 million they don't need ? ...........................................................................Thought not.

We need to keep Mr C interested. If he walks, writes off his losses, where does that leave us ?

We came close to folding a few years ago, literally hours, and if you don't think it can happen you're in dreamland.

So according to most on here, he appears to employ inept managers. So do we continue in the sane vein. We can't have it all ways. How many decent sized clubs have folded in the history of the game. Basically that wouldn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Heeleyowl said:

If he is unhappy with whats happening , he isnt doing anything to change the situation. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

If he is unhappy with whats happening , he isnt doing anything to change the situation. 

Why dont we wait to see what is said at tonights forum before we start throwing accusations around. In my opinion he must have a plan or he would not be holding the forum. 

We should have taken the hit pre Mandaric...We really should,,But there we stood, secure in valours station, shiverin' alone on the windy moral high ground...

We slated Leeds for doing it, leicester, Crystal Palace ..twice...Southampton....and you know what?..They don't give a flyer!!

and here we stand....Chansiri walks...what happens...We fold?...Do me a favour...

Who's gonna pass up on 25'000 daft f.ookers like us turning up...to play whoever?

Wednesday fans sat and worried about the stigma that would be attached to a "famous old football club"..instead of worrying about the future...Burn the sodding thing down and start again should have been the mantra...years ago...But not.... "The Wednesday"...

Wheres that moral stance got us?..nowhere

Here we are paying the highest prices in the league....highest prices for second tier football in the sodding world...!!..And owls fans say..."oooh but we still have our dignity...

Bllx to dignity...it f.ooked off outta football years ago...

If delphjon chooses to walk tonight...I'll say thanks for trying....Then

We build and plough the bloody furrow again....

Sheffield Wednesday does not end with Chansiri....I honestly hope he stays...I bought into the first 2 years....but only one person got it wrong..and sadly it was Delphjon Chansiri.

Go again Delphjon...power to your elbow mate...but you seriously need to gen up on what Sheffield Wednesday football club is...Its not charging ridiculous prices for tat...

There is a hardcore of supporters, and as they dwindle, so do our chances of staying in this division..but mark me....You go..We stay..We always have done, we always will

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Every time I read be careful what you wish for as a Wednesday fan my immediate response is to it a big f*ck off.

We’ve been pretty crap fir the best part of two decades. Other clubs don’t settle for mediocrity and the fact they were crap so it’s all alright now. Why should we.

On to your points.

1. He hasn’t done this out the goodness of his heart. He’s done it to get a huge ROI, or feed his ego. Whatever the reasons I don’t have a problem with, however he ballsed it up though.

2. He won’t be happy, but he is damn ignorant to the situation.

3. Has any of his past decisions and track record give you faith he has a plan on a new manager yet alone how to salvage this mess?

4. He’s created the fall out, continues to make it worse and divide fans, heirechy and club. It’s only now fans may finally be speaking out in numbers. We are supposed to just sit and quietly accept the mess?

Last point, f*ck you and anyone else that tells me to ge careful what I wish for. 

This 100% for me.

Watching us sink is like a death of a thousand cuts.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

So according to most on here, he appears to employ inept managers. So do we continue in the sane vein. We can't have it all ways. How many decent sized clubs have folded in the history of the game. Basically that wouldn't happen. 

Trust me, we were very, very close.

Just now, doubleo said:

Trust me, we were very, very close.

Close enough for an investor to pick us up a dirt cheap price at the time and make millions out of us. Maybe I am being cynical though and Milan bought us out of the goodness of his heart and was just feeling a wave of benevolence.

41 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Wish I could plus this loads. Bravo.

”Be careful what you wish for” - what does it actually mean?

Anyway - “mustn’t grumble”.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prince said:

Close enough for an investor to pick us up a dirt cheap price at the time and make millions out of us. Maybe I am being cynical though and Milan bought us out of the goodness of his heart and was just feeling a wave of benevolence.

Things aren't good off the pitch and are bl**dy aweful on it, but trying to force Chansiri out is going to achieve nothing. We're not exactly an attractive buy are we. He threw millions at it and almost did it. I beleive our best option is still Mr C. Ride out this season, get a new coach in asap and go again.

As per title,

Said that about Carlos,,,,and deep down i really think we'd be in alot better position in Div if he was still here..He had injuries so couldnt play players he wanted,he didnt have players not wanting to play for him at all....

I think it's to late for Jos now as the players havnt bought into what he wanted one bit on the pitch....and the fans have turned.....

So yeh be careful what you ALL  wish for,but please please please Santa can you get Jos to f o o k right off out of here as soon as ......

UTO      FTFB......